The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: advice: gender and sexuality (IMPORTANT UPDATE AT BOTTOM)  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Kibari

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox / Fox Spirit
  • Coloring: Varies
  • Currently: Relaxed
Re: advice: gender and sexuality~
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 04:10:14 AM »
I'm mostly a vixen on the inside, when I was younger that was moreso evident. On the internet I express this among furries and therians/otherkin.
I'm physically a male human and socially my gender is pretty much male with just mild things that are more ambiguous than gender specific. I have not much desire to have a sex change because a) I'm terrified of hospital treatment, and b) I wouldn't look like a vixen afterwards but rather a human woman.

On brain sex tests I usually get the result of being a female.
My MBTI type (INFP) is apparently a very feminine type even though in males for example it's more likely to generate androgyny than the stereotypical femininity seen socially in SF types.

I have an attraction to male -canids- though should I find enough emotional connection with someone I begin to develop an attraction. I can also say I prefer to be with someone who shares my values since my values are largely to do with my "spirit animal" so to speak, and I would not really enjoy being with someone who doesn't associate as being a canid. And no I wouldn't have a relationship with a physical fox for as long as I'm in my human form because I feel like there's too many barriers so given how I am in the inside I don't believe I'd qualify as zoosexual at all.

So to speak I associate as being a heterosexual female fox on the inside and a demisexual male human on the outside given the text in the OP and my ideal partner is a complimentary of that. Sometimes my preferences of the inside and outside bridge creating a more genderqueer/polysexual state but this can also make me uneasy (I can also say I find no real attraction to any extreme masculinity but I think that's to do with my NF and internal species identity).
Nowadays, I am mated, however, so sexuality specifics doesn't really matter anymore.

Offline oddi

• Avid Aardvark
  • robots make me angry
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: snow leopard
  • Coloring: black and white with purple, blue or green spots on xir back and tail, changes colors depending on mood
  • Height: just smaller than a tiger~
  • Weight: 500 lbs
  • Build: androgynous. short legs. stocky. super thick, plush fur. long, heavy tail.
  • Currently: vicodin helps cramps and makes you forget you exist
Re: advice: gender and sexuality~
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 04:29:47 AM »
@Kibari: can i ask how you figured all that out? C: it sounds so complex.

UPDATE:
as of today 1/06/2014 i'm going to start adding a masterlist of gender & sexuality resources. i run into the quite a bit, so i have some stashed away. however, feel free to submit some to me via PM!
HERNO LPHA

⋆ THEY'LL REMEMBER ⋆
WE WERE HERE

art || post of import || twitter || tumblr ||
 wall of text || Pacific Rim Roleplay
xe - he/she || xem -him/her || xirs - his/hers

Offline AlmarRaccoon

• Eager Elephant
  • Oh snap, do a little dance!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Brown, Orange, Red
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: New colors for my fursona :)
Re: advice: gender and sexuality (IMPORTANT UPDATE AT BOTTOM)
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 06:18:44 PM »
Interesting, I think I'm demiheterosexual. That would explain a lot actually. Thanks ^_^
  • Avatar by: Casual-Dhole, I changed the colors up a bit though
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
4 Star Senior Officer