The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in a Hunter x Hunter RP? (However... with anthros!)  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Nii

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Eh.
    • Awards
  • Species: Border Collie
  • Height: 173 CM
  • Weight: 64 KG
  • Build: Slightly chubby
  • Currently: Trying hard
Well, since I've watched 130 episodes of the 2011 adaptation I think I know my way around the lore well enough to make a RP about it. However, I'm only going to start the RP if at least 4 people confirm that they will play, and you can start in groups if you want to. Just tell me if you guys are interested in this RP.

Warning: Hunter x Hunter Lore is very complex and well-done, so if you are interested in playing, please pay attention to what's written below... also... beware the wall of text...

Well, so I'm going to explain the basics about Hunter x Hunter, the anime/manga is about people who train to control their aura using the technique known as "Nen", Aura is basically the vital energy that resides inside every living organism, even in plants. The anime doesn't have a evil organization who wants to destroy the world or anything like that, just people with different objectives and goals, like in real life.

However, sometimes The world needs a little saving that normal people can't solve, that's where the Hunter organization comes in. Hunters have the right to travel anywhere they want to for free, they have access to 90% of restricted areas through the world, and among other things, including killing without having to worry about the legal consequences.

People aspiring to become hunters need to go through the Hunter Exam before they get their hunter license, and after that, they need to go through the real challenge (which no one is allowed to mention in the exam) to officially become a hunter, which is learning about nen and be able to use the basics of nen into action, and finally, I'm going to explain about Nen itself.

Aura nodes are pores in our body which leaks and releases our aura, learning to control these pores is the first step in mastering Nen use, Through the use of Nen, one can have paranormal abilities using the power of their mind, the 4 basics of nen which every nen user has to know are:

Ten: Focus the mind, reflect on self and determine the goal, this is the metaphorical meaning of Ten, pratically, to use Ten you focus your aura around your body, making a coat of Aura envolve you, which works as a protection against an emotional attack from a Nen-user, if a Nen-user is angry at you, his aura would be so threathening you won't be able to even stand near him if you don't use Ten.

Zetsu: Put it into words, this is the metaphorical meaning of Zetsu, pratically, by using Zetsu you close your Aura nodes, stopping your aura from flowing through your body, making you vunerable to attacks from Nen-users, but, completely hiding your presence from other Nen-users, which can't feel or see your aura if you are using Zetsu.

Ren: Itensify your will, this is the metaphorical meaning of Ren, pratically, if you use Ren you increase the ammount of aura which your body produces, enhancing your physycal attributes and giving you a larger pool of Aura to use stronger attacks.

Hatsu: This is what makes every Nen-user unique and different from each other. "Put it to action" This is the metaphorical meaning of Hatsu. Every living being is born under a category of Nen, which are:

Depending on which category you were born, you can make unique abilities to use in any situation you want to... However, you have 100% of natural mastery in the category you were born, and 60% and 40% in he nearest categories, for example, if one is born in the enhancement category, they would have 100% in enhancement, and 60% in emission or transformation, and 40% on the other one (For example, if you have 60% in emission, you would have 40% in transformation, or, if you have 60% in transformation, you would have 40% in emission)

Now, I'm going to give some examples of abilities from characters in the anime.

Gon - Enhancement: "Rock, Paper, Scissors" Gon's ability has 3 different forms, one which he uses only enhancement to give a very strong punch in his enemy, the other ones he mixes Enhancement with his other categories creating different abilities, but that just too much information.

Hisoka - Transmutation: "Bungee Gun" Hisoka changes his aura's property to a sticky one, which he uses to trap things into his aura. He can also materalize tissues using the conjuration category, which he changes the texture to make the tissues look like anything he wants them to.

Kurapika - Conjuration: Kurapika conjures 5 chains which are attached to his fingers, each chain has a different name and different abilities, Conjurators can apply abilities that doesn't fall under any other category to their conjured items, since they have 40/60% in Specialization.

Illumi - Manipulation: "Hypnotic spell" By moving his arm towards someone's head, Illumi places a needle in their brain, making them follow a certain order involuntarily as long as the needle remains in their brain, Illumi can also uses his needles to drastically change the appearance of something.

Leorio - Emission: "Warp Punch" Leorio strikes a surface, opening a portal which leads to another portal on a nearby surface, making his attacks reach wherever he wants as long as it is relatively nearby, however, when his arm/leg pass through the portal, they stretch far longer than a normal human arm/leg.

Chrollo - Specialization: "Bandit's Treasure" Chrollo conjures a book which he uses to copy the abilities of Nen-users he meets, it is unknown what are the requirements to steal his victims' abilities. However, he can only use these abilities if he is in direct physical contact with his book.

Some other examples: Neon - Specialization: She uses her ability to read the future of someone nearby her.
Killua - Transmutation: Killua changes his aura into pure electricity, however, he is not immune to the pain, but since his childhood was full of torture he can easily endure exetremely high voltages.
Gon - Enhancement/Emission: Gon uses his 60% mastery in emission to launch a sphere made of aura.
Gon- Enhancement/Transmutation: Gon uses his 40% mastery in transmutation to change his aura's touch to a blade's, making anyone who touches his aura being cut.

Vows and Limitations: Nen is a product of the mind, and the user's mentaility and goals affect how his abilities work. If the user becomes mentally unstable he will not be able to properly control Nen, if the user feels motivated and focused his Aura is going to become stronger and more stable. However, one can also apply Vows and Limitations to their Hatsu, applying certain conditions that increase the power of their abilities, at the cost of only being able to use said ability in said condition. A Nen-user can also apply Vows to their abilities, something like "I will die if I use this ability against short people", this will make the ability much stronger, but at the cost of being punished if you break your vow.

Exorcism: Some people have abilities that affect something or someone for as long as the user lives, however, there are people who have abilities to destroy these effects, these people are called "Nen Exorcists".

Some other techniques Nen users can master-

Gyo - Similar to Ten and Ren, Gyo is a technique to focus your aura on a certain part of your body, similar to the abilities created by Enhancers, but not nearly as strong, one can use Gyo in their eyes to see things hidden by Nen.

In - A more advanced application of Zetsu, In is used to hide oneself or an object, even abilities, from experienced Nen users, but requires a lot of training before being easiliy useable. However, it doens't require one to close their aura nodes, making it safe for use in combat.

En - The user creates an area of aura around them, the size of this area depends on the power of the user, everything and anything that enters this area is automatically detected by the En user.

Shu - Similar to Gyo, except it's used on objects.

Ryu - The same thing as Gyo, except by using this you can properly adjust how much aura you concentrate on determined areas of your body (EX: 40% on left hand, 30% on right hand, and 30% on the rest of the body)

Ken - A mix between Ten and Gyo, creating a more powerful cloak of aura around the user's body.

Ko - Concentrating 100% of their aura on only one certain part of their body, a Nen-user can strike out with their full potential, but, at the cost of leaving the rest of their body in a state of zetsu, making them completely vulnerable to attacks.

Aaaand... I think that is everything there is to Nen and aura. Took me a loooooong while to type this down...

About Hunter x Hunter's world: The world where Hunter x Hunter happens on is fairly new-age, with cars, cellphones, big cities and etc. but some parts of the world are less modern, as they live in the village kind of lifestyle. each country has its own culture and government, and some places even use the pirate kind-of ship, some places look like feudal japan, and there is "Meteor City", a dumpster the size of a city which actually is a city, people who live there lead very hard lives, and the extremely dangerous group of bandits known as "Genei Ryodan"(Phantom Troupe) hails from there.

I think that's the most of what I know from Hunter x Hunter, there a lot of stuff I forgot/am too lazy to type down here.

Post Merge: November 10, 2015, 12:36:39 AM

Every time I said "Transformation" I actually meant Transmutation, silly me watching the anime with Brazilian subs and not knowing that in the american version it's actually "Transmutation".
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:35:15 PM by Peixeira »
I'm edgy nihilist trash, hello, by the way.

(Holy shit I'm going through my old posts and oh my god was I cringy.)