The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: And Yet (IC; CLOSED - sorries~!)  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Whitepaw Niniichi/Enigir Shosa

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
  • Species: A native Australian Dingo!
  • Coloring: Hazel eyes, messy dark brown head hair, orange and white body fur.
  • Height: I keep forgetting~! Heh...
  • Weight: I keep not checking...ehhhheheheh...
  • Build: Lithe, athletic features lent to me by a few years of competitive cycling. Not much clearly defined musculature but I have big legs!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: What is worse - to think too much or not enough? Both seem abhorrent...
And Yet (IC; CLOSED - sorries~!)
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:00:03 AM »
     He lay face-down in the street. Below him a warm liquid gave him mixed feelings - mostly fear and pain. He was shaking before but he was still now. That fact showed very little promise. He was a male fox Anthro of about eighteen years. He groaned loudly and looked frowards along the road. One of his nine tails twitched. His grey top and blue scarf rustled in the wind. His red shorts were inert. Coughing, he slowly rose to his feet. If he could just grab his phones...just before...he was...
     A truck horn blared.
     He turned, hand stretched out.
     A look of horror.
     The screeching of tyres.
     Static, playing out of the speakers.

Welcome to the Last Leg of existence.
  • Avatar by: I am by and large responsible for my own artwork.
  • Signature art by: Moderator Mr. Razot for the FDF logo! YAY MR. RAZOT!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
Re: And Yet (IC; CLOSED - sorries~!)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
Acon flew into a group of desks, having been punched by another student for running her mouth. She wiped blood from her nose as she picked herself up off the ground. She cracked a smirk as she readied her fists.

Offline Deeery

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Strike a pose.
    • Awards
  • Species: Deer
  • Height: 1.90m ~ 6'2''
  • Weight: 60kg ~ 130lbs
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: Postmodern Jukebox might just have found the secret to Time Travel
Re: And Yet (IC; CLOSED - sorries~!)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 08:48:15 PM »
Driving around in the small, uncomfortable truck assigned to the animal shelter, Milos had visible complications to actually maneuvre the thing. Not only was it old, and the controls slightly messy, but he was also fresh from driver's school with his newly printed license. Ergo, he had barely any experience with cars like these. But the pound lacked available staff and as such, he needed to fill in as much as possible. It was something like a paid internship he was pulling off. And after 3 years, he would be a state-approved animal care attendant.

Right now, he was just making the daily morning round. Daily early morning round. He was still incredibly tired, the weather wasn't good, drizzle made the already freezing morning air humid and even more freezing. It was a bad start into the day. But it was his job as a fill-in, and as such saying no would make him unpopular with the owners. Not that they had a lot of choice. But he enjoyed the job so this was just a small price to pay to be able to work his dream job from so young on.

Glancing through the streets, he nearly drowned in his own spit as he reflexively swallowed because a lorry was thundering past him with sounding horns at a speed that was far from approriate here in the inner city. Hammering the breaks, the small truck came to a halt in a slightly diagonal position, luckily not in the center of the street. With a pounding heart, Milos caught his breath. It was too early for this kind of action. His vision slowly stabilized and through a gist of fate, this street had no traffic allowing him a quick breather. Squinting his eyes, there was something on the street. Milos brushed through his hair and over the nape of his neck. Huffing, he got out of the truck, and walked over whilst a single car brushed past and turned at the next intersection, flooding rain from the streets onto the pavement.

Arriving at the thing he had seen, Milos's eyes shivered in astonishment. With bibbering lips, he looked down as he quickly pulled off his jacket and wrapped it around the small, shaking, nearly lifeless body of the seemingly estranged fox in the midst of the inner city. Ever since the wildlife in this country had been flattened, cases like these weren't rare. Sighing, he saw that it's paws were somewhat bent, and it was bleeding from a small wound at its head. It had likely been hit by a car. This wasn't the first case he heard of, but this was the first case he was responsible for. Carrying the shivering wolf in both arms, Milos ran back to the truck, shoved the body as gently as possible onto a prepared matress in the back and grabbed a phone.

Dialing a number, Milos quickly realized that there wasn't a lot of time left. "Inner City State Animal Pound. How may we help you?" A voice sounded from the phone. "Yeah, hey. It's Milos. I was doing the round, and I found a runover fox. Should I bring it in?" "How badly is it hurt?" The voice asked again. "Bleeding, slightly unconscious, I think it got grazed by a truck even after it got hit because it couldn't move from the street." "Oh god, get in the truck and drive here immediately." "K then..." The phone clicked, and Milos slid it back into his pocket. Stepping back into the truck, he made his way back to the animal pound.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:53:20 PM by Deeery »