The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst Work-Related Experience?  (Read 609 times)

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
Worst Work-Related Experience?
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »
Mine happened a couple months ago during my first couple days active; after pushing back a plane and releasing it to takeoff, I realized I forgot to shut a panel on the nose (that would have gotten my entire crew fired if it left the ground like that), so I run back out onto the taxiway waving an "X" with my nightwands (It was around midnight), chasing a 737 going full-taxi, and get in front of it running as fast as I can praying that they will see me and not suck me into an engine. Plane stops, the pilots are poking their heads out of the  cockpit ranting at us, and we close the panel and send them off. A Safety happened to watch the entire ordeal and we all got written up and had to write a statement haha. Definitely an "OH SH*T" moment  XD

So that's what inspired my question  :P What traumatic experiences have you had at your job? 
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline VonnRoux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I'm not sorry...
  • Species: Fruit Bat/ Vampire Bat
  • Coloring: medium length brown fur with gray/white stripes. black short fur on tummy and paws. dark brown/black tufts of fur around neck,paws and wings. changing hair
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 90 pounds
  • Build: Hourglass figure
  • Currently: Driving the party bus to hell
Re: Worst Work-Related Experience?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:08:02 PM »
I once had a fat kid threaten to kill me due to the refund on His game was 5 $.... Then Hus even bigger father came in and got in my face yelling and screaming. His kid was yelling and screaming. Then my manager walked in stepped in front of me. Told them off. And they left with there game. Luckily my manager is understanding and said it wasn't my fault. It's just me doing my job. Later he took me to lunch. <3 gotta love working at GameStop. <3

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Worst Work-Related Experience?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »
I had a full time position as a Digital Media Marketing Intern at a business IT consulting firm. I was the only one under 40 without a Masters or BBA and I wasn't being paid for my work, yet I was demanded to work just as diligently and without any guidance. My boss was an ass but he was nice enough to take us to lunch sometimes.

I was responsible for the re-branding of the company and designing/managing their website after the previous intern was fired for being too incompetent. I did my best and made my boss happy, but it was the the expense of my sanity and social life. I worked from the moment I woke up, to when I went to sleep. My work always had to come home with me because there were not enough hours in the day to complete it all at the office. I started getting panic attacks at home from reading my boss's emails.

I became an alcoholic at work, using my lunch breaks to down 3 pints at the bar across the street on a daily basis so I could make it through the day without having any mental breakdowns. I didn't feel like I was learning anything new, only that I was being used a free labour. After 8 months, I finally quit under the pressure. I hated working there and dreaded having to go back everyday.

It helped me realize I don't belong in an environment like that, now I'm looking into trade schools for plumbing. Office life can suck it.