The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just not feeling it.  (Read 353 times)

Offline J10-O15-N14-N14-Y25

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5'2
  • Currently: tripping on oxygen
Just not feeling it.
« on: June 17, 2014, 06:35:33 AM »
Lately I've been feeling dull and have spent the first two weeks of summer very bored. I'm not depressed about anything I've just had not much to do but it's beginning to get to the point of me being depressed.

There have been a few reasons to be disappointed with  myself but I did other things to make up for that. I'm starting to make electronic genre music and I believe that I have potential but I can only successfully make short tunes, I've tried to finish a song but I was unable for some reason, all I want to do is put my emotions into some work that can inspire others but I can't. I made up for things like this by skiing because it's fun and I'm very good at it but it isn't always cold in Minnesota.

I began[size=78%] [/size]realizing that I'm starting to be interested in furry art and that I'm becoming a furry so I decided to join the fandom to put something interesting in my life, I'm not sure if it will be enough though. I just need some advice or maybe just some interaction because I feel like shit right now.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Just not feeling it.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »
I have a similar thing in terms of music. While I haven't actually created any electronic music, I have created piano music and manuscripts and I find that while I'm playing and improvising the tunes I make sound really good and most of the time others agree. But when I actually put effort in a song, I become too "concerned" and "analytical" about how it sounds and it causes the song to lose the jazz and emotion that it had before. Basically here's the problem

Without thought I can be creative, but it lacks structure and incomplete
With planning I can't be creative, but it's structured and complete.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";