The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: *Standard English introduction*  (Read 534 times)

Offline Fauxtrot

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Genuine workaholic, at your service.
  • Currently: UCI undergrad on summer break! ^^
*Standard English introduction*
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:29:02 AM »
Hello, fellow furs, my (user)name is Fauxtrot. I made this account so I could start socializing with you guys; just looking at pictures and reading short stories starts to make you feel like you've only scratched the surface of the fandom. I think I started considering myself "furry" roughly six to ten months ago, but I never gained the bravado to try and meet any other furs (you guys sure are weird, but it's a weird I'm starting to like a lot). And, well, with college coming in a month, I think it's high time I start introducing myself. (I wanted to do this in the FurAffinity forums since I already have an account on FA, but things aren't looking all that great over there right now so I think it would be best to try my luck here. You guys seem to be very welcoming from what I've seen!)

Now, let's see... oh, my favorite color is purple, my favorite artist is Sarah "Chu" Wilson, and I make a great bowl of ramen given the right spices. I am also happy to say that I am not a judgmental person, period. Never would I want to pick on someone else's personal preferences, because we're all on our own paths and it's usually best to let things be; at the end of the day, you probably don't want to catch yourself brewing an emotional storm over someone you've never met. That's like barking at the void just because it's too empty.

So, what do I do exactly? Well, I have a ton of interests, some of which I'd like to think I've gotten pretty good at; art, writing, video editing, etc. But, what I'm going to college for is game programming, something that I thought would have a better economic foothold for my future than my other hobbies. I've made very mediocre, old, unprofessional games before with smaller software like Game Maker, but I'm currently using as much free time as possible to develop a game in Unity 5: a survival "horror" game parody that uses the furniture in a house as "spooky demons"; just a statement on the state of affairs a lot of survival horror games are in right now, I'll be jesting at things like unwarranted, cheap jumpscares and whatnot. I'm working on it myself, down to the modeling (which I painstakingly had to learn to avoid buying assets). It's just a side project that I'm trying to wrap up before I start college.

As a furry, my fascination with the fandom has always been in the creativity and community. Anthropomorphic animals are just inherently characteristic and interesting, at least to me they are (and I'm sure a lot of you would agree). Along with that, the fandom has been incredibly expressive, telling countless stories and creating meet-ups with everyone else, it's just awesome. But, I've never gotten around to meeting everyone because I've always been wrapped up in a bunch of other things... which I decided should change today. Gotta love that good ol' workaholic mentality for getting in the way. Speaking of which, I should be getting some rest so I can dive back into workin' tomorrow. California wishes you a good night, and I look forward to actively participating in a forum for the first time!
"The only thing that stops us from doing the really cool things is time." Monty Oum, 1981 - 2015

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
Re: *Standard English introduction*
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 06:32:41 AM »
Welcome to the forums! I'm Alistair. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

So far I'm the only pink saber in existence. I'm sure you will meet many friendly people here!
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Aldebar

• Avid Aardvark
  • Shag Carpet
    • DeviantArt
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: Bovine (Yak/Bison)
  • Coloring: Blacks, dark browns, white outline around ice blue eyes.
  • Height: 7'6"
  • Build: Stocky, a bit thick
  • Currently: Staying strong.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 07:25:12 AM »
It's always nice to see other aspiring game developers around, or at least that would be my ideal career with my computer science major. I only have one programming class this semester since I'm taking generals to fulfill the rest of the requirements for my two-year degree, and I'm hoping it'll kind of kick me into gear there because I foolishly don't do any programming in my spare time. Very silly, I know.

You've involved yourself in the furry community for similar reasons I have, it seems: The characters and the creativity. Every furry at the very least understands the concept of having and using characters, and it's admirable how inspired people are by them and all of the artwork and writing they produce. Remembering how inspired I felt by my characters when I was involved years ago is part of why I'm trying to get back into the community.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
Greetings and welcome! You will find that there is a group of programmers that reside on this board so I would think you will integrate well. In any event, I hope you find the forum an enjoyable one!
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline Fauxtrot

• Avid Aardvark
  • Genuine workaholic, at your service.
  • Currently: UCI undergrad on summer break! ^^
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »
Thank you guys a lot! I have been having a great time here.
"The only thing that stops us from doing the really cool things is time." Monty Oum, 1981 - 2015

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 03:04:30 AM »
Hi there and welcome to this the furry forums. Im kalan the wolf/elf fox at heart. You can find me anywhere silly and random are happening. Any questions lemme know.
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)