The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice please!  (Read 361 times)

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
Advice please!
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »
My friend has been making a complete jerk out of herself! She has a boyfriend and yet she constantly hangs on her "friend" well this friend started having more unsavory thoughts and wanted to have sex with her, which upset me. So I went to her. I told her she needed to stop hanging on him, before people started to go around and start rumors and then other people went to her boyfriend and try to ruin their relationship.

She went and told her aunt I was trying to break them up. Her aunt jumps on me over Facebook calling me a horrible friend and saying I would never break up my friend and her boyfriend, but I never attempted in the first place. I'm so upset with her because I was trying to help her. I was trying to help her not look like a whore, and trying to help her keep her relationship intact.

What should I do since she feels this way?

Live Laugh and have FUN
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: doing good
Re: Advice please!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:42:11 AM »
When a person (friend) betrays you, leave them to rot. Just tell them "goodbye" and just leave them. She obviously isn't your friend so just leave. (Not saying you can't still help her but she if she hates you for helping her then don't be her friend because she doesn't trust you.
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 12:10:07 PM »
Nixon is spot on. That's the beginning of a bad, possibly abusive friendship. Its time to leave her to the dogs. You can't stop people from digging their own graves.
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »
I can't say I don't agree because I do agree. I just don't want to do that to her.

Live Laugh and have FUN

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 12:18:42 PM »
Let that be your last option, the one that Nixon suggested. I think the reason she lashed out at you like that was, perhaps, there was a bit of truth to your words and although you were giving helpful advice, she may of saw it as you telling her what to do or you saying she was doing something wrong. It's a case of where constructive criticism is taken as simple criticism, which isn't a good thing on her part. My advice though, it's a very volatile situation, so I think you should leave it, you have to be careful when you help someone and when you don't, some people simply won't accept help and don't want help. In that case there's not much you can do, you don't have to drop her as a friend, but it might be better if you leave the issue alone. Even if you see it going down a bad path, if she isn't willing to accept your help, then there's not much you can do.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »
Thank you, that sounds like a better option

Live Laugh and have FUN

Offline Salix

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Rufus
  • Coloring: Crimson and black
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Fit
  • Currently: Napping probably.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 02:27:55 AM »
Yeah, I'll agree with that.  While I usually dislike the term "wait and see" that's pretty much the option.  Don't get involved and perhaps distance yourself.  Not entirely, but enough so there would be no collateral damage if any were to occur.
And she had to learn from her own mistakes.
There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Trigahex

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »
I imagine you just cant do anything. till she learns her lesson let her make a fool of herself.

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Self proclaimed AK god for the next hour or so.
    • Awards
  • Species: SeaWolf
  • Coloring: Gray with white skull
  • Height: 5'11/180cm
  • Weight: Wouldn't you like to know?
  • Currently: Holy applesauce I still exist here.
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 06:48:34 PM »
Ultimately, those things are her choices, and I'm going to sound like the broken record here, just say, "see ya." Let her live the consequences, but if she realizes she made the mistakes and comes back to you, greet her with open arms and help if possible.
  • Avatar by: Not me, that's for sure.
In the depths lies the thing that should not be.

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 06:50:59 PM »
Update: we stopped talking. She admitted taking things too far. Now we just aren't talking for now. (To be honest I don't want to talk to her she pissed me off.) the situation is now contained though, thank you for the advice guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 11:20:18 PM »
My sister used to do this and it never ends well. Just let her make the mistakes, you can't convince them anyways, not at that age. If this is a good friend, she will come back when the next dark time comes up in her life.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer