The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: To Page 9000  (Read 191831 times)

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
Re: To Page 9000
« Reply #32775 on: April 21, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »
One other thing I could do is unplugging the power cord during streams and see how long the laptop lasts streaming. You'd be surprised by how much difference that makes.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #32776 on: April 21, 2019, 11:05:12 AM »
Does it heat up less?
There are system settings to limit the maximum performance of the CPU. Easiest thing are the power plans in Windows. And there you can tweak the details for plugged and unplugged.
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32777 on: April 21, 2019, 11:07:00 AM »
It helps a LOT. Having the battery charging increases the laptop's core temperature by 10 degrees easily, especially when playing more demanding games.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #32778 on: April 21, 2019, 11:08:28 AM »
I think it's not battery charging either way.
If you want to test if it's battery or performance you can take out the battery completely and just run on outside power.
Worth a try

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32779 on: April 21, 2019, 12:28:33 PM »
I've checked. Charging the battery does make a difference. But yes, taking out the battery just for the stream is another thing I should try. That'll help a lot.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #32780 on: April 21, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
Fair. Definitely try then.
If you're stationary there's no point in having the battery in.
Mine got wrecked after 3 years of being left in while I don't use it much.
It used to last a couple hours, now it's like 5 minutes

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32781 on: April 21, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »
Yeah, let it run empty every now and then if you're gonna leave it in.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #32782 on: April 21, 2019, 01:07:23 PM »
Definitely. But I think it's mostly about it being constantly connected, not because it's not discharged.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32783 on: April 21, 2019, 03:44:37 PM »
That's correct. Batteries keep their life if they're full and you take 'em out.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #32784 on: April 21, 2019, 04:15:56 PM »
Yeah. And they definitely do not if you just leave them in and leave them connected almost 24/7

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32785 on: April 21, 2019, 04:30:48 PM »
That is not recommended.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #32786 on: April 22, 2019, 11:10:59 AM »
Yeah. I did an oopsie

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32787 on: April 22, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »
That you did.

You could also try to let your computer burn energy faster than it can recharge, then the battery will drain too.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #32788 on: April 22, 2019, 01:02:31 PM »
That didn't work. I have a charger that has pretty high power, because I have a strong graphics card and processor.

Also I'd have to stop playing too often

It's best to just unplug it. There's just a small button to pop it out.
I'll do that when I get a new battery

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32789 on: April 22, 2019, 01:18:07 PM »
Yeah, doing that is also not recommended, btw. I'm not sure what effects would be of putting such a strain on the CPU and GPU for that long.