The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Unlikeliest of Places  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Delete me

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: The Unlikeliest of Places
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 05:14:15 PM »
Muffinz practiced for several minutes longer until a sudden burst of wind knocked him down.  Looking up he realized that what at first seemed like a small storm had transformed into a violent and dangerous whirlwind.  Quickly scampering to his feet and heading towards the woods screaming out, "Luna get to the woods!"  The trees howled above but not far off was a cave.  He decided to take refuge here until the storm passed.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2014, 08:37:18 PM »
*Zack notices the winds picking up* "Hmmm, quite right... Well lucky for you, we seem to be looking for adventure. Please lead on. Are you coming with, Ms. Maine?" *I say as I start to follow Helios to his nearby camp*

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2014, 01:06:44 AM »
"In this weather I'm not we have much of a choice but to follow!" Maine pulled her on her hood, her ears never faired well against such bitter weather. "But sure! What's a little heroism here and there? Lead on!" Maine was still a little uneasy about the whole thing, But with the looks of the weather she still had plenty of time to work things out.
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2014, 05:35:29 AM »
Without turning to see if the two furs followed him Helios made for the camp in no time flat. As he got there he saw Muffinz heading into a cave. Scooping up Luna who was foolishly standing her ground, into his arms he followed Muffinz into the cave and beckoned Soria and the other two to follow in side. "Hurry the creature mustn't see us or we are doomed!" The Wind began to howl, lightning flashed across the sky and struck the very ground all around the three furs still outside. Helios frowned as he saw a large purple head come out of the clouds. It opened it's large and mighty maw and lightning spilled forth striking the ground powerfully creating scars in the earth. The creature flew overhead it's large black and purple body twisting and turning in flight as it's purplish-blue eyes searched for something.

Several hours passed before the storm subsided and the sky cleared. Helios had never been so afraid in his life though he certainly didn't show it. "I apologize for that. I didn't think my family would be so hellbent on taking me back." Sighing he looked to the four furs who'd joined him now. "What you saw... Is something I thought until last night to only be a tale my family used to scare me into line. That was Azerious the Northern Dragon and one of four who are tied to this world and it's well being. If he is truly under their control then I can only assume the other three belong to other groups as well. But don't trouble yourself with thoughts of him right now. For now how about you introduce yourself and let's talk among ourselves. We will be traveling together for a while so let's get to know each other no?" Helios flashed a smile something he wasn't known for and sat on the floor of the cave setting to work to start a fire. Relaxing he drew his dagger and began to sharpen it with a whet stone from his pack one of the few ways he could honestly relax.
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline Delete me

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2014, 03:50:44 AM »
Muffinz stared in awe at the massive beast, dominating the sky in its glory.  Lightning struck the ground not far from where Muffinz was standing causing him to run into the cave out of sight, and out of harms way.  "What in the world is that?" Exclaimed muffinz.

After Helios explained to the encampment the horrors of the beast, Muffinz began to doubt himself, wondering just how dangerous this mission would truly be. 

While the others conversed Muffinz sat further away from everyone else not talking.  When asked for his name he simply replied, "All I've got is an old nickname, muffinz but think nothing of it".  "And you?"

Offline Tayy

• Avid Aardvark
  • Luna
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: White and Crimson
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 108 lbs
  • Currently: Foxy-foxying
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »
((I'm back everyone! I'm sorry if I kept y'all waiting too long. I was at a convention this weekend, and worked last night <3 ))

Luna grumbled when her husband lifted her from where she stood, so swift and easily. She pouted the entire way into the cave despite the lightning that had crashed around the group. As the introductory conversations began, she sat a little closer to the entrance of this cavern. The darkness, besides the fire that Helios had begun, was comforting to her, but not in a confined space. She fidgeted a bit and settled for sitting on her heels. She turned to the group with a half smile. "My name is Luna," she murmured. "If you'd like to know anything, you can ask. I have naught to hide. Oh, and the only thing I'll add, as long as you don't go attacking us or betraying us, know that Helios and I will protect you if the instance arises... to the best of our abilities," she turned back to the outside, staring at the destruction that the beast and its storm had done. Such a shame... destruction to this beautiful land.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »
*Zack drew his sword and whispered a few lines in Nordic, which caused various runes on his armor to begin to glow faintly as they fled from the beast. His pelt cape flew behind him, revealing his armor to his new companions in the process. They made it to the cave, where he watched the destruction outside. He then introduced himself to the rest of the group, who can now tell he is a knight. After the destruction concluded, he frowned at the dismal sight outside.* "A criminal family who owns a dragon, who is magically bound to do what they say... Well, that is no good. You have a plan to deal with this beast, yes? I'm happy to help, but I am no dragon slayer. I'd rather avoid fighting a dragon head on. Only a fool would try such a thing..."

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2014, 09:16:32 AM »

The energy in the air has changed, she thought. It seemed charged with potential energy. She looked towards the sky, a large, ominous cloud hung above them, writhing and turning as though it were alive. As Maine looked on, a bellowing clap of thunder lit the darkened sky; above the clouds she saw monumental silhouette. A giant pair of wings. A surge of adrenaline rushed through her body, never in her travels had she seen a creature so colossal. She spurred onward. In front of her she could see the other furs also hasten their pace.
Helios called back something, but his voice was washed away in the wind. 

Soon Maine could see the opening of a cave, she didn't hesitate to dive inside, away from giant prying eyes. There were two other furs here, she knew none of these people, but she felt safety in numbers.
She wasn't keen on starting conversation under the circumstances. Maine instead spent her time transferring the lingering heat from the lighting strike into a boulder in the cave, one paw to the ground the other on the stone. They might as well stay warm. The energy given off by lightning always intrigued her; So hot, it almost felt cool. The image of the creature behind the cloud continued to flash in her mind.
It wasn't long before Helios piped up, explaining the situation. Maine's heart sank; a dragon. What had they gotten themselves into?
The rest of the furs continued, introducing themselves one by one; Muffinz, and Luna she remembered, Zack and Helios she already knew. The cat was yet to speak. Maine took the opportunity to make herself heard. It was settling to see that Zack also had questions as to the predicament.

"Maine the Wanderer, gifted with transmutation, bound to nowhere or no one. Pleased to meet you all."
She gave a small bow to each, and did not hesitate to back up Zack's queries.
"So Helios, you are tied the Scopes? Family you say? What exactly are we doing out here?"
So could not help the air of worry  in her voice.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2014, 07:26:12 PM »
"We are removing the Scopes family from this world or rather the man who really runs the show. But to do that we must first head south to a city called Genlock. There a man named Theritin lives, in a belief that he owns the city. He runs the supply train for the Scopes Gang. As for Azerious, I can only hope that we never have to face him in combat. But I digress let us get a move on, Genlock is a fortnights travel from here by foot and the first few days will be rough."

With that Helios headed into the storm that still ravaged the land surrounding where Azerious had visited the night before. Helios wouldn't let a small storm stop him though. He never looked back to see if the others would follow. He knew Luna would catch up to him soon and Muffinz seemed to admire Luna so no doubt he would follow as well. Zack and Maine seemed like they could go either way, but he had faith they would follow him for a time at least. It was Soria he worried about the most. Soria had her own agenda and it was one Helios had a feeling he wouldn't be able to keep her from.

Dismissing the thought all he could think about was how he had no clue what he would do once he actually got to Genlock. Perhaps it would fall into place, but he couldn't rely on fate forever.
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline Delete me

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
(Sorry it's been so long, I had a busy week)

After introducing himself to the group he sat back down in the corner sharpening his daggers.  The storm subsided without the presence of the dragon but continued to rage nonetheless.  Helios, seemingly fearless, swiftly got up and continued out in the storm beckoning the others to follow.  Muffinz got to his feet and began to follow, unsure of what was to come.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »
Soria had arrived in the cave before Helios and their two new companions, but she stayed in the background, resting herself as much as possible. When Helios finally decided to move forward through the storm, she sighed and followed him out. However, she had no interest in getting wet so she took a seed out of her cloak and placed it in her hood. The cat unholstered her wand and placed the top of it against her hood and used her mixed magic, forcing it to grow a large leaf over her head, keep her nice and dry.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »
*Zack wraps his pelt cloak around himself and flips the hood over his head as well. Covered, dry, and warm, he follows the group out of the cave* "Count me in, then. I came seeking adventure, and then it found me. Works for me!"

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2014, 09:29:48 AM »
Maine followed close behind Shadis, she felt that the group had potential, even if it had not been fully realised.
Travelling was what she enjoyed most, so for now, that is what she would do with the group.