The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: There's a point where it goes too far, and you are impaled...  (Read 314 times)

Offline ENOJI Kengura

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • http://jpst.it/DI-i Password: TFF
    • DeviantArt
    • Fur Basket
    • Awards
  • Species: Aakor (Wolf with Wings)
  • Coloring: Gray Base, Ears are gray at the bottom but fades to blue, which fades to black. My tail has a is gray base also, with a blue grid to it and blue dots in it
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 120 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, Slim
  • Currently: my happy attitude is not for everyone, so beware, cause i dont care! ^^
What I mean by the title is that my parents(my mom to be exact) are becoming extremely abusive, saying things to me like (while I was crying): "I don't feel bad for you, daddy doesn't feel bad for you, NO ONE feels bad for you!" and "I hope u have a kid who stresses the hell out of you!" All of this, because of my grades. It got to the point where I was just crying in the restroom in a ball... With the door locked...Then all of a sudden, my mother acts as if nothing happened and started laughing with my sister....

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
(I'M A (rp) PILOT!)

Offline hdrgn

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: There's a point where it goes too far, and you are impaled...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:25:47 AM »
My goodness  D: im so sorry that happened to you

Offline BoonieFox

• Avid Aardvark
  • Super Dooper Blooper Trooper
    • Awards
  • Species: Hipster Fox
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 149 lbs
  • Build: Skinny
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »
I feel ya'. I struggled with my grades starting back in 4th grade - I would start the year off strong, then plummet. For nearly eight years I was constantly lectured by my teachers and my parents about my grades - and they said pretty much the same thing, in a different way. I had to go to summer school, and take a few classes again after school a couple times, and I had to pay for the fees. All I can say is that, as long as you can keep your grades at passing levels, then you'll eventually graduate - and once you graduate, nobody can say anything, because you'll have done it.

My parents can do the whole "on-off" thing pretty darn good too - I guess it's a parent thing.
Acta Non Verba

Offline Marcus

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • This user has left!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 04:26:58 PM »
I know what you mean.

When I lived with my mother, she always said I was going to be a failure because I made bad grades. I still passed every year, but none the less, she assumed that not making a perfect on the ACT, or having straight A's and being the most obedient slave she could muster was setting me up for failure in life. (I moved out 2 years ago in May to live with my father.)

Now I make the same amount of money she does and have better benefits and insurance for much MUCH cheaper. I am happy, and quite content with my lifestyle and living area.

Just because she or others don't support you doesn't mean that it will be bad for you. All you need is your own approval, and a little friendly support now and then. And if I have learned anything, this forum is a good place for that.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
Grades don't mean too much, as long as you're getting enough to get by. (Employers will barely question your GPA)

If it makes you feel better, Mark Zuckenberg and Bill Gates never graduated uni. Thomas Edison never even had a single bit of formal education.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline hdrgn

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 05:59:41 PM »
I will be surprised if i even graduate high scool

Offline ENOJI Kengura

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • http://jpst.it/DI-i Password: TFF
    • DeviantArt
    • Fur Basket
    • Awards
  • Species: Aakor (Wolf with Wings)
  • Coloring: Gray Base, Ears are gray at the bottom but fades to blue, which fades to black. My tail has a is gray base also, with a blue grid to it and blue dots in it
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 120 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, Slim
  • Currently: my happy attitude is not for everyone, so beware, cause i dont care! ^^
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »
Thank you all for the advice....I really appreciate it. :)

(I'M A (rp) PILOT!)