The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mtf op  (Read 291 times)

Offline NekoPrincessAmaya

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Meow, yarn is the best.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bombay cat
  • Coloring: dark black fur. blue eyes,
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 106lb
  • Build: skinny
  • Currently: depressed wishing i could disappear and never exist, or get amenisa
Mtf op
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
Next month i am flying to cali to start my operation and ive been really scared about ive been ordering my hormons from a website called in house pharmacy and its been doing alot of good and im really happy and all but im so scared that it will hurt getting this opperation and also i have a issue with my voice changing over to a more femine sound and i dont know what to do im scared after i get the operation completely people will know and threat me diffrent and getting my degree and finding jobs in my field will be harder because they will know.  and i love talking to people i really do  but i'm normally shy because i don't like my voice.:'(
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:34:20 PM by NekoPrincessAmaya »
Meow, give me yarn or a fish and i'll be your friend for life.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
Re: Mtf op
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 11:10:34 PM »
Don't worry about it. Most people won't know unless you tell them. This means you won't have to tell complete strangers. Now as for people who do or will know you on a more personal level yeah you are gonna have to tell them eventually, but ease into it. Yes this is a major life decision, but as long as you are calm when you tell people they won't make a huge deal about it. This is a big change and as long as you accept it in time so to will others. Now at first maybe people will treat you different, but that will stop naturally. The big thing there is you can't treat yourself differently. You have to act as though nothing has changed because in reality if this is truly what you want then the only thing will change is that you have more comfort in your body. This is a major operation so most likely they will be using anesthetics to knock you out during the operation so you won't feel a thing. So in short just relax and don't let this be such a big deal in your mind and you will be fine. You have all of us behind you <3
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline NekoPrincessAmaya

• Vibrating Furby
  • Meow, yarn is the best.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bombay cat
  • Coloring: dark black fur. blue eyes,
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 106lb
  • Build: skinny
  • Currently: depressed wishing i could disappear and never exist, or get amenisa
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:26:14 AM »
Thanks and i know i just get really scared esay thats one of my biggest flaws i worry and get scared pretty esay.
Meow, give me yarn or a fish and i'll be your friend for life.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 12:28:19 AM »
I know what you mean I'm the same way
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 03:27:27 AM »
You can do it!
*Cheer*
wired as right now

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 10:19:03 PM »
Like Shiro said, you've got the support of your fellow furs. :) And yes, for a surgery like that, you'll most definitely be under some kind of anesthetic, so you won't feel a thing.

The most important thing is to follow what you truly feel is right. If you know that it's what you want for yourself, then nobody can stop you. If people are put off by you, then it's really their problem, not yours. Just brush them off and concentrate on the people who will love you for who you are.

I definitely understand what it's like to be worried about what others with think. But it's not their body, it's yours. And you can do with it what you wish. And afterwards, I'm sure you'll feel great. :) It may be jarring at first, but once you get used to it, I have no doubts that you'll be much more comfortable and confident with yourself.

Remember, we're all here for you. If you ever need to talk, you've got an entire fandom full of friends that will do our best to help you through any struggle you may face.