The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Profile Customization! [Tutorials / Ask for help / show off your profile here!]  (Read 27447 times)

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May or may not be a demon
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Grey / White / Blue
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 170
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I think I'm finished here, I may pop up from time to time though
To anyone who want's to change the text colour:
<style>
body, td, th, tr{
color: red; /* red (via naming the color) */
}
.windowbg, #preview_body{
color: rgb(0,255,0); /* green (via RGB settings) */
}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{
color: #0000ff; /* blue (via Hex value) */
}
</style>
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:26:54 AM by Zarconite »
  • Avatar by: Commision by Nimroderick
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Crest Is Dead ((For Now))

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Nice.
    • Awards
  • Species: ...
  • Coloring: ...
  • Height: ...
  • Weight: ...
  • Build: ...
  • Currently: Having a Break
How come whenever I try the background it never works?

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Do you have your ultimate profile enabled?
Are you placing the code into customization?
Are you wrapping the code with <style> and </style>?
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Crest Is Dead ((For Now))

• Dancing Dragon
  • Nice.
    • Awards
  • Species: ...
  • Coloring: ...
  • Height: ...
  • Weight: ...
  • Build: ...
  • Currently: Having a Break
Aye sir.

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
Can you paste everything you've entered into the customization box?
your profile currently doesn't have the ultimate profile layout

Offline Sub-Zero Knight

• Kuddly Kitten
  • Ye olde Meta Knight fanatic.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowy Kiridan
  • Coloring: Thick, fluffy, silver fur; sky blue feet, clouded/pupilless pale blue eyes. Large, white, snowy owl-like wings.
  • Height: 10”
  • Weight: 12 lbs
  • Build: She is literal winged sphere with potato feet. :D
  • Currently: Oh gosh I was a cringey Meta Knight fangirl last I was here. I still am >.>
I tried to change my background, but it just turned it red. Is there a way you can help me out?

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
For some reason music won't play nor show up on my profile. I've tried to put it back in and then it gets rid of something else as if it's limiting me. Any way I can fix that?

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
For some reason music won't play nor show up on my profile. I've tried to put it back in and then it gets rid of something else as if it's limiting me. Any way I can fix that?
Been having the same problem.
wired as right now

Kyuusoku

I FINALLY found a BB Coding site that works for this forum! It's how I do all my centered paragraphs, ETC on here!

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
To the people trying to use the music player, place it into the customization section above everything else - even above <style>
if the music player is inside the <style> tag, it will treat the code as CSS causing it to not work (as it's using HTML)

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Ah alright, thanks!

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
Just updated the first post to a slightly better advanced version
Also, for anyone looking to replace the TFF logo with their own picture, you can use something like this:

---------------------

h1.forumtitle{
    display: none;
}

#top_section{ /* change this to an image that will roughly fit into the top bar, I can help with this if needs be */
background: url(http://i.imgur.com/fgCwqP6.png) no-repeat 0px 5px;
}

---------------------

And if you're looking for something cool to try, here's some code that will allow you to have two backgrounds! left click anywhere on the profile and it will change as long as you have the mouse held down (Remember to delete your current body section):

---------------------

body
{ /* Leave this one as is */
background: url(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Blank_Canvas_on_Transparent_Background.png) no-repeat center center fixed;
}
body:before, body:after {
    content: "";
    position:absolute;
    top:0%;
    right:0%;
    bottom:-1337%;
    left:0%;
    opacity: 1;
    overflow: hidden;
}
body:before { /* this is the image that will be shown if you aren't clicking */
        background: url(http://i.imgur.com/Z7zDiQn.png) no-repeat center center fixed;
        -webkit-background-size: cover;
        -moz-background-size: cover;
        -o-background-size: cover;
        background-size: cover;
    transition: opacity 0.5s;
 Z-index:-1999998;
}

/* If you want to speed up or slow down the animation, change the pink number above to any amount of seconds you like */

body:after { /* this is the image that will be shown if hold left click down anywhere on your profile */
    background: url(http://i.imgur.com/LHXaqkH.png) no-repeat center center fixed;
    -webkit-background-size:cover;
    -moz-background-size:cover;
    -o-background-size:cover;
    background-size:cover;
        Z-index:-1999999;
}

body:active:before { /* Leave this one as is */
    opacity: 0;
}

---------------------

If you want any help with anything profile related, feel free to pm me ^_^
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:19:48 AM by Zarconite »

Offline BlueWolf

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • The Village Idiot-Wol
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Blue Northwestern Wolf
  • Coloring: Thick royal blue fur
  • Height: 5'6
  • Build: Pudgy
  • Currently: Avidly avoiding work...
Some interesting little tidbits in here that I might have to give a try.  I feel this (or something very similar to it) should be stickied at the top of the general board. ^_^
I can easily be reached:
PM me here, contacts to the left OR....
email: [email protected]
kik: tjsieling
IMVU: BlueWolf55

Pet's name: Bunbun

Pet's name: Krios
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
Some new code for you people,

Easy (ish) youtube playlists!
This code looks more scary than it is, just focus on the coloured sections and leave the rest as is:

Spoiler for Hidden:

<div style="width:224px;height:24px;overflow:hidden;display:table-cell;vertical-align:bottom"><object width="265" height="24"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k3aCGU2SC18&amp;modestbranding=1&amp;shuffle=1&amp;fs=0&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1&amp;showinfo=0&amp;iv_load_policy=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;loop=1&amp;list=PLlirgeHmmztqyCG3GpxWIEMRJGf5UhkJp&amp;version=3&amp;autohide=0&amp;theme=dark" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k3aCGU2SC18&amp;modestbranding=1&amp;shuffle=1&amp;fs=0&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1&amp;showsearch=0&amp;showinfo=0&amp;iv_load_policy=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;loop=1&amp;list=PLlirgeHmmztqyCG3GpxWIEMRJGf5UhkJp&amp;version=3&amp;autohide=0&amp;theme=dark" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="222" height="24" /></object></div>

The green parts of the code are just your video link, so you'd just copy the video id and replace it there (this bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pR575Gxuww)

As for the orange parts, find any youtube playlist like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q50OntO-dD4&list=RDEM1R5zqDAOWV9_6J1zVEjzpA - and replace the list part of the code above with the code for your playlist

After that, place the code into the customization section of your ultimate profile and you're good to go! (Just make sure it's at the very bottom below everything)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:40:12 AM by Zarconite »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Some new code for you people,

Easy (ish) youtube playlists!
This code looks more scary than it is, just focus on the coloured sections and leave the rest as is:

Spoiler for Hidden:

<div style="width:224px;height:24px;overflow:hidden;display:table-cell;vertical-align:bottom"><object width="265" height="24"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k3aCGU2SC18&amp;modestbranding=1&amp;shuffle=1&amp;fs=0&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1&amp;showinfo=0&amp;iv_load_policy=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;loop=1&amp;list=PLlirgeHmmztqyCG3GpxWIEMRJGf5UhkJp&amp;version=3&amp;autohide=0&amp;theme=dark" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k3aCGU2SC18&amp;modestbranding=1&amp;shuffle=1&amp;fs=0&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1&amp;showsearch=0&amp;showinfo=0&amp;iv_load_policy=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;loop=1&amp;list=PLlirgeHmmztqyCG3GpxWIEMRJGf5UhkJp&amp;version=3&amp;autohide=0&amp;theme=dark" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="222" height="24" /></object></div>

The green parts of the code are just your video link, so you'd just copy the video id and replace it there (this bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pR575Gxuww)

As for the orange parts, find any youtube playlist like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q50OntO-dD4&list=RDEM1R5zqDAOWV9_6J1zVEjzpA - and replace the list part of the code above with the code for your playlist

After that, place the code into the customization section of your ultimate profile and you're good to go! (Just make sure it's at the very bottom below everything)

Thank you, Zarc, I owe you one! :D

You can also place it in the "My Media" section.