The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What was the worst phase you went through?  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Arco

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Primarily black and white with red markings throughout.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Build: Tall with some extra meat on the bones.
  • Currently: Like to be social but am more than happy being alone.
Re: What was the worst phase you went through?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »
This is a bit odd and silly but after I saw the LOTR Two towers movie, I was so set on wanting to actually be an orc.  I don't know why really but I just had to be one of those orcs. 

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Conventions:

FurSquared 2015

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 10:33:26 PM »
I went through a really bad phase of hating everyone and everything when I was about 11-ish. Some stuff had happened in my life which kinda ruined my view of humanity and still shapes my view to this day, just not as badly.

Good news: I don't hate pretty much every person I meet anymore.

Bad news: I have some very cynical and negative views about society and more specifically the police.

Offline TMAlt

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Coloring: Light Tan with white belly, fingers, and toes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 184 lbs
  • Build: Hourglass, chubby
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 12:03:15 AM »
My emo/suicidal stage.... I'd get teased and I was lonely and home life wasn't the best, but that changed quickly when I met my highschool sweetheart, now my husband. :)

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 01:21:28 AM »
I went through a really bad phase of hating everyone and everything when I was about 11-ish. Some stuff had happened in my life which kinda ruined my view of humanity and still shapes my view to this day, just not as badly.

Good news: I don't hate pretty much every person I meet anymore.

Bad news: I have some very cynical and negative views about society and more specifically the police.

I currently have this mindset. The hatred of police is totally warranted. And I've lost all hope in humanity, and I hope that our species goes extinct soon. It has done enough. I've witnessed so much stupidity and violence that It makes me ill. So much disregard for knowledge, so much cruelty toward animals and others for no reason, so much discrimination. And at the moment I tend to hate all people until I get to know them well.
I think there is nothing wrong with having negative views of society; it is healthy to think critically rather than be a mindless drone. If things are wrong, don't just pretend it's not happening.
Sorry for ranting lmao

ironically, I still have a primitive obsession with violence as shown in my signature lol

Total aside: HI FELLOW PURPLE WUFDOG :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:36:48 AM by Teiko »
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 01:28:06 AM »
I like the way you see things. Was beginning to think they're aren't enough people who are willing to state they have this kind of view because they don't want to be just shot down or ignored harder than anyone else before them.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 02:35:07 AM »
I too went through the emo/suicidal phase. My home life is the same but I've met so many amazing friends in the past year
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline Azeliah

• Avid Aardvark
  • Hybrid disaster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Liat (lion bat hybrid)
  • Coloring: Black with red highlights
  • Build: Lean, not exaggerated.
  • Currently: Hello winter! Goodbye sleep cycle!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 02:54:39 AM »
Phases.

I suppose the worst phase I went through was the four years in the teens where I tried to convince myself that I didn't have a taboo fetish. I've only really started to accept it in the later years. After the phase I merely tried to tolerate and control it, which I found was impossible for me.
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." -Anton Szandor LaVey

In math, I see beauty. In complexity, I see simplicity. In chaos, I see order. You might miss that which is beautiful, but if you do see it, then embrace it.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 02:57:34 AM »
Phases.

I suppose the worst phase I went through was the four years in the teens where I tried to convince myself that I didn't have a taboo fetish. I've only really started to accept it in the later years. After the phase I merely tried to tolerate and control it, which I found was impossible for me.

That was most of my life but with my sexuality. I always told myself "you're not gay, you're not bi, you only like girls." And it's just nott true at all. I learned this only about a year ago.

(I had to edit it for a typo that totally changed the meaning of it)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:03:30 AM by daxdeclan »
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline WolfRabbit

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 03:00:21 AM »
Phases.

That was most of my life but with my sexuality. I always told myself "you're not gay, you're not bi, you only like girls." And it's just. It true at all. I learned this only about a year ago.
That's exactly what I went through at 13, then I decided on bi. Then pan, then I accepted it, and gay.
Hungry like the Wolf

Offline Azeliah

• Avid Aardvark
  • Hybrid disaster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Liat (lion bat hybrid)
  • Coloring: Black with red highlights
  • Build: Lean, not exaggerated.
  • Currently: Hello winter! Goodbye sleep cycle!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 03:07:32 AM »
That was most of my life but with my sexuality. I always told myself "you're not gay, you're not bi, you only like girls." And it's just. It true at all. I learned this only about a year ago.

Honestly, that's usually because it's more or less the same phase in the right cultural circumstances. I grew up with a sense of right and wrong, but when I hit puberty I realized that I was into my own sex and had this fetish, too. Suddenly two major things were things my Christian background led me to believe was "wrong". I could accept my sexuality much easier than I could accept my fetish, though, as I had a chance to explore the former.

That's exactly what I went through at 13, then I decided on bi. Then pan, then I accepted it, and gay.

I accepted my sexuality rather quickly. At the age of 19, I found out that I was wrong, when I wound up in a sexually active relationship with a lesbian. x3 I guess both she and I were surprised by this. x3
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." -Anton Szandor LaVey

In math, I see beauty. In complexity, I see simplicity. In chaos, I see order. You might miss that which is beautiful, but if you do see it, then embrace it.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 04:37:00 AM »
I went through a fedora phase in 9th grade... stbbisdvhfrdzkhd *barfs* F--- I wanna go back in time and slap my past self for making such a horrendous choice in fashion.

Dimes to Diamonds

And your problem is mine how?...

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 04:39:39 AM »
I went through a fedora phase in 9th grade... stbbisdvhfrdzkhd *barfs* F--- I wanna go back in time and slap my past self for making such a horrendous choice in fashion.

Dimes to Diamonds

Omg that reminds me of how in junior high I used to rock a popped collar XD
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline TheEndIsNearUs

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2015, 04:49:28 AM »
Basically from ages 12 - 14 I went through all of the worst phases at the same time; essentially I was a wannabe emokid weaboo with an obnoxious taste for rage comic / trollface memes.

My wardrobe included nothing but black and neon anime t-shirts, shorts, and brightly coloured knee-socks. I wore heavy makeup and a bra too big for me [I identified as female at the time but was completely flat]. I also had really long hair that covered half my face but was never brushed. I guess I'm lucky I'm naturally black so I never subjected it to cheap hair dyes.

I still wear a lot of dark colours and more dramatic makeup, but now I've found my own fashion sense instead of trying to copy things I thought would make me seem cool. I'm also considerably less annoying and in-your-face about my interests.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:53:14 AM by TheEndIsNearUs »