The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I entered the Swimsuit contest on IMVU ,help put a furry on the wall of fame.  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Empress_Bleeding_Rose

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Love me, if you dare!
    • Awards
  • Species: Vixen
  • Coloring: Red
  • Height: 5'2
  • Weight: 10st 5lbs
  • Build: Athletic
Hello my fellow furries,

I have entered myself into the IMVU swimsuit contest, I havent heard of a furry winning a IMVU contest before, I would like to be the first furry to win or to join other furries if there have been winners in the past.

Please vote for me, make my dreams come true, hopefully if I win more furries will join the contests.

http://www.imvu.com/contest/index.php?contest=2&cid=11858747&eid=291
Be who you want to be......be free.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Sorry, I don't plan on voting or entering the contest. I've already had people telling me to vote for them in the contest and and also to relay it to my friends. I say win fairly and that'll make the best impact.

Offline EQINOX

• Boisterous Bear
    • EQINOX @ IMVU
    • Awards
  • Species: FOX / KITSUNE
  • Coloring: HELLFIRE / SILVER FOX / RED FOX
  • Height: UNOWN
  • Weight: UNOWN
  • Build: NORMAL
 I say win fairly and that'll make the best impact.

I have entered this contest to :D  but vosur i understand what your saying but the thing is every one is doing this so the only way for it to be a fair contest is if we also start to advertise our entrys.

Even tho i dont tell people to vote for me i would be gratefull if they were to stop by my IMVU HP and vote and if i win i will donate some of the creds to the FF.
 (click banner for my page)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 07:25:11 PM by EQINOX »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
Erm... wrong person... Voker is someone else.

Vosur is me.

Offline EQINOX

• Boisterous Bear
    • EQINOX @ IMVU
    • Awards
  • Species: FOX / KITSUNE
  • Coloring: HELLFIRE / SILVER FOX / RED FOX
  • Height: UNOWN
  • Weight: UNOWN
  • Build: NORMAL
Erm... wrong person... Voker is someone else.

Vosur is me.

lol sorry dang typo but fixed now :)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
Strange thing is that there is someone name Voker... and I do believe I'm in one of her contests.

ephemral

the thing is every one is doing this so the only way for it to be a fair contest is if we also start to advertise our entrys.

That doesn't make it any more fair.
What Vosur likely meant when he said "I say win fairly" was to win on your own merit.
Do a good job instead of asking for a hand out.

Or

For some one to abuse a contest in that way destroys the spirit of the game and creates a negative experience for both the participants
and the creator of the contest. However much of fair play this is regarding the fact that this is actually allowed is
irrelevant considering the common values associated with an effortless victory.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Besides, asking people to vote on your entry is merely campaigning. Politicians do it all the time. Asking people to vote doesn't make a win unfair. Telling people to vote a specific way is unfair. Blackmailing is unfair, saying that someone has to vote a certain way "or else...". Everyone else who entered is just as capable of posting their links as well, and people they get to vote don't necessarily have to vote them a 10.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
Leaving a link to where you left your entry in the swimsuit contest would have been nice, letting people know that you entered would have been more than good enough to notate that you took up the chance of being in there.

I just don't like people "asking to be voted 10" or voted best to win something.