The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Get ready for a really complicated Rp based off The Thing.  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
Get ready for a really complicated Rp based off The Thing.
« on: November 29, 2014, 05:50:16 AM »
Like the title says, this is going to be complicated but hang with me and please read to the end.

Im not sure how many people have seen the movie "The Thing", but in case you havnt here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(2011_film)

The film would take way to long to explain in my own words so please read the plot.

*Warning*- The movie is gory, but ill try not to go too far into that.

Now onto the story and rules of the rp.

You are in an archeologist squad that is sent to cut out and study a strange alien form frozen in the ice. After finding out the alien escapes and tries killing people, and no civilization around for hundreds of miles to help you, you must desperately try to hunt down and kill it.

(Yes, this is a survival horror RP)

Objective of the Anthros: Hunt down and kill The Thing/s by all means and anyway possible while suffering minimal casualties. Make smart choices and watch who you trust. The Thing will do anything to decive you into thinking they are still Anthro.

Objective of The Thing/s: Kill and replicate into all the Anthros while not being noticed and killed.
While in Anthro form: Do everything in your power to lie, trick, and decive other Anthros into thinking you are still Anthro until you can kill them.
While in alien form: Kill and transform into a Anthro while using air ducts, environmental structures, and darkness to hide.

Roles include:

Captin- Head of the excavation crew  and research station. The captain resists fear and paranoia more then any other class and, since they know all the crew personally, have a better influence in calming down paniced members. Starts off with a .45 handgun.

Doctor- A trained scientist in the field of medican. The doctor can treat wounds, do blood work, set bones and can assist the captin in calming down scared or paranoid team members. You know, doctor things.

Engineer- The fixer-upper of the group. The engineer can repair doors, eletrical panels, equipment, and basically anything broken. They can also jury-rig weapons including a flamethrower, with the right parts that is. (Vehicles are excluded with this class.)

Mechanic- Grease monkey and skilled driver. The mechanic is the only person who has the skills to drive the arctic vehicles, operate heavy machinery, and reapiar anything with an engine.

Archeologist- A scientist specialized in digging and studying ancient remains. The Archeologist can survive out in the cold longer then any other group member and, with their job of bringing the creature out of the ice, they start out with a flamethrower.

The Errand Boy- Basically they were the lacky of the group, the person who ran around the building getting things when the crew asked for them. But dont let the past job discourage you. The Errand is faster and stelthier then any member of the group. They are quicker and lighter on their feet and with good agility they can hide in higher and tighter places.

(Depending on the amount of people I get, I will add more jobs. Only ONE person can fill each job, so its first come first served. PM me the job you want and I'll tell you if its free or taken.)

This RP will play a lot like DnD, and im not going to lie its going to be confusing and a bit complicated at first. I'm basically the GM.  Unless everybody is in a group together, the posts will be sent through PM to me. Just like in DnD, you tell me the action and I tell you the outcome through dice rolls that I will perform in real life. If you know how to play DnD, even a little, you should be good.

But now for a bit of a confusing part. When the group is not ALL together (say three people go off on their own) then you will NOT post in the main thread. The posting will be done through PMs. Now there are three ways we can do this:

1- You can PM your post to me AND the members your character is currently with.

Or

2- You can send your PM to me and I will forward it onto the people your Character is with.

Or

3- We can do the same as one or two but with Skype instead of the PM system. This option I believe will be the easiest.

This RP is one of mystery and terror. Using the PM system/ Skype makes sure you dont know what other characters are doing unless you're with them, thus adding to the feeling of the unknown.

(If you are a "Thing" I will tell you which other characters are "Things" also so you dont attack them.)

This is just a quick rundown of the RP. If I get a good enough body count (Im looking for 6 or at the least 5) then I will go into further detail and explain more rules and gameplay mechanics (such as guns, environment, scavenging, fighting, health, ect.) I want people who are going to be active and participate on at least a semi regular basis who also arnt going to randomly disappear on me. I dont want to have to hunt you down and beat you with a stick because you're not posting. If you have a reason for leaving or simply dont want to be in it anymore please tell me, I'm an understanding person. If not then your character will be swimming with the frozen fishes  :D

If I get enough people ill place an OCC in the serious board so you can place your character sheets and if you have any questions please ask.

Post Merge: November 29, 2014, 05:55:39 AM
oops, I ment to place this in the main rp board. This is not a fun rp.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:55:39 AM by Russiandog38, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Re: Get ready for a really complicated Rp based off The Thing.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 06:01:57 AM »
Sounds interesting! I'm up for it! And ya spelled captain wrong

I call the captain BTW.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline SilverSolstive

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Get ready for a really complicated Rp based off The Thing.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 05:28:56 AM »
I call the Errand Boy. Happy to join.

Join us, know the power of the pony side!