The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Words don't hurt"  (Read 637 times)

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
  • Reference: [link]
"Words don't hurt"
« on: May 06, 2015, 04:16:35 AM »
Lately I've been thinking and I've realized something. Peoples words themselves don't hurt me, its just that I'll see a group of people hanging out and having a good time, and I'll think "huh, friends. I want that. " then I start to feel kinda lonely. But then when someone says something like "loser" to me, I start to remember how much I envy people who have friends. And thats what hurts. Their words remind me how about that sad thought. But at the same time I feel like that's the same thing as their words hurting me.

Now all the run-on sentences aside, what is you guys opinion on all this?
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
Re: "Words don't hurt"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:29:52 AM »
Lately I've been thinking and I've realized something. Peoples words themselves don't hurt me, its just that I'll see a group of people hanging out and having a good time, and I'll think "huh, friends. I want that. " then I start to feel kinda lonely. But then when someone says something like "loser" to me, I start to remember how much I envy people who have friends. And thats what hurts. Their words remind me how about that sad thought. But at the same time I feel like that's the same thing as their words hurting me.

Now all the run-on sentences aside, what is you guys opinion on all this?

I know exactly how you feel. I was in the same spot for nearly 4 or 5 years, until graduating to highschool. The problem was that the same people just kept recycling the same rumors and general crap about me over and over, until the unfounded hate had gotten to everyone and people all thought the same of me. The only way to break the cycle is either to be outgoing, or to find a way to reset everyone's perception of you, both of which are notoriously difficult for many people.

Talk to someone, perhaps the people you haven't interacted with before. You never know who you might meet, and what might come from it.
Eventually, word spreads from that one person to their friends about who you really are as a person, and then to their friends' friends, and so on.
It won't always work the first time, or the second. Evenutally, however, it will work.
Soon enough, you won't be as lonely. You just need to look for the proper opportunity to take the first step.

Best of luck.
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »
Nothing you see is what it seems. Bad people don't make good friends and their group of friends suck anyway.

It only takes one person who shares a similar interests or takes interest in something you also enjoy to show you that anything is possible. Talk to people, do something nice for someone in need, treat people like you would like to be treated. Eventually, your character will make an impression on others. Surround yourself with people who want to better themselves and want to include you in doing the same.

If you see something you want out of life, go get it. It wont be handed to you or come out of the blue. You can't live life wanting something and complaining about not having it if you don't try and try until it's yours. If it's friends, go out and find them. Be proactive about engaging in clubs, sports, community projects, or anything that gets people together to work toward a collective goal or experience. If it fails, try again, and again and again.

Go to the gym, work out, eat healthy, study, and go out to find like-minded individuals like yourself. If you always work on bettering yourself, people will start to engage you on how they can too. It's easy social science.

Elliot Hulse can elaborate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUcbFsdxSI
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:45:12 PM by Spike_ »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:43:58 PM »
Nothing you see is what it seems. Bad people don't make good friends and their group of friends suck anyway.

As someone who makes freinds easily, I can confirm this. The small, tightnit group of so called 'Weirdos' are better friends than all the 'normal' people I am friends with combined.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:45:48 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 08:17:55 PM »
I'm kinda "in" with 2 groups of people but I don't feel like either of them consider me to much of a friend.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 01:45:51 AM »
I don't really have anyone like that besides my mate. I'm usually to scared to try and make friends.

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 12:34:11 AM »
Spend more time on the forums. Seriously awesome people around, worth talking to and the such. Also, the only thing truly preventing you from making friends is yourself. Your fears and contribute, but if you truly want to make friends, you have to take that risk. That being said, on the furry forums, I hardly ever find myself in a genuine pickle with another person that doesn't get sorted out either immediately or in a few short hours.

If you want a friend, I'll glad fill the spot though. It's pretty much all I'm good for. If I wasn't a good friend, I would be pretty much worthless. Add me on skype, but just note, I live in Perth, Australia, so our time differences might be fairly different. I've also got school which can take up a lot of my day, so I'm not always around. But I'll try to be as much as I can.
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia