The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: RP Question  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
RP Question
« on: December 03, 2015, 10:16:41 PM »
Mods, if this isn't the correct place for this, please feel free to move this thread to wherever would be best.

I actually really, really want to participate in the RP scene here at these forums, but so far I have elected not to because of my time constraints. I would love to take part in a story and perhaps even run something, if only to meet new potential friends and to hone my own writing skills. However, I rarely have the time to post anything, let alone anything with sufficient detail for my own tastes.

I guess I am asking where might somebody without a whole lot of time be able to RP on this site? I am guessing Serious RP might be right out, correct? What about Fun RP? I am hoping to get involved in something decently serious, but I want to be mindful of other people since I cannot post as much or as well as I would like to.

Thoughts?
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: RP Question
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 10:46:02 PM »
Actually, if you can't post that often, I would recommend you look into the serious RPs rather than the Fun ones.

Serious RPs generally have longer posts, but they are much slower, sometimes with days between posts, and are more structured. while Fun RPs can have pages and pages in one day. If you join a Fun RP I suspect you will end up being left behind. ((I am able to RP most days, for most of said days on off, and I STILL occasionally feel left behind)).

Also the quality of serious RPs is generally much higher.

What ever happens, just make sure you are honest about your timing difficulties. Nothing sucks more than someone vanishing without warning from an RP for months, and said RP dying because of it.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
Re: RP Question
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 12:01:16 AM »
Actually, if you can't post that often, I would recommend you look into the serious RPs rather than the Fun ones.

Serious RPs generally have longer posts, but they are much slower, sometimes with days between posts, and are more structured. while Fun RPs can have pages and pages in one day. If you join a Fun RP I suspect you will end up being left behind. ((I am able to RP most days, for most of said days on off, and I STILL occasionally feel left behind)).

Also the quality of serious RPs is generally much higher.

What ever happens, just make sure you are honest about your timing difficulties. Nothing sucks more than someone vanishing without warning from an RP for months, and said RP dying because of it.

Thank you for your response. That is actually heartening to hear about the Serious RP board being a better fit for my situation since that is the sort of RP I tend to gravitate towards. I have run several games online on other sites before so I know all too well how some games can up and die. It sadly seems to be all too common when it comes to play by post roleplaying games. Had a lot more time back then, so perhaps this time I might play a bit before I actually go ahead and run a game.
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!