The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: General rant about furries and "art theft", among other things  (Read 360 times)

Offline Daionor

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • blerp
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Margay
  • Coloring: Grey with Black spots
  • Height: 5'5" or thereabout
  • Weight: around 160 lbs. haven't checked in a while :/
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: derping around
General rant about furries and "art theft", among other things
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:24:29 AM »
Okay this has been a long time coming, and I just can't keep it in anymore so I figured I might as well get this out here, since it has a rant section...

What is up with furries and claiming art theft because something looks even remotely similar to something they have seen before?  Tracing is a legitimate way to get better at art, and since it will not look like the original, it is not theft, especially if they got it from somewhere the watermark or whatever was already not there and everything.  It's called GOOGLE IMAGES HAS A LOT OF MODIFIED IMAGES ALREADY.  If they got it from an image search they probably do not know where it is originally from, ESPECIALLY if it has no watermark.  This crap actually caused me to despise furries in general because it was EVERYWHERE I WENT WITH THEM...  You know, even though I am one.

Next on the list is abuse of admin power I have seen in a lot of furries but nowhere near as many other people (and I have known plenty of non-furries).  Why is this so much more prevalent in furries?  In the Skype group "Skype Furries" (yes that is the name), just because someone gave their opinion on a game and one of the admins did not like it, they got chewed out for "whining constantly" even though, that person was being very civil about it, and it was the first time they said it with me there, and the game was brought up before many times with him there.  After the admin decided to threaten to ban him, I decided it was time for me to submit my evidence against the admin, because, as most here will probably agree, that is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY unfair.  however, it backfired in a sense, because at that point, they threatened me and asked me to leave, but I honestly don't care if you are the single lone world leader, I will talk to everyone equally (it has gotten me in trouble a few times irl, mind you).  After arguing with them about their flaws in their arguments, TWO OTHER admins stepped in and supported him.  At that point I was fed up and finally used the first curse word I used in that argument, and the only one before i left, in saying "ITS A F***ING GAME".  and so, yes, after a while of explaining their faulty reasoning one of them decided to say "It seems your time in Skype Furries is at an end.  Goodbye." and so, i admit, before I left before they kicked me I said "whatever ***".

Honestly now.  I understand the whole "furries stick together" thing, but if one of them is clearly in the wrong, standing with them just means you are just as much in the wrong as them.

Rant over until I find something else to rant about, which I undoubtedly will, considering my usual encounters in the fandom at large.
  • Avatar by: Second Life snapshot, cropped by me :v
Yes, I am a male, no matter what my avatar tells you :v

Skype is one of the two following if anyone is interested (please message me with your name on here to make sure i can figure out who is who XD ):
Daionor Nightfall
Godfreid0

two because sometimes one works the other dont, and sometimes vice versa (have yet to hear someone who both work :/ )

fur code: FFW3arw>FW3acdrw A- C->++ D H+++ M P->++++ R+ T++ W Z->++ Sm+ RLU>CT a cn++ d e+ f h i++ j+ p- sm-

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
Re: General rant about furries and "art theft", among other things
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:55:30 AM »
I have to say I completely agree with you on that daionor. Especially the admin part. That's just out of order and quiet frankly gives off the wrong message about us furs.
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline Nicklaus Morgan

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Bone? You have no bone!
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Green, Yellow and Blue
  • Currently: RE6 ftw ^^
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »
That is so true ... Everything you just said is the main reason I'm thinking of leaving the fandom completely ... And plus Bronies seem much more welcoming and usually fight about very stupid stuff like which character is better and who has the better BG history

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 12:13:13 PM »
These aren't problems with the fandom, these are problems with the internet.

Admin abuse is rampant in SO MANY communities including furries, bronies, anime, gaming and so forth, seriously I don't think there's been a single forum anywhere on the internet that doesn't have at least one person claiming admin abuse. Art, music and video theft claims that can potentially be false are seen everywhere also, even with larger cooperation who have been known to take down youtube videos because one of their songs is playing on the radio somewhere in the video in the background. Smaller communities on poetry forums, art forums and music forums will often claim theft if your song/poem/artwork sounds/reads/looks somewhat similar to theirs, and if you actually did take someone video online or something to use a template, many people will often claim theft.

So many people look at the problems within people and blame the fandom that the person is in. So many people claim things like "Furries have lots of drama" or "Furries are perverted people" but they don't realize that hundreds of other communities share these exact same statements! I dare you to name one internet community that doesn't have lots of drama and a lot of internet communities are perverted, especially (I say as an LGBT person) the LGBT community and their websites, sex is considerably more open in these communities and as 70% of the fandom identify as LGBT it's understandable to see that sex would be open in it too.

People who want to leave the fandom to get away from these problems are fresh out of luck, because any community you go to will have similar or the same problems, some even worse than the fandom.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Daionor

• Avid Aardvark
  • blerp
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Margay
  • Coloring: Grey with Black spots
  • Height: 5'5" or thereabout
  • Weight: around 160 lbs. haven't checked in a while :/
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: derping around
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:13:31 PM »
yes anoni, i agree, however, it is far less common in any other group i have seen/been a part of than any furry groups i have gone to.  Heck, the brony fandom (which i am a part of) has plenty of OCs that loof almost identical to mane 6 characters.  however, as long as it is not a mane 6 character, even Hasbro says "okay, have fun".

as for LGBT, i do agree with that (me being a LGBT person too)...  but as i said, the issue is not as rampant as in furries from what i have seen.

honestly i didnt want to leave the fandom though so much as create a new one under a name other than "furries" so that people who were nice and honest and all that could have somewhere they could go to be with like-minded people and not complete butt holes.
  • Avatar by: Second Life snapshot, cropped by me :v
Yes, I am a male, no matter what my avatar tells you :v

Skype is one of the two following if anyone is interested (please message me with your name on here to make sure i can figure out who is who XD ):
Daionor Nightfall
Godfreid0

two because sometimes one works the other dont, and sometimes vice versa (have yet to hear someone who both work :/ )

fur code: FFW3arw>FW3acdrw A- C->++ D H+++ M P->++++ R+ T++ W Z->++ Sm+ RLU>CT a cn++ d e+ f h i++ j+ p- sm-