The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 447 times)

Offline yategiu

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I'm Louis and no I don't spray others.
    • Awards
  • Species: skunk
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: strong although a bit chubby, curvy for a boy
Hello!
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:08:06 PM »
I'm Louis! I'm very new to the furry fandom and even newer here. So far everyone seems very nice and this seems like a very active forum. I'm having some trouble understanding the set up, as I've never done something like this. If any older members would like to help me out that would be very kind!
Super excited to have finally joined!

Offline Kozy

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox :3
  • Coloring: Milk chocolate w/ darker tips, spring green eyes, lighter creamish bib and belly
  • Build: Chibi / slim quadrupedal
  • Currently: Shy / Lonely
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:37:13 PM »
Hi yategiu ^^ welcome to the forums :3

I haven't been around the fandom too long, myself.
The forums are easy enough to get the jist of, as for the fandom, that's a little more complex.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »
The forums are geared towards a community, having been started as a place for virtual world furries to gather. There are forum games that seem to gather most of people's attention and time, a few include counting although many are more creative such as the "quote the avi" game. You can jump into any of these at any time once you have read the first post that includes the rules. (designed to be almost like a group conversation)

Another major portion of the forums is the roleplay section - both a serious section and a fun section. Assuming you know what role play is, you can simply jump into most of these - the first post may include more information or a form to fill out as your "bio" or "character ref".  (designed almost to be like a group conversation)

The rest of the forums are much like any other forum for any other interest. They are informative, and the posts should be kept on topic and add something that hasn't been said already. Afterall, forums were designed to be informational centers where other people share what they know. You will find info on how to be a better artist, how to make a fursuit, and much more in the other parts of these forums. (designed to be similar to yahoo answers. First post is a question, the rest are answers)

Welcome to the fandom and the forums, I hope you like it here. The fandom confused me at first and I slowly learned more, creating a clearer image in my head of what a furry is as time went on. If I had the choice to be new again, I would have spent more time learning and less time trying to teach others.

I must stop my mind from wandering now - see you around!

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »
 Welcome. Welcome, to TFF. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining  social centers. I thought so much of The furry forum that I elected to establish my membership , here, in the website, so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors. I am proud to call TFF my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through to parts unknown, welcome, to  the furry forum. It's safer here.

(If you get it you get cookies)

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.