The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Confused on a lot of things...  (Read 532 times)

Offline WolvenDogma

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The cream of the crop, rise to the top!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Kanine
  • Coloring: White fur/ black and grey in it
  • Height: 6' even
  • Weight: 235 lbs
  • Build: Muscular and very strong, a bit husky tho
  • Currently: Depressed as can be
Re: Confused on a lot of things...
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 02:24:47 AM »
What happened? :C
"You just cannot, reach the self tought. The self taught of romance. When they develop opinions based on bad experience." -ZakDogma

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 12:20:46 AM »
*Shoots a random PM reply*
It is HARD to not fall into stereotypes.
All Kinds...

Oh, you look big and muscular, so GO PLAY FOOTBALL

YOur Tall and thin and wear glasses? YOUR A COMPUTER NERD!

You wear a tail/ears? YOUR A STUPID ANIMAL PERSON

Your Fat? NOONE CARES ABOUT YOU!

You wear a game t-shirt? NERDNERDNERDNERD!

I Wish stereotypes never existed. Wish.
And so things like this can affect who you are, and make it very different from what you look like and who you actually are. I've had lots of people think i'm something i'm not.
wired as right now

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 01:54:20 PM »
I guess what you do depends on your situation. If there are ways that you two can ever be alone- at each others houses, online, the park- then maybe you could date and just not show it around other people. I know my mate and I have decided we aren't going to show affection in public because we don't feel it is fair to those who aren't mated.
Perhaps you could date and show it to each other in subtle ways, but to the public you simply look like friends.
It sounds like you like this person but you worried about making a mistake- mistakes happen, it's how you learn in life! If you think he MIGHT be the one then it's a good idea to hang in there and see how things go, whether you make it official or not (:

Offline WolvenDogma

• Avid Aardvark
  • The cream of the crop, rise to the top!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Kanine
  • Coloring: White fur/ black and grey in it
  • Height: 6' even
  • Weight: 235 lbs
  • Build: Muscular and very strong, a bit husky tho
  • Currently: Depressed as can be
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 03:54:01 PM »
Wow, your pretty much totally right. But I dunno, I can't stop thinking about him... I think I might like him a lot.  :P I've thought about maybe having him over to my house to see what happened. We've talked a lot about it like cuddling and stuff, nothing TOO far :P
"You just cannot, reach the self tought. The self taught of romance. When they develop opinions based on bad experience." -ZakDogma

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
(sent you a PM as well)

Go with what you feel dude.

In the end, if you really like him, go be with him. It doesn't mean you have to bring him home, but you'll eventually have to tell your family what's up or they'll probably put it together on their own if you bring him around enough.

You shouldn't live your life according to what your family sees as right and wrong, it's who you are and it's what makes you happy.

Love is impossible to describe, but I know what it feels like to love someone and like them. I've been there and done that. Love is what kills you everyday you're not with the person you belong with (especially when they don't feel the same way). I know that feeling all too well.

When I like someone, it's not the same feeling. It's more of a physical/mental connection as opposed to an emotional one. I used to like some girls in high school, but it wasn't like the LOVE I actually shared with my ex-girlfriend of 4 years who I depended on for ALL of my emotional support. She accepted me and loved me no matter what and I'm afraid I'll never meet someone like that again. But I digress...

Trust your gut and follow your heart to where it wants to be. I can no longer do that, but you can. You will eventually learn the difference between love and liking someone. It'll probably hurt you when you realize it, but it's part of the dating game.

You can do it brooo