The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Yamiokami Densetsu  (Read 6415 times)

Offline IamTheS

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Foot Ninja
    • Anipedia
    • Awards
  • Species: Okami (Wolf)
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Average
Re: Yamiokami Densetsu
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 01:48:38 AM »
Really? Wow, I never thought of it being turned into a movie....

Thanks.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - CROSSING OVER
---------------------------------

Liz Sherman: In the dark I heard your voice. What did you say?
Hellboy: I said, "Hey, you, on the other side. Let her go. Because for her I will cross over, and then you'll be sorry."
-Hellboy, 2004

Tatianna led Sigma into the captain's quarters. Sigma hesitated before walking inside, as he wasn't sure he was ready to see her still body like that again. Eventually, he took a deep breath and entered. Almost at once he saw Kaizoku, and he fought the urge to burst out into either tears or a fit of rage.

Tatianna crouched down in the middle of the floor and pulled a piece of white chalk out of a bag. She immediately began drawing cryptic symbols around her, while Sigma stood and watched in confusion. A chill went down his spine for unknown reasons as she drew a large circle around herself, outside of the symbols. Tatianna then clapped her hands and slammed them palm-down into the wood floor of the cabin, sending a small spark of bluish-white energy up. She nodded, stood up, and stepped over the markings on the floor.

"All right. Step directly into the center of the mandala. Take care not to touch any of the chalk."

Sigma cocked an eyebrow. "You want me to walk into that?"

"You want to go to Hell, don't you?"

Sigma had no time for inquiring her choice of words. Instead, he did as instructed, and with equal parts nervousness and confidence, stood in the exact center of the circle. Tatianna handed Sigma a wad of green paper.

"What are these?" inquired Sigma, accepting the bills.

"They are Hell Bank Notes," Tatianna explained. "There's a couple hundred thousand there. They are the monetary units of the afterlife. You will need them to help you bring back Kaizoku."

Sigma tucked the bills into his pocket, and stared at Tatianna. He wanted to get this started, and could not figure why she did not do anything further. She did nothing for some time, but then Tatianna kneeled down and erased one of the symbols, then drew a new one in its place. Suddenly, the chalk glowed the same color as the spark she had created earlier. The glow grew higher and higher until it had enveloped Sigma. Then, Sigma felt as if his body were on fire, but like a cool, calming fire. It felt like fire, but the pain of a burning sensation was not there. Within moments, Sigma saw everything go dark.

When he saw light again, he was in a gigantic cavern. A huge building was in the center; it was several stories, but only had windows on the bottom floor. It was similar to a modern day office building. Sigma looked around and saw strange, monstrous creatures that were approximately the size of Bartholomew, with varied skin colors of blue and red. They sported manes of wild black hair, horns, and wore what appeared to be tiger's fur clothing. Sigma knew of these creatures from local myths; they were the demonic souls of the afterlife - the Oni.

The Oni walking to and fro carried briefcases, stacks of paperwork, and other business related items. There were standing on either side of the building's door, and held shields and large iron clubs known as Kanabo. Sigma was largely unnoticed by any of these creatures. Sigma decided it was time for him to proceed with his rescue mission.

Only as he approached the door, did the Oni take any attention to him. Those that he took to be the building's guards took a look at them; one was blue and had a shield with a horse's head on it - the other, red with a shield with a bull's head.

The blue one waved his Kanabo at Sigma. "Halt! What is your business here?"

Sigma cleared his throat. "I have come here to retrieve someone who I feel has passed before their time."

The blue Oni laughed a deep, throaty laugh. "Do you hear that, Gozu? This dog boy wants to revive somebody."

Gozu laughed, his voice exactly the same as the blue Oni's. "That's a riot, Mezu." He turned towards Sigma. "What makes you think you are worthy enough to enter Lord Enma's office?"

Sigma swallowed hard. "What can I do to convince you?"

Mezu grinned. "You must defeat both of us in combat. However, you will be unarmed... we shall use our clubs and shields."

Sigma knew this challenge to be unfair, but did not care. He needed to bring Kaizoku back to him. He would stop at nothing to do so.

"I accept your challenge," said Sigma.

"Wow," Gozu said to Mezu. "It's been a few hundred years since someone's actually accepted. Think we should let him in on that principle?"

Mezu cocked an eyebrow. "Are you kidding? Lord Enma would have both of our heads on a pike if we didn't follow his law to a T."

"You're right, Mezu." Gozu moaned in irritation. "All right, mortal, prepare to fight the toughest brawl of your life!"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 05:54:10 AM by IamTheS »

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 11:35:02 AM »
so awesome!!!
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline IamTheS

• Dancing Dragon
  • Foot Ninja
    • Anipedia
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 05:36:35 AM »
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - DUELING WITH DEMONS
---------------------------------------
Gozu swung his massive metal club downwards toward Sigma. Sigma leapt, but the Kanabo hit his tail. Sigma let out a loud cry of pain; he could feel every bone his tail shatter as if a train had run it over. He knew that this fight was going to be a major chore, but he didn't expect to be so gravely injured within the first three seconds of the bout.

"Aw, did I hurt the puppy's tail?" Gozu laughed and leaned his Kanabo on his shoulder. Throwing his head back in laughter, the demon's voice echoed off of the cavern walls and caused a small vibration in the air. Despite being in intense pain, Sigma would not be so easily felled when he had such a mission to complete. The woman he loved was dead and he had one shot to bring her back; this was an opportunity he would not waste. As Gozu laughed, Sigma used the Oni's oblivious status as an opening. Sigma leapt into the air and delivered a hard, deep jump kick to his stomach. However, not only was the attack ineffective, but Sigma was sure that kicking Gozu's body created a hairline fracture in the sole of his foot.

Now Mezu had joined in on the laughter. A combination of failure and the Onis' booming laughter was beginning to give Sigma a headache; he rubbed his temples to attempt to soothe his pain. Sigma had predicted that this battle was to take all he had and it appeared as if even then, he had underestimated his foes. This fight was going to take more of a tactical approach if it were to go anywhere.Sigma crouched down and gathered a handful of small stones from the cavern floor with his left paw, then stood and placed one of them with his right paw, and heaved back his arm, following through with a massive whip of the arm. The pebble sliced the air as fast as any shuriken, and popped Mezu right between the eyes. Mezu dropped his shield and rubbed the point of impact.

"Ow, you little bugger! That STUNG!" The Oni turned his sights on Sigma and began stomping towards him, his weapon-wielding arm high above his head. Sigma took a couple of steps back, and threw a second pebble, this time hitting the unassuming Gozu in the left eye.

"By Lord Enma's beard!" Gozu shouted. "Who threw that?"

"Who do you think, you knucklehead! It was the dog!" Mezu yelled. Both Oni turned towards Sigma and raised their Kanabo. Sigma took a leap backwards as Mezu swung his weapon. Then, as Gozu swung his, Sigma leapt up, landing on top of the club. Gozu kept his arm and weapon outstretched and stared at Sigma, letting out a dumbfounded "Huh?"

Sigma narrowed his eye and threw a pebble at the demon's other eye, effectively blinding him. Sigma hopped backwards off of the Kanabo, and ducked as Gozu swung his weapon, which effectively caused him to bash his partner.

"Hey! Watch where you're swinging that thing!" Mezu screamed.

"Sorry man... It's just... I can't see! I thought you were him!"

"Yeah, right! You've just been achin' to hit me all these years... you were just looking for an excuse!"

"Nu-uh!" Gozu protested. However, Mezu had chosen to smash the handle of his Kanabo into the top of Gozu's head. This infuriated the blind Oni, who then swung his Kanabo, this time purposely clocking Mezu in the side of the head.

Sigma simply stood back and watched as the two demons brawled. Several other Oni had gathered around to watch the fight with looks of confusion and admiration peppered throughout the crowd. Despite not being able to see, Gozu seemed to have an advantage over Mezu. Eventually, with one hard swing of his Kanabo, Gozu crushed Mezu's skull, effectively knocking him to the ground. However, Gozu was unaware that his opponent had fallen, and admist a string of taunts, he spun around with his Kanabo and conked himself in the head, knocking him backwards to the ground as well.

A blue-skinned Oni in a business suit spoke up after it was apparent that both guards were unconcious. "Wh...what exactly happened here?"

Another blue-skinned Oni, this one wearing a tiger-stripe loincloth, said "I think this canine guy was fighting them to get into see Lord Enma, and he tricked them into fighting."

A red-skinned Oni with a tiger-stripe loincloth and with a large scar down his cheek let out a low whistle. "Man... not only have I not seen these two in a fight in a long time, I've not ever seen anyone beat them. Lord Enma is sure to fulfill his request!"

Sigma's ears perked up. This was a best thing he'd heard since he'd gone to Hell. Sigma pocketed the rest of the pebbles and continued to the doors of the building, leaping over the enormous body of Mezu as he came across it. There was a couple of woops and yells from the crowd of Oni, but Sigma ignored them. He pushed open the doors and was greeted by a humanlike female wearing a tattered robe and with wild, red hair. She looked - and smelled - as if she had not bathed in all of eternity.

The woman's voice was raspy and had a hint of a growl in it. "So, you made it past Gozu and Mezu, huh? You must be a tough one. I'm Sandora the shikome. You must be here to see Lord Enma."

Sigma nodded slowly, keeping his eye trained on the grotesquely flithy woman - he was not entirely sure he trusted her. Nevertheless, when she gestured for him to follow her into an elevator, he did - albeit he kept his hand in his pocket just in case he needed to throw a stone at her.

The elevator ride was short but ungodly horrible. Sigma knew that the shikome were patrons of death known as the "foul women", but he has assumed that it was solely because of their disposition and not their lack of hygeine. In a world where death was commonplace, Sigma was certain that Sandora's smell was by far worse than the stench of rotting flesh.

The elevator doors opened and a rush of air filled the small chamber. Sigma took a deep breath, relieved to obtain some air that was not contaminated by the shikome. As Sigma and Sandora exited the elevator, they came upon a vast hallway where various death entities, including Oni and shikome, busily worked. Sandora led him to a large office at the end of the hallway. There, seated at an enormous desk, was an Oni-like entity who was at least twenty feet tall. He wore ornate robes and a skull cap with the Japanese symbol for King printed on it. He absent-mindedly scratched his large, bushy beard as he looked at a piece of paper.

"Sir!" Sandora called out to him, which caused him to turn toward her. "This individual has bested both Gozu and Mezu, and has come to ask you for a favor."

Enma scratched his beard again. "State your name and your purpose of visit," he said. His voice was gruff and deep, but not booming and loud like Sigma had expected.

Sigma bowed. "My name is Inukawa Sousuke, the Daishishou of the Yamiokami ninja clan. I have come to ask for the resurrection of someone who died not too long ago."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:41:40 AM by IamTheS »

Offline IamTheS

• Dancing Dragon
  • Foot Ninja
    • Anipedia
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 03:55:42 AM »
CHAPTER NINETEEN - HELL'S CHALLENGE
-------------------------------------
"Inukawa, eh?" Enma repeated. "Let me check my records." The monstrous Oni licked his thumb and flipped through a huge book on his desk. Near the middle of the book, he stabbed a gigantic finger in the center of the massive tome and began reading the page, his eyes darting left and right, and his lips moving in silence.

"Inukawa Sousuke, alias Sigma.... Hmm... it says here that it's still supposed to be a while before you make it down here. Did you use some sort ritual to get here?"

Sigma nodded and scratched the left side of his muzzle absent-mindedly. "A shaman produced some sort of spell to send me."

Enma stroked his beard, then slammed the book shut. "So tell me, who is this individual you have worked so hard to bring back with you?"

Sigma's eyes waivered from Enma's briefly. "I... I don't know her full name. I just know her as Kaizoku."

Enma laughed. "And you went to Hell for this woman? And you don't know her name? That's uproarous!"

Sigma thought about telling him that she didn't know his true name, either, but thought the better of it. Instead, he pleaded to Enma. "Please... my people are being slaughtered mercilessly. Kaizoku was my greatest ally... and... I love her. I implore you, Lord Enma... I must bring her back to the land of the living."

Enma nodded. "You did beat Gozu and Mezu in combat in which the odds were against you... and your effort seems to be noble. I shall grant her return, but I'm afraid that you must accomplish a few tasks in order to do so."

Sigma was crestfallen. He had already gone through so much trouble... but he was willing to do anything it took to bring Kaizoku back to life. "I will do anything you tell me to," said he. "I just need to bring her back...."

Enma nodded. "Well, then, first things first, we need to find out her real name. Hmmm... probably the clue that would help the most is... what species was she? A wolf  like you?"

"Actually..." Sigma scratched his head. "She's part wolf... as well as part dragon... and I believe, part vampire. She called her species Dracopyre."

Enma stroked his beard again. "That is an odd combination... I'll have to check the log." Enma snapped his fingers, and a blue-skinned Oni wearing a white short-sleeved t-shirt and a striped tie entered the room with a large stack of papers that looked like it was printed off of computer from the early 1980's.

The Oni set the stack on the Lord's desk, bowed, then left through the same door he had entered. Enma picked up the paper from the stack, which was still held together with perforation. When he reached the fifth page, Enma's eyes lit up as if he had just made the discovery of the century. "Aha! I believe this may be who you are looking for! Noritou Einjeru.... Dracopyre, and murderous pirate!? Is this the kind of person you want to bring back to the world?"

Sigma stared coldly into Enma's eyes. "I am sure, sir."

Enma sighed. "Well, I am a God of my word. I suppose I must honor the deal. I assume you have Hell Money?"

Sigma did nothing more than nod.

"Okay then. What you do, is exit this building, and head west. You should come across a small store called Xenliao Xangdian. Purchase something that you feel symbolizes something important to her, as well as a wooden grave marker. Have her true name carved into the marker by the shopkeeper, then take the items and head north. Follow the sign to the Chamber of Wind and Thunder. There, stand outside of the chamber door, and stick the marker into the ground. Adorn the marker with the other item you purchased, and then set them both aflame. She shall exit the chamber, and you may leave through the cave south of this building."

Sigma slowly nodded, trying to take all of this in.

"Go with peace, young wolf." Enma said. Sigma bowed, then exited the building.

At the Xenliao Xangdian, Sigma purchased the marker and as much rum as he could afford. He had $5 left in Hell Money, which would not allow him to purchase anything of importance, so he just kept it. The Chamber of Wind and Lightning was not far; as a matter of fact, it was a much shorter walk from the store to the chamber than from Enma's office to the store.

Sigma impaled the soft dirt with the grave marker, and poured the rum on and around the marker. Then, using the match provided to him by the merchant of the Xenliao Xangdian, he lit them on fire. Sigma expected an explosion, or at least an enormous flare, to leap upon ignition due to the alcohol, but it burned as if it were just wood. Sigma noted that perhaps certain laws of science from the living world did not apply the same in Hell.

When at last the fire had petered itself out, the door to the chamber opened, and fog billowed out. Sigma heard a couple of cracks of thunder, and then saw a shadow amidst the fog. As it continued out of the fog, Sigma was able to recognize the shape of the stranger exiting the chamber. He ran up and threw his arms around her, drawing her into a slow, tender kiss.

At the kiss's break, Kaizoku smirked at her savior. "Wow, you must've really missed me."

"You don't know how much I have," said Sigma as he wagged his tail. "No pun intended, but I've been through Hell to find you."

Offline IamTheS

• Dancing Dragon
  • Foot Ninja
    • Anipedia
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 05:10:23 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTY - ...AND BACK
----------------------------
The instant Kaizoku and Sigma had left the cave, they found themselves back in their earthly bodies. Tatianna sat meditating on the floor in front of Sigma, seemingly unaware of their return. Sigma looked over to Kaizoku and saw her unmoving form. Though he knew she was back, he worried still.

"Honey?"

Kaizoku slowly sat up. "Sorry... I've been dead for a while... I feel stiff."

"It's all right. I understand."

"I would've been better, if you had let me drink some of that rum.

Sigma chuckled. "I just went through the underworld to pull you back to life and what were you so concerned about? That I burned the rum to save you. "Why's all the rum gone?", you said...."

"Well, it would have been a good 'welcome back present'. I haven't had as much as a snifter in so long..."

"Bah. Ye have rum here on the ship."

Kaizoku stuck her tongue out and threw a pillow at Sigma. It hit him squarely in the face, and after it dropped to the floor, he seethed with mock anger and leapt at Kaizoku. As he landed on the bed, he began to crawl closer to her, and then he affectionately nuzzled her.

"So... keeping secrets, are we... 'Einjeru'?"

Kaizoku blushed. "I hate that name. It's so... sappy. I haven't had anybody call me that name since I was still a pup."

Sigma laughed. "I am not one to talk, actually... I've gone by Sigma ever since I founded the Yamiokami... but before that my name was Sousuke."

It was Kaizoku's turn to laugh. "I think I like the names we go by now, better."

Sigma nodded in agreement. "There is something that puzzles me. With a name like Noritou Einjeru... and now you are called Kaizoku... are you from Japan?"

Kaizoku smirked. "Yeah... actually I'm from a small village outside of Urawa. But I haven't been back to Japan in centuries. There was a lot of... unpleasantness."

Sigma frowned. "I'm sorry. But... you said you're coming back with me. Why would you do that if you suffer bad memories?"

Kaizoku kissed Sigma softly on the mouth. "Because I love you, silly!"

Sigma's ears perked up. "Aww, you're so sweet." He then stood on the floor and popped his neck. "After spending all of that time in Hell, I think I need some air. Are you coming with me, my sensuous swashbuckler?"

Kaizoku yawned and stretched. "Gladly."

The two of them passed the unmoving Tatianna and headed outside holding one another's paws. When they arrived above decks, Kaizoku took a deep breath, smiled, and exhaled. "Hell is so musty smelling... it's good to have open air again."

"Aye," Sigma agreed. He turned back to see Monk steering the ship. He smiled and waved at them, and Sigma waved back.

"I'm so glad I have you back, my treasure," said Sigma, cuddling the captain. "I honestly have no idea what I would do without you."

Kaizoku giggled. "And just a few days ago you were afraid of me."

"Aye... I've seen the light, though. And besides that, it was not long before that, that you were willing to kill me without a moment's notice."

A huge grin stretched across Kaizoku's face. "And who says I still wouldn't?"

Sigma's eye widened and he blinked in confusion. Kaizoku laughed and gave him a peck on the cheek. "I'm only kidding, m'love. I would never do anything to hurt you. You have my promise."

Sigma nuzzled Kaizoku and stared at the rising sun. He felt it symbolic of the destination of their journey, as well as an indicator that he was not sure how long he had been in Hell. Sigma then brushed the hair out of the captain's face and kissed her, and subsequently fixed his gaze on the horizon once more.

Kaizoku pumped a fist into the air. "To Japan! Where our destiny shall lead us!"

Offline IamTheS

• Dancing Dragon
  • Foot Ninja
    • Anipedia
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 04:15:13 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTYONE - REVENGE OF THE BIRD?
----------------------------------------

The crew of Kaizoku's ship had dropped anchor for the night, and the four of them sat on the deck eating a meal of franks & beans. Kaizoku herself was disappointed that the dinner did not contain more meat than just hot dogs, but she knew better than to challenge Monk's culinary choice; he was by far the best on the ship in food preparation, which was a major deciding factor in Kaizoku's mind when she requested he join the crew.

The crew sat in absolute silence save for the scraping of their spoons against their bowls, and their barely audible chewing. Monk and Tatianna sat on separate crates, whereas Kaizoku and Sigma sat back-to-back on the same one. The sun was starting to set now; its place on the horizon parallel to where Sigma and Kaizoku had first seen it that morning after returning from Hell. A cool breeze was beginning to whip across the ship; not a strong one, but enough to make its presence known on the fur and flesh of its occupants. The day had been rather warm and Monk had now resigned to donning his shirt that he had discarded while steering in the hot sun.

All at once, a shadow was cast over them. They all recognized the shape of the shadow; that of an anthropomorphic bird! Sigma, who had recently had his swords returned to his possession by Kaizoku, drew the weapons and stood at ready. Kaizoku had a slightly larger pistol packed than she had used previously, and she too, drew it. Monk gripped the handles of his daggers tight as they sat in their sheaths. Tatianna had taken to learning offensive spells during Kaizoku and Sigma's adventures in the underworld, and readied some sort of attack magic.

The birdman circled the ship several times, and Kaizoku wanted to fire off a pre-emptive shot, but Sigma stopped her, reasoning that he was entirely sure that Vineeta had been slain. The four of them stood prepared; the birdman eventually swooped down and landed on the deck. This birdman was noticeably different than Kaizoku's murderer; he was maybe a whole foot shorter, and his feathers were brown. This one's muscles were also not as pronounced, and his humanlike skin was much paler. He wore a robe identical to Vineeta's but he also wore a thin brown belt that strapped a sword and sheath to him.

"Wait!" he called, holding out a palm. His voice was smoother than Vineeta's. "I come not to fight!"

Kaizoku growled and lowered her pistol slightly. "You have two minutes to explain why we shouldn't kill you."

The birdman cleared his throat. "Are you the ones who killed Vineeta?"

Sigma sneered. "Yes. I killed him. What of it?"

"My name is Bennu. Vineeta was my father."

Sigma let out an uncharacteristic curse, then whispered to Kaizoku, "I think we're screwed!"

Kaizoku raised her gun again. "No, wait!" Bennu exclaimed. "You don't understand... I'm here to thank you. You saved me the trouble of killing him myself. You see, as god of the birds, my father was a tyrant, I may not be the epitome of purity myself, but I've always thought that I could do a better job in his stead. Unfortunately, he was so greedy and ruthless, that he would never step down as god. The only way he'd give up his throne is upon death. I've been calculating a plot to kill him for many years but had thus far not come up with a plan that I knew would succeed."

Sigma was taken aback. He planned to slay his own father? From what he knew of Vineeta, though, he did not entirely wonder why this was true. "In actuality, I killed him only out of necessity. He had killed..." Sigma paused. "He killed a very close friend of mine." Sigma chose not to disclose that Vineeta's victim stood before him.

"Either way, you've made an ally for life. Tell me your name, warrior."

Sigma bowed slightly. "I am Sigma, of the Yamiokami ninja clan, Garoujin tribe."

Bennu nodded. "Yes, I am familiar with the Garoujin..." Sigma thought he saw would could pass for a grin on Bennu's beak. "Well, I must apologize, but I need to be off. When next we meet, we shall share the same side of the battlefield. May peace find you."

Before Sigma could say sayonara, the newly crowned god of the birds had taken flight once more. When he had gone completely from sight, Kaizoku said. "Well, that was weird."

"Completely unexpected. But I suppose it is always good to make more allies... especially since that is what I had originally set sail to accomplish."

Monk suddenly looked depressed. Sigma gently elbowed Kaizoku in the ribs. "What's with him?"

Kaizoku sniffed the air. "We're nearing Panama, Monk's homeland. We need to pass through here as fast as we can without stopping. Let's just say our silent partner has issues with this place...."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:55:32 AM by IamTheS »