The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Venture into the Dark  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black with lilac eyes
  • Build: Lithe and streamline
  • Currently: :yltnerruC
Re: A Venture into the Dark
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2015, 09:26:40 PM »
"He's not a child!" Sarrus yells in frustration "He just acts like one! and jade is... well he is to blame for her not being here!"

"you... your not actually considering believing him?" Saul asks, still sounding scared.
"There is intrigue among the souls, and treachery. No worse fate can befall a man than to be surrounded by traitor souls."

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2015, 12:46:57 AM »
Karthus squeezes his foreleg around the boy's throat, suffocating him. "I'm doing a lot more than considering it."
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2015, 12:51:47 AM »
Saul starts making choking noises and flailing helplessly as his air is cut off. Sarrus tries to get up but continues to be held down by Thaese.
"There is intrigue among the souls, and treachery. No worse fate can befall a man than to be surrounded by traitor souls."

Offline Niphi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fluff Dragon
  • Currently: eating a whole bottle of vitamins to become healthy
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2015, 01:20:52 AM »
Thay pushes the dragon back down with a glare, "You're not going anywhere."
He turns his head to Karthus with an furious look, "You're going to kill a kid on a whim? What's wrong with you?"
His eyes meet the cat's in the Mantis' grip, seeing the fear and pain on the feline's face. He quickly turns back to the dragon under his paw with a wild expression and raises his hammer above his head but freezes as he desperately tries to think.

Thay struggles with himself for a moment before slowly lowering his weapon, stone faced, "Karthus is right... it doesn't make any sense," his ears droop as realization dawns on him and he takes his paw off the dragon.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:37:24 AM by Thaese »

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2015, 02:13:58 AM »
Sarrus gets to his feet quickly and draws his sword "It didn't work Riley" he holds it up to the cat's neck. "Break the spell or I WILL kill you" For a moment the cat continues to struggle helplessly.

Then, he stops, his body going limp for a moment before he looks up into the dragon's eyes with a grin, showing his teeth. As he does so a sort of black, tar like substance issues from around his neck and runs up Karthus' pincers a few inches. It does not change the way he feels, as if the substance had been protecting him all along. "Poor little Saul, trapped in this horrible place..." His voice still has a feminine ring to it but sounds far more seductive and confident than before. He groans and flexes his neck uncomfortably, then he holds up a hand and flexes his fingers, for a moment a circle of glowing green glyphs appear around it, then with a flick, he dispels them.

A sort of ethereal cry comes from within the city, something that could not be of this world. The strange cry seems to convey damage and as it does, damage also begins to appear in the darkness.

At first it begins as a circle high up in the sky, then the light spreads, tearing through the shadows like paper. All the while the horrific cries continue to emanate.

Then, as the last of the shadows fade, the cries choke and fade. To everyone, the daylight is so sudden and bright that it seems to blanket the vision. for a few seconds, the only thing that can be seen is the silhouette of something unreal in the centre of the city. A mass of writhing black tentacles which thrashes about then suddenly bursts open, finally torn apart by the light.

As vision returns it is only now that the group can see the beauty of the city. Empty and silent the great structures have a poetic look to them. The wind begins to blow once again and for a moment everything seems peaceful.

Perhaps this sudden peace was the opportunity the black cat was looking for. Becoming more of this strange black substance he seems to melt out of Karthus' grip, sliding across the floor and reforming a few meters away. Seeing this, Sarrus forms a fireball in one hand and wields it threateningly.

"You made me kill my pet... Do you have any idea how hard it is to bind a demon that size?" Anger seems to boil within him, then he calms himself, reaching up to straighten the large red bow on his head. "Its OK though... I'm sure all of you will make it up to me..." He grins evily.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:34:55 AM by Sarrus »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2015, 05:03:19 PM »
Angder looked at Saul "You know you are outnumbered 4 to 1 right? OK only 3 to 1 if Karthus does not drop me, but you still can't exactly win, can you?" Angder tapped the foreleg pressed to his neck "Speaking of which, Karth, can you put me down now? Can't exactly fight like this can I?"
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2015, 03:14:08 PM »
Karthus nodded. "Yup, sorry." He releases Angder.

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2015, 11:50:17 PM »
The cat licks his lips "your a feisty one aren't you, doggie? I think i will break you first." As he says this he steps close to Angder until he is almost touching him. "I want the old lizard to watch as i make every breath a burden to you, as the very memory of the sanity you once had fades into the void..." If someone who couldn't speak Tertheyan was listening they could have sworn that Riley was trying to seduce him. The cat giggles again and stands there, waiting for someone to make a move.

Offline Niphi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »
Thay steps up behind the cat with a growl, "If you touch him the loss of your little pet will be the least of your problems, you little runt," he grips his hammer in his paw tightly as his lips curl up to reveal his fangs.

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2015, 12:19:49 AM »
Riley grins as he hears Thaese behind him. "Oooh a tough guy, you had better wait your turn. Dont worry, this runt will break you too... In time..." He grins and reaches behind him and flicks him in the chest, with a flash of green light, Thaese is sent flying backwards a few meters and lands on his back. Riley then lazily brings his hand forward and places his finger against Angder's chest. "Now" he says "where were we?"

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2015, 12:49:55 AM »
Angder stares, wide-eyed at the finger, his fur stands on end. He tries to back away, heading towards where he dropped his crossbow.

"what... what are you going to do to me?" he stammers.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2015, 06:57:32 PM »
Riley steps forward so that his finger remains connected to Angder's chest, grinning at him, suddenly the wolf feels something grip his leg and he looks down to see a horrible black tentacle wrapped around his leg. It feels cold to the touch and seems to have grown out of the cat's shadow. Already, more of the smooth black tendrils seem to be reaching out from the silhouette on the ground.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2015, 07:47:42 PM »
Karthus charges at Riley. "Oh no you don't!" he yells with a grunt as he smashes into Riley, and attempts to pierce him with his two pointy forelegs.

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2015, 08:55:58 PM »
"Really?" Riley looks down at himself, the mantis' two forelegs now embedded in his chest, the same black substance surrounding them, it seems to writhe and twist and begin to move up Karthus' arms.

Offline Niphi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2015, 09:04:31 PM »
Thaese hits the floor with a whine as he pants for breath after being winded. He rolls over, slowly getting to his feet, watching the scene play out before him.
He staggers forward, still wheezing, mustering up as much strength as he can, and swings his hammer to the side of the cat's head from behind.