The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite thing about being a Furry?  (Read 2147 times)

Offline SwedishFur

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Snuggle me to death!
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine & Dragon
  • Coloring: White/Pink
  • Height: 180
  • Weight: 70
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Wiggling my tail
Re: Favorite thing about being a Furry?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 09:48:49 AM »
I agree with so many others!
My favourite things about being a furry is..

1. Furry friends is like having a second family
2. Fun & positive people
3. Feels nice to express the true me

:P
Furry from Sweden!

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 01:26:51 AM »
I have to say that the fandom is so much more to me then I ewver thought possible. I already posted saying the same three things as so many others, but its even mroe then that. This fandom is its own club group community family culture. I have learned so much from this fandom, from simple things such as what voodoo really is, to more in depth things such as a love to all sexualities and genders. I have learned to see people in a new way and I no longer have quite the biased view that I had only a year ago. The fandom has taught me a lesson so big, so important, I don't know who I would be without it. The fandom taught me how to live. This community has changed who I am and how I live my life. I am more loving, more accepting, learn to see peop-le in another way and express who I really am. I am accepted as me and have learned that its not bad to be who I am. I have gained confidence and a will to live, and I hope to be a part of this fandom for all my life, attending cons- maybe being an artist or writer for the fandom.
This fandom is its own culture. Not influenced by the media, against it. Not discriminating against people but giving them a home, and not aiming to be accepted, but aiming to be different. unique. individuals. To be ourselves.

Offline Nibbler125

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Build: thin and tall
  • Currently: I can go all night, I'm nocturnal
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 07:26:16 AM »
1. I really like the no requirement community, Like how people are not thought of any less furry just because they might not have a fursuit or cant go to the conventions.
2. The creativity that goes into the characters to really bring them to life just blows me away
3. For lack of better words, The stubborn pride. Everywhere I go online I find fellow flurries and they are just so proud to be who they are and don't care what other people say

I can go all night, i'm nocturnal.