The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: DMC I: The Hunt for Marauder One  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
DMC I: The Hunt for Marauder One
« on: April 03, 2015, 11:53:07 PM »
(This is my first RP on this site, so try not to judge too harshly.)

Dragon'taan Marauder Corps PR-TRANSMISSION 44877I-09
 Encryption Code: Red
 Public Key: file /sierra-one-four-three/
 To: >>All available Parties
 Subject: Emergency Situation
 Classification: Restricted
 /start file/
     An emergency situation has arisen. Two weeks ago, In Universe 02-Gamma, a 'verse controlled by General Zaarin and his Galactic Empire, an Imperial Embassy on Anaxes was attacked. The facility was utterly destroyed, and since then, we have received numerous reports of similar attacks leaving no witnesses or survivors.  Today, General Dimitrius Zaarin approached DMC space and accused the Dragon'taan Marauder Corps of these attacks on Imperial and imperial civilian interests. We have three months to prove him wrong.
     We have one lead, which scares us to the core - one of our operatives, code-name Marauder One, was in the vicinity of these attacks. If Marauder One is responsible, you are ordered to bring him in for questioning. If he is not, you are ordered to assist him in finding the real culprit behind these attacks. Full payment is offered for a successful resolution to this crisis to those asking for it. Anyone willing to help will be ferried to Dragon'taan for a full briefing by General Indari himself.
     Good luck... godspeed.
/end file/

SuggestedCharacter sheet:
///Name\\\

Call-sign (if any):

Race:

Armor/attire:

Weapons loadout:

Description/ (short) Bio:

(This will be my character for this op:)

///Travis Drake\\\

Call-sign: Havoc

Race: Tiger/Dragon-shifter

Armor/Attire: Camouflage clothes under Modified Advanced Dragonskin Tactical Combat Armor; Mods include flexible underlay for mobility, linked-and-suspended high-tensile-strength ceramic discs (primary protection), high-strength ablative plating overlay (secondary protection), and integrated Anti-Kadgeron Personal Energy Shield (tertiary protection).

Weapons Loadout: Dragon Arms M37 Dual Purpose Assault Rifle (will post pic later if desired), dual Lightsabers.

Description/Bio:
A Dragon-shifter Tiger with a severe case of Amnesia, Travis travels on his ship, the Reman Light Warbird Incognito searching for the memories he lost. With the training of an elite operative, powers of a very skilled Dragon-shifter, and no memory of who trained him in either, Travis stands ready to assist in any situation, as long as he feels he can regain memories along the way. It is largely unknown what calls him here...

(Anyone interested?)
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: DMC I: The Hunt for Marauder One
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 07:23:45 PM »
Yes, anyone... so long as they can defend themselves if they get into a firefight. A sharp eye for details or medical background in a character would most definitely be welcome, but anyone willing to help the DMC in this crisis would be useful.

EDIT: Rules, before I forget them again.

1.) We are in this together. Be kind and courteous to the other players.

2.) No Godmodding. This is self-explanatory.

3.) No more than 12 posts per day. While I don't expect the activity to exceed that much, the rule stands.

Other rules will be posted as the situation develops, though I am hoping not to post any more.

Other details:

A.) Don't worry about transport from one area to the next; I'll handle that.

B.) Pay attention: Every now and then, I will drop subtle clues as to what lies ahead. Keep your eyes open for these.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:26:18 PM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 08:13:27 PM »
Very well. If you think of any characters you want to bring in with yours, don't hesitate to do so - but try not to bring too many.

I can do this with just one other, but just to check, will there be any others joining us? Otherwise, I'll start this up tomorrow morning, roughly 10-11 AM My time (Central time).

Anyone willing to join, this is the thread to sign up in. See you on Dragon'taan.

--RF

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 08:32:41 PM »
No worries. I'll still post it, you can post when you're ready or available. I can wait.

Just for clarity, though, what time zone do you live in?

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 02:49:54 PM »

///Jelani van Zandt\\\

Call-sign : Longbow

Race: It's name is nigh unpronouncable in Galactic Standard language, though He looks somehwat like the old-earth animals called "kangaroos"

Age: 35 Galactic standard years, which is relatively young for his species. His equivalent human age would be about 20.

Armor/attire: He wears a set of  Bodrova Tactical BTVS-23C armor, rated to withstand a vacuum for up to two hours, though the reccomended exposure time is about half that. BTVS-23C comes with an additional command headset, integrated into the sleek, titanium helmet. Around his waist, he wears a Plasma shield, which effectively protects against about 20 plasma shots, given the perfect conditions. Additionally, Jelani added some light modifications, that is, an ablative coating, and a chest plate inspired by the old, human "Chobham" armor plating.  When he is not wearing his combat armor, Longbow wears a set of black on grey, Dendarii officer's undress uiform, with a black beret, the golden insignia of the dendarii free mercenaries on it. Also, when he is commanding his ship,  the Approaching Storm, he wears a DT C/M-2 command visor, which gives him constant updates on  his fleet's status, as well as constant access to Dendarii FLEETCOM

Weapons loadout: When he is in his ship, Van Zandt carries a large, standard issue dendarii plasma pistol, embellished with golden trimmings, and "Forward Momentum" engraved onto the handle. When he is in combat, Van Zandt carries a PA-2Plasma Arc, which, though it may not be the most pwoerful of plasma arcs, it is one of the most accurate.

Description/ (short) Bio: Van Zandt was born on the "Roomen" (as his species has been colloquially named) colony of "Reaching Progress", to relatively Normal parents, he joined the RP Defense Force as soon as he could, and due to his skill and ambition, he rose through the ranks quickly. Eventually, the Dendarii fleet passed though, and seeing that they had a much easier life, and much better pay, promptly left, and joined them. He quickly rose through the ranks of the Dendarii mercenaries, as well, quickly gaining enough pay to buy and command his own ship, which he had decided to name the Approaching Storm.

uh... is it okay if I bring in just the ship? don't want to bring in a whole fleet. if that is too much, I could rather quickly arrange to have the ship destroyed.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 04:30:27 PM »
I'll allow your ship, but please try to refrain from bringing in the fleet. In any case, welcome aboard!

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 02:41:58 AM »
wooo!

and of course, i didn't plan on bringing the fleet. they specialize in planetary blockades anyways, and, as such, have a relatively minimal marine presence. they sent the approaching storm, their ship most equipped for a ground battle, to carry out this contract.

EDIT:

well heres a ship that's pretty close to what I had imagined
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420333443&searchtext=
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:26:26 AM by Sturmtruppen Shepherd »

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
lol Space Engineers fan, eh? I play that too. Anyway, here's a pic of Travis's ship:

And since I brought her in (and you can bring in extra characters if you want to, but again - no more than 3), here's Tigress's profile:

///Tigress "Drake"\\\

Call-Sign: Tector

Race: Tiger

Armor/Attire: Same armor Travis uses when on-duty, random clothes that vary day to day when off-duty.

Weapons Loadout: RX Mauser H1M1 (img below), single reverse-grip lightsaber
Img of Rifle:

Description/Bio: Originally hailing from a pre-warp furry civilization, Tigress "Drake" has known Travis since he crash-landed on her home world. More than a friend and not yet his wife, Tigress took on her lover's name to reflect she was in a romantic relationship with him. Over time with Travis, she has seen and done a lot of things, including surviving several battles. Yet still, she loves Travis like she's never loved anyone before. As such, she is protective of him.

And since I'm here, a pic of Travis's Rifle:

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 01:32:25 PM »
haha lol, pimpmygun.

but regardless, those aren't half bad!

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 02:35:05 AM »
I apologize for the delay. Got busy with a few things. As promised, here is the image of the Reman Bridge interior:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=426292955

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »
Sorry bout that. Was never one for parallel universes. 

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 01:44:45 PM »
You've nothing to apologize for, comrade, unless you're dropping out of this RP. Regardless, if anyone has questions, ask them. I will answer.