The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ULTIMATE BATTLE ROYAL! The Ultimate beat 'em up of the Year!  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Tezriat

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • "Denying oneself is harmful to both body and soul"
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Japanese Oni
  • Coloring: Deep Red skin, snow white hair, solid black scleras, white irises.
  • Height: 10ft 7in
  • Weight: 398lb
  • Build: Lean, muscular. High muscle density.
  • Currently: At peace with the world.
((Cue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PKg7A8SwcA ))

All across time and space in every dimension and universe where intelligent life exist, their televisions and skies turned a dark blue showing the emblem of the UBR Tournament, images of fighters from every corner of the multiverse fighting one another in the arena flickered across the skies and screens.

The announcer Stands up before the crowds.

"WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AND BEINGS OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN!! TO THE MULTIVERSE'S FIRST EVER ULTIMATE BATTLE ROYAL! STEP RIGHT UP AND CLAIMED THE PRIZE OF THE GRAND CENTURY!"

The crowds roared in response.

"OF YOUR ULTIMATE DESTINY!!!!!"

Yes, Welcome to the Enlistment of the Ultimate Battle Royal! Where the long story like Rp-ing is a thing of the past and more serious yet causal rp-ing can be done! Ready to test your metal folks, think your OC or favorite fighter can reach the top rank and achieve glory? Lets find out!

But First 'Da Rules'

I'mma lay it on you real nice like on the rules and guidelines of the this particular thread; first of and formost I am a very easy-going guy don't expect me to kick you out unless you do something really really bad and I have to call the Mods on you, feel free to PM me about anything or just talk to me on the thread itself I don't mind.

Newbies or just casual players! if you post on the actual thread don't worry about me saying you have to delete it and sign up or what not this thread has infinite amount of space and I'm not going to remove or anything, but It would be nice if you did post your 'Main Character' here in the thread! or PM your character using the usual format... you know the one.

Alright Time for the more serious stuff:

1. Deities/Gods/Superhuman and Immortals are allowed in this forum; However there are basic restrictions I have to place because of this: No GOD MODEs even gods get hurt and bruised or just have their butts handed to them, NO INSTA KILL moves as much fun and cool as those are the UBR tournament doesn't allow those types of moves.

2. Death is not the end! Immortals while immortal can get their bodies destroyed completely if done right but that doesn't mean its the end of your character! The UBR is being kind enough to revive characters after death if it might occur in the tournament, so collab with others with each battle if you want to kill someone in your fight ask them first then role play it out!

3. This is a free Forum, If you wish to have a side conversation on the side of a Main fight between two leading competitors do so, but make sure to state the location of the scene before hand so the others don't get confused.
example: 

--Helios City--

Blah blah blah.

If you are going to have multiple talks make sure to label them accordingly to where they are.  --UBR ARENA-- will be off limits to everyone except the contestants!

4. BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER!! I tolerate a lot of stuff but outright racism, sexism or just being a general asshole will get you reported and ask to leave the thread, there are people on the other side of that screen and I want this to be a fun and friendly forum!

5. Gore and Blood is allowed but if you are going to be extremely detailed about it will not fly too well unless there is a general consensus of wither or not they want that sort of action. So be mindful!

6. If you are going to have Sex, put censor tape over it, If it were me and I was the Admin I wouldn't care if your character did it in gruesome detail but because I am not the Admin; leave it out.

7. Swearing is cool but if you swear like a sailor in the month of June I will have to ask you to leave as it would fall under being a asshole. Plus it makes your character look bad and your grammar skills like a 6 year old.

8. I WANT MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE WITH EACH POST!! I understand if you have writers block but simply being like:

I nodded.

and that's it!? I will ask you to step up your game or leave, I Don't like seeing a block of text and effort put into RPing and seeing one or two words from the other Rper its lazy! LAZY!! USE DEM WRITING SKILLZ YOU GOT FROM SCHOOL DANGIT!

9. Spelling is vital too, use the spell check! <3 if you don't know the word try googling it or looking it up in the Big book of words, I wont care for minor misspelling but if its like you are witting it on a bathroom stall its gone.

10. HAVE FUN!!

You know the drill but just in case I spell it out for you!

Name:

Height:

Weight:

Deity Of(If your character is a god):

Skills (This is your character's main powers here or fighting style):

Weapons:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio/Other/Anything else you'd find interesting to add on:

Human OCs and characters from games, movies, anime, manga and the like are allowed as well but PM me about them first if you are going to use Raiden from Metal Gear kay? Human character are free to join too!

Phew all done!? Lets get cracking!!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:47:27 AM by Tezriat »
"Brother.... " *long silence*

"Hi."

Hiroshima to Tezriat when they see each on vacations.

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Received through special limited time events
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
Re: ULTIMATE BATTLE ROYAL! The Ultimate beat 'em up of the Year!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »
Alright, this role-play thread managed to catch my attention with its easy to follow rules and all.

But I do have a question. Would anything feral be alright in this role-play?
Domo arigato...

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:00:33 AM »
very interesting. never expected to see a fight thread on here........count me in.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Tezriat

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
YOSH!! ((Japanese expression of excitement))

Feral characters are allowed as long as they are able to communicate with others and the UBR staff then I don't see a problem! All fighters across the galaxy and universe will come to fight!!

So go on make your characters up!

"Hi."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
i was about to send a character to you to see if it would be okay.....but accidentally deleted all my work and can't get it back, so i'll send it to you in the morning.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Tezriat

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »
No worries, I know the feeling man. I been to those feels before.

"Hi."

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Received through special limited time events
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »
Alright, here is my bio.

Name: Thamir Noy

Height: 5 ft. 9 in.

Weight: 157 lbs.

Skills: Even though Thamir is feral, he won't immediately lash out, he will try to weaken his opponents with clawing, smacking with his tail, and the occasional bite. Also, like the rest of his kind, he has High agility and Strength, but low durability.

Weapons: Even though Thamir likes to stick to what he was born with, he knows there are moments where he has to use a weapon to even leave a scratch. So, he has weapons like claw coverings made of Titanium for melee. When it comes to range, his kind has the ability to actually spit acidic venom that his fired from two pouches under their tongue. This can often be used as a hidden weapon in a difficult situation.

Appearance: He was born with brown scales and the secondary tan scales that cover his lower jaw, neck, belly and crotch area. He also has black, horizontal stripes that run down his back, outside of his thigh and the outside his arms and hands. His eyes are a light hazel with one black slit running down the middle of them. Like most of his kind, he represents a scaled, feral Velociraptor. He doesn't wear any type of clothing, so he is naked at all times.

Personality: Even though Thamir may be seen as an aggressive animal because of the way he fights and the way he looks, he isn't that bad of a person. He is usually the type of guy that is very monotone. He may occasionally laugh, chuckle, or snicker whenever he hears something funny in his opinion. However, when it comes to making him angry, he won't even bother to deal with it all that much unless the problem is constant issue. Whenever he is around friends, he partially drops the monotone personality and picks up a happy attitude in replacement of the temporarily lost personality because he is grateful that they are at his side once more. Whenever he is surprised by something, he may have the standard response to ask questions or just ignore it afterwards.

Extra 

Why he enlisted: Back on his home planet, Thamir was one of the few of the Karian that were considered "too poor to help". However, once he suddenly saw the UBR tournament emblem in the sky, he instantly knew that he could possibly receive some help from this if he could actually win the tournament, which in his opinion was unlikely. However it was better to try than to stay in an old, abandoned building the was filled with others that were poor. So without a second thought, he immediately enlisted into the tournament after he managed to muster up the courage and "borrow" a few things from the home of other Karians.

Extra Extra:

- Thamir is part of an alien, reptoid species called the Karian. These aliens represent Velociraptors very much, however, their intelligence can match that of a standard human.
- When it comes to being humiliated or embarrassed, Thamir won't try to defend himself, he will simply try to literally walk away from the issue in order to avoid saying something stupid or regrettable.
- He doesn't like talking about how he managed to become one of the few poor Karian on his world as it makes him remember things he wishes he could forget.
- Karian's know multiple languages of neighboring planets and from their education system. This includes Thamir.
Domo arigato...

Offline Tezriat

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: ULTIMATE BATTLE ROYAL! The Ultimate beat \'em up of the Year!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »
Awesome!  XD

I forgot to mention this as I was waiting for more to show up to entise the crowd but the runner up prize in the UBR Tournament is 10 Billion dollars in a currency of their choosing and the Grand winner... well they get to make a wish and no matter how obscure it is to be granted by the owner of the Tournament.

That means anything if you wish to be the ruler of the galaxy then you can! If your wish breaks the laws of your universe then the gods there will have to deal!

It once in A trillion time offer for any universe champion!

Post Merge: May 29, 2014, 10:13:33 PM
If any of you like I can RP with you about how you get to the tournament grounds. But I am just a human so if I'm overwhelmed I might not respond to everyone. Sorry!

Places that are going to be Big when describing where you are:

Lumina City-- The biggest hyper advanced  City you will ever see, it is always night here and constantly busy this is where the UBR Tournament is being held!

Helios Dome-- this is located on the opposite side of the planet Lumina city is on, sun always shines here very green and eco friendly and just as advanced. Some of the best shops are located here if your character is looking for powerful upgrades.

Lobby-- This is the Tournament's lobby and registration sign up is here, it is also where contestant hopefuls can watch matches or spend time together.

Geo-Sphere Hotel-- the largest hotel in the universe its set in, each room is poly geo fiber which allows it to shape itself into any room the guest feels comfortable in, The Hotel's AI's name is Monty and he will answer any questions you might have..

Preliminary Arena-- Runner ups for the next fight fight here, restricted access.

UBR Arena-- This is where the main fight happens and deterimes who goes on in the tournament, Restricted accessOther fighters cannot interfere with any battle goes on they will be ddisqualified if they do. Spectating is allowed.

The Shogi General-- A café and book store where characters can develop bonds and enjoy good drink and foods.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:13:33 PM by Tezriat, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

"Hi."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
i knew i was forgetting something.....

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 11:30:51 PM »
 okay, here's my character

Name: Maximus. S. Shadow

Height: 6’4”

Weight: 88 Kg

Skills: max likes to utilize both hands, his hand like feet and his tail in combat, normally trading  where his swords are mid attack and moving both fluently and acrobatically to attack from all angles rapidly
tribal: in max's childhood years he learned the ways of nature, and the manipulation of natural energy into these basic forms

bow: max is able to summon a black energy bow, the arrows form whenever the bowstring is drawn and each arrow has a small explosion when it hits a target. (max 10 arrows)

blade: a small energy blade that forms out of his palm, used more for more general tasks this blade can easily be used to kill if needed. (only used when not holding swords)

spear: a long 8 foot energy spear, mainly for one time use this spear is launched out of his arm and has a maximum range of 50 feet. can be grabbed and used as a normal staff till it wears out (only get three and they only last two turns)

net: a one use energy net that temporarily paralyses whatever it touches (lasts one turn, second turn anyone effected starts getting feeling back ((hurts a bit and moves slower)), third turn they're back to normal)
shadows: due to the events mid-way through his teens max can use another more powerful form of energy, learning how to use the darkness around him (able to mix abilities for combo's, but only two at any one time. and he can control only as many shadows as he can make out of the shadows around him, using some of the shadows own 'spirit' to help make it easier to control multiples at once)

vision: allows max to see from the shadows around him, giving him no blind spot and greater attention to the world around him (his only way of seeing and used for both sets, he's blind otherwise)

armor/teleport: max is able to pull the shadows around him, solidifying them into armor or a shield stronger than most metals or melding with them to become one himself. (armor is strong but not un-breakable and turning into a shadow/'mist' is only to ether vanish from the fight, dodge more powerful attacks that he wouldn't otherwise dodge or hide for a short time. armor is made of 'dark steel' which is made by using nightscars first ability)

summon: creating living creatures he can control out of mixed shadows and metals around him, the more shadows the more he can either make or the stronger what he makes will be (in a dark room in the middle of the night.......he could either make one omega strength creature, or billions upon billions of weak ones that just swarm the target but in a sun bleached, empty car park....he might be lucky to make a retarded dog)

vocal: he is able to speak to and hear the shadows, enabling him to (as a drastic action) attack the shadow, breaking whatever is attached to it as it breaks (only used for a finisher)

attack: creating large spikes, blades, walls or arms that come out of the shadows and attack, made stronger by infusing them with metal using nightscar. (basic attacking for max, and again it depends on the shadows around him. if there's no shadows he might stab you through the feet but that's about it)

substitute: vanishing from the spot but leaving a clone of himself to take the hit then die. clones only have a half live of a few seconds at most. (can only use for near un-dodgable attacks)

'possessed' form: his eyes turn black and his body seems to give off a blackish dark purple smoke, his body becoming like armor (increases all shadow powers by 10 X, only lasts 10 turns and needs 3 to charge but is only used when he is extremely emotional or about to die. also leaves him on the verge of death and completely defenseless when it wears off)

Weapons:
four swords of varying length made by and for his people, each can redirect or absorb energy based attacks while the rare metal remains near indestructible and forever sharp after it's forged, and able to transform into a stronger form when willed due to the not fully known properties of the unique metal (can wield all four at once but only the one that's in second form if ones released)

lith: the whole two foot blade, hilt and sheath are various shifting shades of blue and green with specs of red and yellow.
 second form: lith is able to change into an 8 foot lance made up of self-rotating sections covered in petal shaped 'teeth' making the lance basically a giant drill bit. also covering up to the shoulder in what looks like leaves and flowers but is actually more blades forming armor plating on the arm
 second form power: able to manipulate and generate wood in various ways (no effect on player controlled wooden things)

nightscar: a four foot long black blade with a blood red cutting edge, mixed red and black sheath and hilt.
 first form power: able to mix metal around him into his shadows, combining them into 'dark steel', meaning it makes shadows unaffected by light)
 second form: the blade melds to the wielders arm, forming into plate armouring that seems to be covered in dark purple smoke and large bladelike claws.
 second form power: able to manipulate and form metal using the minerals around him (doesn't work on other peoples weapons)

genth: only 6 inches long, purple with shades of black and grey through it, the sheath and hilt.
 first form power: creates its own poison, a lethal mix that brings pain and soon death. it also makes the antidote. (takes five turns to kill)
 second form: it can change into a large blade with a central free-floating grip surrounded by a ring the blades spin around. both ends split into two and turn, forming a sort of rounded H shape, the grip able to spin the blade around it and provide its own momentum making it able to move more like a self-propelled wheel, defending itself with retractable spikes around the grip.

shina: four foot long, red, orange and yellow with a blue and purple grip, this blade is said to be the solid form of fire itself.
 first form power: can manipulate and absorb fire and heat (only for blocking and deflecting)
 second form: in it's second form it becomes living fire, creating flaming armor up the wielders arm that holds the ever changing ball of fire that can become any weapons the wielder has knowledge of, energy based or not. (only used in 'possessed' form and causes harm till the fight ends due to burn damage. more severe the longer it's in second form)
 second form power: generate near limitless amounts of fire from it's being, able to focus this fire into solid forms.

Appearance: Eyes: clouded over and pale mostly, but in spots their former bright yellow is still visible if you get close

Distinctive Features: covered in black scales with a pale creamy yellow underbelly. he has a strong tail and faintly visibly tribal scars all up his left arm, over his shoulders and on part of his back, his right arm covered in feint burn marks.

Clothes / Armour: normally he wears a pair of long shorts and a t-shirt. Under his shirt he wears a modified holster with four magnets held in place on his back. These magnets match up to four in a small bag that contains a pocket dimension where he stores his weapons

Personality: quiet and casual normally, only really choosing to talk when he has something to say....or feels like being a smart ass.... he's smart and cunning, liking to learn other people while only using as much power as he needs to when fighting. when driven hard in battle he tends to touch on insanity with his fighting style.

Background: born within a tribe of his own kind max took to his role naturally, being high born within the tribe and the next in line for command of the warriors he would spend great amounts of time hunting and training. it was when he was still no older than 16 that he encountered a stranger from another race in his hunting grounds, he approached the intruder quietly, wanting to learn why they were beyond the borders of their own people’s land.
The stranger mistook his curiosity for an attempt to kill them and threw pollen from a dangerous plant in his face when he went to speak, catching him off guard and leaving him blind and in pain as the rest of his hunting group came in response to his cries. They easily captured the intruder and took it and max back to the village, the intruder was executed by the queen’s order. it was months later that max started being able to see through the shadows and gain his powers,  taking up arms in the defence of his home against a race bent on taking advantage of the natural resources of the world.

As the war went on he learned more, using his power to avenge his fallen clan mates. till yet another part of him died, his soon to be life mate died in his hands, sending him into a blind rage that near cost him his life. Calling on all his power he slaughtered anyone who stood in his way, enemy or not until he finally passed out. When he awoke he was banished, deemed too dangerous to the tribe. He later learned that they lost, his home world left charred and dead, and himself the only known survivor of his race.

he was banished from the tribe, feared to be possessed. the tribe was wiped out in less than a year after, leaving him, as far as he knows, the last of his race.
Other:
Race: techne
 A race of anthro lizards that are the dominant spices on a planet rivalling the size of Jupiter. Spending most of their lives in the trees or water covering the planet they are usually quite agile and flexible, helping them hunt with the superior sense of smell that comes with their forked tongue, though they have slightly weaker hearing their ability to mentally see the scents in the air around them helps hide it. The higher gravity on their home world also makes them stronger and faster in lower gravities, also giving them denser, harder to break bone structures   

Max’s shadow powers come from a symbiotic alien that has been surviving in his bloodline since his grandfather found it. It lives inside him as a part of him and both would die if the two were separated. It passes itself on by implanting its children inside the children of its host.