The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why Do I Do What I do?  (Read 619 times)

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Why Do I Do What I do?
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:50:36 PM »
That’s a quite good question. I don’t do any of my homework, don’t pay ANY attention in class, and I often just say outright “Screw it.” Even though I know, am one hundred percent sure that It would be a thousand times better if I just buckled in and did the work that I’m supposed to. But I don’t. And really, I just forget about it, until it comes to a head (as in, getting grounded, getting yelled at, etc) so really, I’m hiding behind these things. And I know I shouldn’t. I’m %100 sure I shouldn’t. but I do. I KNOW I shouldn’t. and that, really, is the one thing I hate about myself. How **censor** lazy I can be.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
Re: Why Do I Do What I do?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:57:49 PM »
Probably because school is largely pointless and I know lots of millionaires who are highschool drop-outs.
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »
Well... To be honest Teiko. You shouldn't drop out of school, and should keep with it. Push yourself. Lots of the worlds millionaires are high-school drop outs, but that doesn't mean lots of the worlds high-school drop outs are millionaires :)
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »
I think about when I was in school and I think "damn I wish I'd worked harder"
The benefits are always invisible until you realise them.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 05:48:45 PM »
Well... To be honest Teiko. You shouldn't drop out of school, and should keep with it. Push yourself. Lots of the worlds millionaires are high-school drop outs, but that doesn't mean lots of the worlds high-school drop outs are millionaires :)

Well i mean i cant drop out... I need a degree for my career haha but i'm just saying that it works for other people... You know, who have talent. Unlike Teiko  XD
  • Signature art by: Teiko

LegitlyLeo

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 11:12:52 PM »
Honestly im the same with my schoolwork, but if it really kills you to do it, you should just work hard as in other things that you may actually enjoy. For example some youtubers love playing games before youtube and that's all they did, they avoided all sorts of stuff! But they found out how to make money from what they love doing like when they discovered youtube and worked hard to make enjoyable videos and became partners with youtube.
You don't need school to be successful, just work hard to achieve your goals. School helps if you want to pursue a career that needs skills like math, science, language arts, etc.

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Self proclaimed AK god for the next hour or so.
    • Awards
  • Species: SeaWolf
  • Coloring: Gray with white skull
  • Height: 5'11/180cm
  • Weight: Wouldn't you like to know?
  • Currently: Holy applesauce I still exist here.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 02:28:56 AM »
I'm a world class bullsh!tter, and procrastinator. I have difficulty too, but what I find works is just gritting your teeth and doing it. It sucks like FU&K, but you gotta know what you want. Sacrifice your laziness for a future. I STILL suck at it, but I'm doing well enough. Maybe try that? Write it on tyour hand if you have to. Write, "I WILL FU&KING DO THIS FOR THE BETTER." It sucks. It does. But as my father says, "life's a big sh!t sandwich, and we all gotta take a bite," and "you only eat an elephant one bite at a time."
  • Avatar by: Not me, that's for sure.
In the depths lies the thing that should not be.

Offline Jane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Magenta Fur with raspberry colored hair /deeper shade of magenta
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Currently: glad i got work done.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 05:05:27 PM »
Maybe its boring to you, to put it bluntly. Sometimes I have the same issue but I end up trying to do as much as I can . school can be pretty boring at times. I'd just try to do your best. It will benefit you later
I DO NOT take trades or do requests, sorry.

Offline Kai

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine
  • Height: 5'10 when standing.
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
  • Currently: Tired and sociable.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 04:08:21 AM »
It's been a while since this topic was active BUT...

I dropped out of school when I was 15. I said I'd do my own homeschooling, but I had no intention of carrying out that plan and pretty much sat on my ass for a month or two until one day, with a little more liquor in my system than I should have had, I sat my ass down and wrote a 23 page essay on quantum entanglement. It took me a day and part of a night. By the end of the essay I was sober, and if you read it you can actually see that transition, which I find funny.
I was a weird kid, to say the least.
Long story short, I submitted that total POS, $200, and an application to CU Boulder. I got in, on their condition that I pass the ACTs first. I barely passed with an 18, most of that score coming from the Science Reasoning and Math sections.
(The takeaway here being that I learned next-to-nothing in school aside from what I'd taught myself.)

I did the whole thing on a whim, I'm now in my Senior year, (studying Computer Science, actually, not Physics,) and every time I think about it I'm very, very surprised that my life didn't totally crash and burn when I dropped out.

My point, ironically, is that what happened to me was a miracle.
People say, "I know plenty of people who are millionaires and dropped out of high school!", but those millionaires are a vast, vast minority.

This isn't to say "stay in traditional schooling, tough it out, life sucks and then you die." That isn't true either.
Look into homeschooling, look into online alternatives, split your classes up, (take 3-4 on campus and the rest online.) find what works for you, despite the system. There's more options than they let on.