The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Enigir Shosa - Hyperion (Warning: Violent Battles)  (Read 938 times)

Offline Whitepaw Niniichi/Enigir Shosa

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
  • Species: A native Australian Dingo!
  • Coloring: Hazel eyes, messy dark brown head hair, orange and white body fur.
  • Height: I keep forgetting~! Heh...
  • Weight: I keep not checking...ehhhheheheh...
  • Build: Lithe, athletic features lent to me by a few years of competitive cycling. Not much clearly defined musculature but I have big legs!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: What is worse - to think too much or not enough? Both seem abhorrent...
Enigir Shosa - Hyperion (Warning: Violent Battles)
« on: May 16, 2014, 04:15:31 AM »
     A quick note before I begin: Any and all tales under this name refer to Enigir Shosa the Character himself, and in very little to no way represent Enigir Shosa the RP'er~
Feel free to leave comments~

The bar was a dingy bar - the light was low and there was a haze in the air which was yet to have its source identified. There was a pleasant hubbub which somehow complimented the music which an elderly Lion couple were playing in the background. Predatory species of all kinds frequented this bar but it was not uncommon to see the odd prey anthro coming in for a drink. The bar - called The Liquid Blaze - was equipped with a Hunter's Board so that the passing Hunter could take on a job. A few black and the odd red clad Hunter lounged around a table nearest the Board and waited for an idiotic looking wolf man to stop hogging the view.
     "Stop playin' Hun'er kid, we men of business got our jobs to do." One of them said, his voice rough.
     "Aw, leave the kid be an' finish yer drink." Another replied.
     "Yeah, finish drinkin' the last job's pay!" A third piped up, and much to the first Hunter's annoyance pretty much everyone within earshot laughed. The kid in question ignored them - they were preoccupied with bagging each other - and flicked his red scarf over his shoulder a little more, looking up, down, this way and that. Nothing took to the white wolf's tastes. A pretty barmaid sauntered up to the Board with a tray of drinks and a paper slip in hand. The white wolf turned and gave her his warmest smile.
     She smirked at him and struck an "eyes off, puppy" pose. The white wolf beamed disarmingly at her and then play-pouted. She chuckled.
     "Boy you're too young to try and play with this," The white wolf frowned for real this time.
     "Just because I'm not a grizzly fossil like those old geezers doesn't mean I'm a little kid. Sure I look like a tall pup but I'm actually of age," He offered, quietly so the Hunters he was insulting didn't hear and beat him for the slight. "Enigir. Your name - I didn't catch it."
     "What clan are you from...?" The barmaid asked, her eyes narrowing. The Shosa clan was known to be exceptionally pretty and physically refined. It was a clan Enigir no longer wished to (or could afford to) be associated with. he shrugged instead.
     "Abandoned at birth," He offered. Why did every interesting woman see him as some cute kid...? Enigir's tortured thoughts trailed off as he noticed the slip of paper the Barmaid was carrying. He eagerly snatched it from her hand. It was...was... "Perfect~!"
     "What's that? Ya score a date little kid? Cute." The Hunters all grinned.
     "No, this job!" Enigir happily exclaimed. "A Hyperion hunt...hellz yayuh, I'm qualified for this!" Enigir bounced happily up to the main counter and made to process the job request as all the hunters and the Barmaid dropped their jaws.

Hyperion were known in the country as the Dragon Kings. Although with skin like leather and not scales, nor wings, they were capable of some incredibly powerful magic and their bones could be ground to a powder and infused with anything without losing any magic by an unreasonable factor. They did not, however, breed very often and only when they went bat butt crazy and became a threat to society did they warrant Hunters Slips. The typical Hyperion also bore the capacity to burn through stone with its focused magi-breath attack.
     Enigir hummed happily as he sauntered through a forest of pines up towards the mountain which the irritable Hyperion might hurl blazing boulders from occasionally. Above him the grey clouds and chill air dropped snowflakes slowly down by and a bit in front of him. He wondered...
     The Shosa clan was rumored to be wreathed in snowflakes wherever they went. The rumour started in the area over which the Shosa clan ruled. The hardest times were always the winters and sure enough those who were struggling with illness or supply shortage would receive from nobody less than an actual Shosa blood-bearer whatever they needed - but nothing more - to survive. The Shosa clan would also punish those who deserved it in the winter months. Only in the season of discontent could the coldest, most apt punishment be given to those who dared threaten the Shosa clan and its territorial subordinates. Enigir had once been charged with the execution of a group of drug dealers hiding within the territory when he had been but barely an adolescent. With cold fury in his strong but infantile body he marched towards the offending encampment with a ceremonial execution sword in hand. he had quickly and efficiently slain the ringleaders first, then the subordinates, and then what users and abusers were there that his older sisters and brothers were not ferreting out themselves. All that from just a child, barely a third of the height of his enemies...
     Enigir had stopped walking. He came to himself crying, the snow slowly marching on ahead of him. He tapped the leg of his pants and felt his concealed custom katana beneath the fabric. With his blade still there he nodded quietly to himself. There was no point slapping himself and forcing normality upon his actions - he was alone. He soothed himself, comforted his wild thoughts. Out loud he said with a shaking voice:
     "It's okay...I don't have to kill anyone ever again. No good people, no bad people...hell I can quit this job right now and go marry a cute girl from somewhere...no. This job will save lives. Only at the cost of a beast's..." Enigir drew himself up and took a deep breath, relief flooding into his mind and stress from out of his lungs. "Let's do this."
     The hiking was difficult as the land rose into the form of a mountain. As Enigir approached the barren, grey stone hill he noticed that the grass was browning and dying, the trees stopping altogether. His eyes widened. The Hunters Job Commission was lagging behind, this was Hyperion nesting behavior! Enigir swore - his opponent was a nesting mother! Never mind the raging bull he was expecting. he pushed down the fear. He would let it out after the battle, when it was no longer relevant. But he needed to use his brain with this. If the Hyperion had already laid her eggs then he might have a number of enemies to deal with. he took a deep breath and stole himself for the incredibly stupid move he was about to pull.
     Enigir charged. No roar nor battlecry, but simply from no to go as quickly as possible. His training as a Shosa clansman paid off. Paffpaffpaffpaffpaff went his bare feet against the cruel and cold stones. Out of the falling snow came Enigir as the incline grew steeper still. Paffpaffpaffpaffpaff! Enigir slowly had his hands make their leisurely way to his blade. Although he could have accelerated it would have cut his timing and that might be dangerous - deadly even. As his feet raked the ground twice every second Enigir reached the pommel of his blade - just as the mouth of the Hyperion's cave loomed.
     With a demonic, bloodthirsty shriek his blade was drawn, the metal scraping against the sheath. A hatchling Hyperion jetted above Enigir and he angled his blade and pushed off against the ground. He sliced through its meek body and continued upwards. The Mother Hyperion's head loomed above and Enigir, his altitude suddenly slowing, lashed out with his bloodied, custom red katana and slit the mother Hyperion's throat. It roared and made to burn things but with its magical power it simply blew its own head off with a fiery internal explosion. Enigir was caught in the blast and he threw a leg over the other, spinning uncontrollably. In the flashes of the enemies he could discern he angled his blade once more, bringing it in, and made the best landing he could.
     A Shosa's best was more than good enough; Enigir landed beautifully on both feet as the two bits of another infant Hyperion hatchling were made and sent into the four remaining hatchlings. Enigir waited a second for the sensation of dizziness to overwhelm him and, still dizzy but able to gauge how he was feeling against how normality felt, angled his blade once more and dashed forward sixteen steps. The four remaining Hyperion hatchlings all exploded in a shower of blood.
     Enigir fell on his side, panting. Fights were never as long as the movies made out and hell they tired one out... His vision fogged. He focused on his breathing and, after a painfully long half hour was finally able to stand. He turned to look at the snow, at the trees, at the beautiful grassy hills which led to the now quiet little village. Enigir smiled, but his heart was guilty. he looked at the carnage he had created. The smell of death was already upon the site. Enigir sighed. Making towards the edge of the incredibly steep cave entrance he hopped lightly off, his scarf waving about madly, and tobogganed down to the grass on his rump.

"You uh...you saved us all," the pretty Barmaid said to Enigir as he leaned back on his chair and drank the manly, manly lemonade he had ordered. He gave her a happy smile. "You handled yourself much better than all those other Hunters do around here...too..."
     "I tried," he said modestly. She lingered at the table despite the protestations of the other two tables wanting drinks.
     "If there's any way I could..."
     "There is." Enigir said quietly. The pretty Barmaid shivered excitedly. Enigir brightened considerably as he took his sword - which had been leaning against the wall - and laced it in its hidden sheath. "I uh...haven't collected my fee yet so I'm still pretty penniless! Put my foods and my drinks on the bar tabs please?"
     With that, the apparently tactless young wolf planted a gentle kiss on the bewildered barmaid's cheek and bolted. She literally dropped her tray of drinks and glasses as she made to the open door. Enigir was already halfway down the street as she shouted after him:
     "ENIGIR YOU CHEEKY SWINE! I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD ON THAT JOB BOARD~!" And Enigir ran, laughing, into the woods as the barmaid bellowed and the Hunters Association Cleanup Squad made to the magically charged bones in the faraway cave...

Ah~ so ends another misadventure of that adorably cheeky swine, Enigir. Hope you enjoyed the read all, don't forget to tell me what ya thought! ALSO! I may be deleting or at least altering "Enigir Shosa - The First Tale" sometime in the future...we'll see. Until then, KANPAI! (Cheers in Japanese)
  • Avatar by: I am by and large responsible for my own artwork.
  • Signature art by: Moderator Mr. Razot for the FDF logo! YAY MR. RAZOT!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!