The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Art critique on my latest drawing plz  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Amethyst star

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I like cute and girly things
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: My main fursona is a bat and my other fursona is a Bunny and lion hybrid
  • Coloring: Main fursona has gray,white,magenta,neon blue the other has white,purple,light blue,and light purple
  • Height: 5'5aprox.
  • Weight: 105
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: In a good mood,I feel like doing anything right now!
Art critique on my latest drawing plz
« on: June 28, 2015, 12:31:47 AM »
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16949304/   Any constructive criticism,opinions etc?
Looking for other  furries to befriend :) Also I make cute art and I obviously love anything cute so if you have any cute pics then send them!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: Art critique on my latest drawing plz
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 02:37:50 AM »
Reminds me of that place from F-Zero.

Offline RiverTheKitty

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Take me as I am, or get the hell out.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pink marbled fur, with black hair
  • Height: 6'2''
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lean and Slim, but muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Putting off studying for AP Human Geo :D
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 04:12:01 AM »
Ah, wonderful job! I love the way you colored it! Hehe, take your talent in traditional coloring with pride; a lot of digital artists like me can't color with pencil worth shit xD
If you are an furry,  it means that you can see a special kind of beauty in life - special because most people CAN'T see it through their delicate little first impressions and social conditioning. There is beauty in EVERY image, no matter what the subject matter, because beauty comes from artistic intent and integrity.

Offline Amethyst star

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: My main fursona is a bat and my other fursona is a Bunny and lion hybrid
  • Coloring: Main fursona has gray,white,magenta,neon blue the other has white,purple,light blue,and light purple
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:09:02 AM »
Ah, wonderful job! I love the way you colored it! Hehe, take your talent in traditional coloring with pride; a lot of digital artists like me can't color with pencil worth shit xD
Thx and tbh I actually have a hard time balancing colors and making them look good since I have limited set of colors,plus take in to fact that I'm still kinda a noob and coloring thins well but it's nice to hear that and I strive to get better! (Since my art quality is pretty unbalance lol)
Looking for other  furries to befriend :) Also I make cute art and I obviously love anything cute so if you have any cute pics then send them!

Offline RiverTheKitty

• Avid Aardvark
  • Take me as I am, or get the hell out.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pink marbled fur, with black hair
  • Height: 6'2''
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lean and Slim, but muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Putting off studying for AP Human Geo :D
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 04:38:04 AM »
Thx and tbh I actually have a hard time balancing colors and making them look good since I have limited set of colors,plus take in to fact that I'm still kinda a noob and coloring thins well but it's nice to hear that and I strive to get better! (Since my art quality is pretty unbalance lol)
Good! Always strive to get better, mrow! :3
If you are an furry,  it means that you can see a special kind of beauty in life - special because most people CAN'T see it through their delicate little first impressions and social conditioning. There is beauty in EVERY image, no matter what the subject matter, because beauty comes from artistic intent and integrity.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 07:50:53 AM »
Work on drawing hands, faces and hair.

Otherwise I like it :)
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Dr.Vice Jameson

• Avid Aardvark
  • "Eventually you stop giving a **censor**"
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Dark grey fur, white underparts, purple streaks on shoulders going down back and around "mask"
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 185lbs
  • Build: slender
  • Currently: Trying to help
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 05:40:28 AM »
I like it. The color palette, light powers, and magic crystal reminds me of Steven universe(good show). I would buy that(if I wasn't broke). I like your style.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:43:38 AM by Dr.Richard Johnson PhD »
  • Signature art by: The FDF

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

It's lonely out in space"
                          - Elton John

Offline Amethyst star

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 01:27:03 PM »
I like it. The color palette, light powers, and magic crystal reminds me of Steven universe(good show). I would buy that(if I wasn't broke). I like your style.

Omg thank you it really feels good to be compared to one of my favorite cartoons! But actually I do have to clarify the gem that's on her chest is only resting there it's not a part of her,it's actually the gem that's in te necklace she usually wears! :P  Also I'm glad to hear you like my latest artstyle I've actually worked hard to improve in the past year or so. Oh and I wouldn't worry my commission prices are actually really low. ^^" (15$ is my highest priced commission which the example I gave for that one is this drawing so you'd be getting something equally as good if not better) I do have some cheaper commissions aswell. 030