The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Yuor a Gnuies!  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
Yuor a Gnuies!
« on: October 21, 2007, 05:30:25 AM »
Did you konw you’re a guiens? Jsut the fcat taht you can atllacuy raed tihs psot porves taht fcat. The huamn mnid is so pufowerl it can dcodee tihs txet eevn tguohh eervy sglnie wrod is slepled iocenrtclry. The one cavaet is taht the frist and lsat lertets are pervresed in erevy wrod. Cidrgbame Uitesirnvy cetoudncd a sduty and fnuod taht the biarn deos not raed eevry snlige lteetr, but wodrs as a wohle.

Who siad sleilpng was ipomtnrat?

After doing a bit of research I found that the Cambridge study wasn’t totally accurate. There are many factors that allow you to be able to read the above paragraph. 27 of 74 words above have not been scrambled because they are 1, 2, or 3 letter words. This helps to maintain the grammatical structure of the sentence. 20 of the 74 words are four letter which means that only two letters have been transposed. Its very simple for a person to decode a 4 letter words. Basically this means that 63% of this sentence is not even scrambled. 15 of the words are 5-6 letters long which are only moderately difficult to decode. This leaves 20% of the words in the above paragraph which are difficult to unscramble. Also when words are in context they’re much easier to figure out what word goes there based on the letters available.

There are several words that have permutations that are much more difficult to decode. For instance if you group all the consonants together and leaving the vowels grouped together makes it much more difficult. I have to admit it’s pretty impressive that you can read scrambled letters even if only 20% of the words are hard to decode but not quite as impressive as I first thought. If you’re interested in scrambling up your own words visit the Word Scrambler.

http://www.notsoboringlife.com/ramblings/mixed-up-words/

***Use link at own discretion***
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 06:10:49 AM by ephemral »

ephemral

Re: Yuor a Gnuies!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 06:08:37 AM »
Wihle rnadeig at fisrt I olny thhogut taht you wree terhtien to feeoturn yraes of age. :P

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 07:05:41 AM »
Um.... -_-;;;... that actually looks like the way that some of my "older" family members would type.

Offline Pibi

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Antropomorph
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 01:46:17 PM »
Huh... 0_o
Tihs rdmines me semo prargom on Dicsevory chennal ^^
Wow, it sounds like Latin ;D

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 07:10:13 PM »
I actually learned this in sixth grade.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 12:00:47 AM »
I was browsing and found that...thought it'd be fun to post...to see how many people can actually read it. plus you can make your own there's an automatic word scrambler on the site...

This still boggles my mind...even though i've read it many times I can almost read it perfectly except for a few words....but that's amazing how the brain work's isn't it?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 09:15:54 PM »
For a few seconds I thought "pervresed" was "perversed" instead of "preserved."

And sure, it's possible to decode spelling like that, but who in their right mind would enjoy making their mind work harder just to understand a single sentence?

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Pibi

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Antropomorph
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:09:54 PM »
Agree... for me it's even harder cause it's not my mother tongue ^^
Heheh, a lot of speculations  :ded:

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »
Ta frtis hits hgtin ofescndu ym rfuyr mnid i saw lbea ot raed ti lcraely ti tusj ahtta i venre heva eens ahitngny elki sith feoebr. Ti si ycluaalt yaller oolc.

At first this thing confused my furry mind i was able to read it clearly it just thaat i never have seen anything like this before. It is actually really cool.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 03:56:25 PM »
But you've gotta remember...in order to get it... the first and last letters of the words MUST remain in the same spot...the other letter? Can be where ever the hell they feel like it...

example~ epmaxle

example- xaelpem   <---this is more of a word jumble

Just so you know :P

ephemral

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »
thaat
plus typos don't help either.  :snicker:

Offline KatTheCatCalledTasha

• Eager Elephant
  • <insert slogan here>
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: White muzzle, grey all over rest of face, stomach area white, grey everywhere else, black ears pink inside, grey tail with white on end
  • Height: 5 feet (tip of nose to tip of tail)
  • Weight: 70 pounds
  • Build: Slim, slender
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »
I thought as much...I can't decode some of the words - or you could decode them incorrectly. I couldn't actually read one of the words in that....
"We have no choice of what colour we're born or who our parents are or whether we're rich or poor. What we do have is some choice over what we make of our lives once we're here."
-Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry