The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why are we so fussy as a human-race  (Read 381 times)

Offline Niallywolf

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: mixture of cat and wolf
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Currently: Happy
Why are we so fussy as a human-race
« on: February 21, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »
We fight over such stupid things in this world! We fight over marriage for people who love each other of the same sex. We fight over which sex is the better to be? We even fight over such small little things religion! why can't we all live in peace and respect what people believe(as long as it's legal) no matter how strange what it is they believe in?

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
Re: Why are we so fussy as a human-race
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:20:32 PM »
That's one quality of humans that separates us from animals - the fact that we have an irresistable urge to make other people do and think as we do. No other animals as far as i'm aware partake in this behavior. People are also susceptible to being brainwashed, which happens at very early ages (before they are developed enough to think critically), and things like religion become their foundation for how they think throughout their life. If they were introduced to religion as adults, there is no way that they would embrace it as easily as when they are children. So people use this as an advantage to mold the future gnerations just like them, because they are afraid of change, and think that any ideas different than their own are bad.

It's sad but what are you gonna do...

The way i see it, people have the right to be stupid and ignorant if they choose to. If they want to hate others for thinking differently, that's their choice and doesn't concern me as long as they don't impose their will on others.

I would also like to point out that legality is something that should be challenged when it's warranted. I don't believe there is an objective morality, so what's legal is a subjective matter, one that is shaped as seen fit by a society. It is something that needs to evolve. I think a pretty reasonable stance is that as long as nobody is being subjected to you, then do what you want.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:27:36 PM by Teiko »
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline Nicolas Cage

• Avid Aardvark
  • I can eat a peach for hours.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 11:19:23 PM »
It's just a natural occurrence for a place where differences are obvious and contestable. As for why certain people choose to argue what they do, I'd say that depends on the context more than using it as an excuse to be negative.

That said, conflict isn't inherently a bad thing. If people are entitled to their opinions, no matter what they may be, then there will eventually be opposing opinions. Without involving sentiments or personal bias of any sort, it's important for everyone to have a way to express those differences and potentially reconcile them. It doesn't always happen, and the people involved can be prone to emotionally-fueled responses, but those are usually personal problems, not necessarily problems with the act of communicating to one another.

Offline Niallywolf

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: mixture of cat and wolf
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Currently: Happy
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:43:44 AM »
It's just a natural occurrence for a place where differences are obvious and contestable. As for why certain people choose to argue what they do, I'd say that depends on the context more than using it as an excuse to be negative.

That said, conflict isn't inherently a bad thing. If people are entitled to their opinions, no matter what they may be, then there will eventually be opposing opinions. Without involving sentiments or personal bias of any sort, it's important for everyone to have a way to express those differences and potentially reconcile them. It doesn't always happen, and the people involved can be prone to emotionally-fueled responses, but those are usually personal problems, not necessarily problems with the act of communicating to one another.

Great point :) I love your movies :)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:53 PM »
Let me ask you something.

Back, say, 200 years ago black people were slaves, being homosexual or non-hetero was criminalized and women couldn't vote, rape within marriage was also basically legal. Now, if you live in this time period, would you live in peace? Would you say "Why should people fight?" and just try to live in peace and work with everyone and let these things stay without any objection? Cause if you wouldn't, then that's the reason people fight.

My concept is, when people say "Why can't we live in peace and harmony and respect each others opinions!", people fail to realize that in itself, that's an opinion and a view. You're asking people to accept your view of reality, you're asking people to accept everyone, not everyone wants to accept everyone else. To me, when people say this, it's less "Believe what you want" and more "Believe what I want you too", which is to accept everyone regardless of race, religion and what-not. Not saying that's an opinion I disagree with, I do agree to accept everyone, but I'm just pointing out that not everyone has the same view. You might ask "Why do people not accept everyone?" and that's a whole different conversation as a whole. But even the "accept" everyone shtick can cause conflict, which I won't go into, but there are people you'll hear, with very strange stories and opinions that you may not be so willing to accept.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:28:03 PM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";