The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Jumping Back Into Role-Play ~ (Open to All)  (Read 2424 times)

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • *looks up from doodling* Hmm? Sorry, what'dja say?
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: Red-orange, white, black. Depending on if things get mystical, she has an alternate white, grey, black look.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 125
  • Build: Slim, toned. She's quite hip-ish but is embarrassed of her natural softness.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: forever loving me some Uta. Dat ghoul tho.
Re: Jumping Back Into Role-Play ~ (Open to All)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 04:10:58 AM »
Daxyn stepped over a fallen barstool, glad for the light that filtered through the boarded up windows.  She made her way past what was once a bar, and into the pool hall. "So I'm assuming this is for a project," Sean began. "What're you working on?"

"You assume correctly." Daxyn answered, stopping in front of a table which had been covered by a drop cloth. The cloth was swiftly removed, revealing a green felt liner that had suffered very little damage. "As for the project... My professor is basically an evil sadist, and has demanded that we students work in whatever style we're the worst at." Daxyn explained while she retrieved the triangle and started setting up a game of eight ball.

"For me, that means surrealism." Daxyn reached under the pool table and retrieved two cues, offering one to Sean. "So prepare to get exaggerated, friend. Also, you break." She grinned at Sean, watching as the smoke curled around his features. 'Kinda gives him a James Dean vibe...
You know the creepy house from Salem's Lot? That would be the perfect setting for the Haunted House in "Anna Dressed in Blood." <3

My kik: tacticalCorsair

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Cross-Fox
  • Coloring: A deep orange color with the traditional black mask and flecks of white found in most cross-foxes
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 153 lbs.
  • Build: Medium build, slightly toned. Sean's not really bulky, but he's got some muscle put on him.
  • Currently: Depressed and yet moderately aroused
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 08:54:45 PM »
Dax pulled the cloth away from the table and it flapped its way to the ground rather slowly. "As for the project... My professor is basically an evil sadist, and has demanded that we students work in whatever style we're the worst at." She set the triangle and its contained balls onto the table with a loud crack. Sean recoiled a bit. "For me, that means surrealism." Dax passed him a cue and he took it lightly in his paw. "So prepare to get exaggerated, friend. Also, you break."

Sean pulled the cigarette from his lips and exhaled another little cloud, "Don't mind if I do." He looked around and grabbed a broken plate that lay on the floor and laid his cigarette on it, the lit side down. He leaned forward with cue in hand and lined up an angled shot. He thrust the cue through the two fingers used to steady it, and another crack sounded as the cue propelled the balls in every direction across the green felt field. He pocketed the One and Three, and huffed, sticking the cigarette back in his mouth. He straightened and ruffled his hair a bit. 'God, I haven't done this in a while.' He turned to Dax, "What medium do you plan to use?"

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Red-orange, white, black. Depending on if things get mystical, she has an alternate white, grey, black look.
  • Build: Slim, toned. She's quite hip-ish but is embarrassed of her natural softness.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 10:50:46 PM »
Daxyn watched intently as Sean took up his position to break. The posture was well aligned, but he still Had that look of being relaxed. 'That'll be the most difficult thing for me to capture...' Daxyn thought, wondering wether Sean was actually at ease, or just very good at putting on airs.

Sean made the three and one, so Daxyn had stripes. "What medium do you plan to use?" He asked around his cigarette. The faint aroma reminded Daxyn a little of her mom.

She pulled her bag strap over her head and set it down in a neighboring table along with her cue stick. "Probably water color. They'll set the right mood in the kind of piece I'm picturing. I'll need that if I'm doing surrealism." Daxyn pulled one of several sketch books out of her bag, flipping it to a blank page and settling in for the first few pencil strokes while Sean took his next turn.
You know the creepy house from Salem's Lot? That would be the perfect setting for the Haunted House in "Anna Dressed in Blood." <3

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A deep orange color with the traditional black mask and flecks of white found in most cross-foxes
  • Build: Medium build, slightly toned. Sean's not really bulky, but he's got some muscle put on him.
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 01:00:14 AM »
Sean heard Dax's pencil gliding across her sketchbook as he lined up his next shot. 'One...two...three.' The cue shot out again, the cue ball struck and collided with the Six which in turn collided with the Five, pocketing the latter of the two. Sean altered his position slightly to prepare for his third shot. He plucked his smoke from the makeshift ashtray and took a puff, "Watercolor, huh?" He scooped up a stool similar to Dax's and plopped down in it, "That's a very light medium, I've always found it powerfully soothing. I appreciate that quality in art."

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 03:38:28 AM »
The first sketch was coming together well. A faintly fleshed out figure, one hand holding a smoke to its mouth, the other wrapped lazily around a cue. She drew the head tilted in a manner conveying inquisitiveness. "Watercolor, huh?" Daxyn glanced over to Sean as he sat on a barstool, enjoying his smoke. She flipped quickly to a fresh page and started sketching anew. "That's a very light medium, I've always found it powerfully soothing. I appreciate that quality in art."

Daxyn nodded, her eyes flitting to her subject every so often before landing back on the page. "I suppose it can be. I think I find it more moody than anything. Depending on how you later it, they're very mercurial." She smiled to herself. "And really easy to screw up."

The kitsune reached into her bag and withdrew a kneaded eraser. As she pinched the corner into a point, she asked, "You mentioned you used to draw?" It would help her convey Sean in a painting if she knew more about him, but she also found him a bit fascinating.

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 01:30:06 AM »
(Sorry for my absence, I just graduated last Friday and I've been kinda busy since.  >.> )

"You mentioned you used to draw?" Dax asked him.

Sean shifted a bit then ran a paw through his hair. He sighed, "I was an artist at an advertising firm for a few years." He took another shot, "Until about six months ago, at least. I was fired," he cleared his throat as he watched the remaining balls clatter across the felt. "And my severance stopped today." He took another puff of his cigarette and reclined onto his stool. "I've been a bit out of sorts about the whole ordeal, I used to working, and being this long without a job's got me a bit restless."

Offline sketchyVagrant

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 05:52:45 PM »
Daxyn glanced up from her third sketch. This one was of Sean sizing up a shot, but it was drawn from the far end of the table, giving the effect that the viewer was on the receiving end of Sean's calculating gaze. "My severance stopped today." Although Sean reclined back, Daxyn got the feeling he was anything but calm.

"...being this long without a job's got me a bit restless." Sean finished. Daxyn frowned.

'Yeah, I'd say his situation might call for a little tension.' She flipped to another page, quickly starting a skeleton of Sean reclining on the barstool. "I'm sorry to hear it. That really sucks..." As she fleshed out the form, she emphasized stress in the rigidity of his posture, and exaggerated the tendons in his neck and wrist.

Without looking up, she suggested, "Hey, maybe I could talk to the guy in career services at the campus."  The features in the sketch were left intentionally lax. The overall effect was something like a body guard or a bouncer on the job, but one who was trying to play it cool.

"I mean, you aren't a student, but he's pretty cool. I'm sure he'd be willing to at least try to help you out." Daxyn sighed and set down her sketch book, giving herself a minute to rest her hand.

Offline Atelier

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eyebrow Magician
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 01:27:21 AM »
Sean cocked his head to the left at Dax's proposition, "Really? I mean, I'll take pretty much anything at this point." He didn't really notice it, but his tail began to sway a bit with a sense of eagerness. He noticed she had stopped drawing, "Need to take a break?"