The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furriness and Sexuality.  (Read 6264 times)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Furriness and Sexuality.
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2014, 11:39:57 PM »
Honestly this kind of talk is gonna cause more drama than what this thread has seen this far x.x and given the great day I had at my first day of work, I can't be bothered to defend this more than I already have. Open a helpdesk or PM an admin about it ,don't bring the problem into the thread if in the end it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2014, 02:38:57 AM »
Kozy, the fact the thread remains, has been as active as it has been and for as long as it has been should be an indicator to you that the staff team has deemed the thread appropriate so long as it follows the proper grounds for conversation. Nobody is in here to talk about gettin' in the sack, but rather, if the furry fandom is something that is an active part of their sexuality. It's along the same lines as asking if men or women are a sexual interest of yours.

If you look back at the first post, you can see that a moderator had already seen the subject. We've all been watching the thread to make sure nothing goes too far off into the beyond, and thus far, everyone has proven to us that they are capable of this manner of discussion without completely devolving into some kind of mess. There have been slip ups, there have been problems, as with any thread; this thread, however, is appropriate enough for discussion.

Honestly this kind of talk is gonna cause more drama than what this thread has seen this far x.x and given the great day I had at my first day of work, I can't be bothered to defend this more than I already have. Open a helpdesk or PM an admin about it ,don't bring the problem into the thread if in the end it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

You should heed Nic's words. Instead of bringing the question to the users, who overall, cannot do a thing but perpetuate the discussion, bring it directly to an administrator or moderator. Either way, we have already discussed the topic subject, deemed it acceptable and have been making sure the thread doesn't go too far.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:44:31 AM by Sytex »

Offline aperson1

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I couldn't make any good usernames so I got this.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox (feral)
  • Coloring: Red
  • Height: 2.5 feet
  • Weight: 90 pounds
  • Currently: most likely doing something astronomy-related
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2014, 03:08:06 AM »
This is wandering a bit off topic, but I personally think the idea of protecting kids from sexual content is a rather odd and pointless idea. I believe it is important that kids are exposed to such ideas early on instead of waiting quite late and making something which is otherwise completely regular into a taboo topic which should be protected from under all circumstances.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

rooby rooby [REDACTED]

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 05:47:31 AM »
That's why I interjected, to stop this before it continues and ends up being what makes the whole thread into a problem.

To respond to the topic, I know that my sexuality and furry culture are a bit of a mingling topic. I am more attracted to women that are furries than those that aren't for a multitude of reasons, mostly because I find women with a near matching mindset to my own most attractive.

My 'sonas are a huge part of who I am, and I love to share them with people. Everyone I interact with frequently knows about my characters, even if vaguely. And those who I consider close friends or those who will understand know them quite well. That being said, with it being so close to my heart as a person, it shares a room with anything pertaining to love. If someone doesn't at least like my 'sonas, it feels like they don't like an aspect of me, which hurts a bit.

I used to be very subdued in my furry identity, but I can say it has grown significantly with time. Though, let me be clear that I hold every distinction between reality and fiction. While it may hurt, considering how many personal references there are in each of my characters, I'm not so weak as to simply give up and cry when someone dislikes them. Simply put, there are tons of hints to my personality and inner thoughts present in my 'sonas, their designs and their overall differentiation in personality. That is why it hurts a tiny bit when I'm told that my characters suck or something of the sort. My characters have personalities very close to mine or how mine would turn out in specific circumstances, but all have distinct traits that link them to me if you pay enough attention. They are my artistic product, my personal representations and a part of my life, and any artist feels pain when something they have poured heart and soul into is mocked, degraded or generally resented, but anybody in a regular state of mind can recover from said events.

I'm pretty sure you all know by now that I am a happy person, and even after somebody outright bashes my interests, the anger subsides and I return to my happy mannerisms. I enjoy my life, and I enjoy my characters. I don't view myself as a dragon, a dinosaur, a fox, a Pokemon, an Alligator cyborg, a shark/dragon/demon seeking to ascend beyond his binds of birth, a horse or anything like that. This guy, Nick (that's me), is a human who has thus created these characters and molded their lives based on his own experiences and feelings, and I consider those creations to be a big part of who I am. It tells people what I want to become, where I want to go, inner fantasies and even things that I've come to admire in time.

I'm not saying I would never date a woman who was not a furry, but that I prefer to have a like-minded individual to consider my heart's devotion. I see nothing wrong with that, and I doubt anybody else would see something wrong with it, either.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:51:41 AM by Sytex »

Offline Kozy

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox :3
  • Coloring: Milk chocolate w/ darker tips, spring green eyes, lighter creamish bib and belly
  • Build: Chibi / slim quadrupedal
  • Currently: Shy / Lonely
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »
Two members from these forums have already been pulled away due to seeing these kinds of threads on the forums. There's a big thing online among young furries who daren't tell their parents about furry because of the "sexual implication" certainly a lot in this thread say yes to this, and kids follow trends/consensus and a parent would fear that if they investigated. People have been talking about this lots of places but its rejected here? I don't get that.

There's also a subtle difference between paraphilia and sex education, aperson1, one is parallel to normal and unhealthy the other is related to puberty and normal. Statistics show paraphilia in young people is an unhealthy thing and affects their natural sexual orientation and can cause dangerous socially and addict-like hedonistic qualities, paraphilia in general is considered problematic hence it is described as such in the DSM, animal/anthro RP is classed under autozoophilia and there is also plushophilia which includes fursuits. So parents will consider it a risk both socially and mentally. If you don't think it's a risk, then I can only warn the younger members in the event of such a case.

I'm not against furry sexuality, far from it, actually, as revealed to certain members already so don't act like I have some bias here, please. I'm just concerned that innocent members may in future be affected.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »
Look, people have left for all sorts of reasons. We've had people rage over captcha, we've had people leave because they said they were bored every five minutes. We've had people hate and leave when we told them not to, we've had people leave because we did our jobs at all. By the end of the day, we can't please everybody. And this thread? It's not some kind of sexuality thread on SoFurry, it's asking you if the fandom is a part of your sexual identity in the same vein as whether or not you like a specific sex. That is appropriate. And on top of that, we all know the fandom has a darker side and hiding it is like trying to cover a blue whale with a baby blanket. Sexuality in itself is a PG-13 subject, the actual content from that side is not; that is why we allow this with heavy discretion.

Once again, an entire staff team has deemed this acceptable for forum standards. Your calling this out in the public side of the forum is causing more problems than anything this thread has brought to our attention since the first little scan through.

And Kozy, nobody has brought up any kind of distinct fetish discussion until you started this unnecessary digression. Seriously, can you not see the folly of all this? I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself, because I have already asked you once and I asked it casually.

From this point forward, let it be known that I am demanding this subject be dropped and that this thread remain on the original topic. There will be no more public discussion of the validity of this thread's existence, and lack of compliance with this will result in further action.

If you ever see a topic that you believe is inappropriate for the forums do not make a public debacle out of it. Make use of the proper tools and resources. You may PM a moderator with your concern or make use of the Report to Moderator button. Taking the subject askew in an effort to state that the topic is inappropriate is a rule violation of its own, and therefore, is requested to not be acted on.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:21:46 PM by Sytex »

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2014, 11:05:46 PM »
And I think that's the longest reply to a thread I've ever head to read .w.

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »

Just throwing this out there:  straight male furries, they seem a rare breed.  What's up with that?

I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2014, 10:47:03 PM »
Just throwing this out there:  straight male furries, they seem a rare breed.  What's up with that?

lol trix u just dont look hard XP
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2014, 11:55:30 PM »
I agree with a lot of the stuff that has been said and probably will be said on this forum. I see the sexuality side of the fandom as interesting and honestly I do see it as every bit a part if the fandom as the conventions. (Which could be a bit more often and wide spread in the uk. Uk furs will probably know what I'm on about)

Don't get me wrong some parts of it are just plain weird and, in my opinion, more then wrong morally. Though having said that I do like the "yiffy stuff" as some refer to it. However whilst I have been doing research on the fandom it does seem that even within the fandom the vast majority disagree with the sexual type stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2014, 03:53:57 AM »
However whilst I have been doing research on the fandom it does seem that even within the fandom the vast majority disagree with the sexual type stuff.
0r so they claim. I think the whole thing about saying it isn't related to sexual things might be to protect the fandom from the negative attention; most furries I meet do enjoy that side of it.  X3

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2014, 03:55:47 AM »
However whilst I have been doing research on the fandom it does seem that even within the fandom the vast majority disagree with the sexual type stuff.
0r so they claim. I think the whole thing about saying it isn't related to sexual things might be to protect the fandom from the negative attention; most furries I meet do enjoy that side of it.  X3

most do and as for the negitivty side dont get me started on that because i am sick of a facebook page that seems to love that
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D