The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Depressed  (Read 268 times)

Offline Kit Kashida

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • LARPin Furry
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Light silver, blue tail tips.
  • Height: 5'5"in.
  • Weight: 143 lb.
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Looking for friends!
Depressed
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
I need advise. I'm 16 and feel like my life is compleatly meeningless. I'm not talking like I'm going suicide just depresed latley. I've never had a girlfriend or really loved anyone. My family loves me and I love them but I want to find love and have them love me back. I know you can't help me get a girlfriend I'm just asking fir advise as to how I can get out of feeling like this.
FOR AZEROTH!!!

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
Re: Depressed
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 05:58:08 PM »
Laugh. Find something funny. I was in something like this. Then, for ,like , a straight week i was watching funny youtube videos. it helped. some of it is your personal decision. If this gets really bad, go to a Counselor. or a whatever the doctors name that you talk to them and they help you. I DONT KNOW WORDS. Trust me, from personal experience, that helps also. If you have'nt already, talk to family.I'm sure they will care and try to cheer you up. In high school,  its a Dog-Eat-Dog world.
wired as right now

Trigahex

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »
Well I guess I know how that feels.

I  really don't know if I need a girlfriend at 16 lol. I'm just sort of weary of it because I'm shy and I've already had 2 cousins forced into marriage because they where foolish and didn't use a condom or pills.

One is going pretty well because they where already engaged and within age but the other Is only a year older then I and expecting a child at 17 is to young.

I never really feel depressed I guess my issues are more anger related.

Offline Kit Kashida

• Vibrating Furby
  • LARPin Furry
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 06:38:29 PM »
I don't really NEED a girlfriend, but I dearly want one I feel so lonley.
FOR AZEROTH!!!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
Hey man, lemme tell you something.

Do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy. You're young with a lot of spare time and don't really have a whole lot of priorities right now. When you move out, start college, get a job, and start paying bills, dating isn't even an idea that you can afford to waste time and money on. You'll learn that girls can be heartless and cruel, but you work around them to find some decent ones. It's fun to date people for a couple years but it's not nice to play with someone's emotions just so you can have something to do when you're done school. You're also wayyy too young to commit to a full relationship when you should be out seeing all kinds of people that a girlfriend would normally get jealous over for no reason. AND YOU WILL want to chill with other people who your gf won't like.

When I was 16, all I cared about was video games and getting money for more video games. Really, I didn't need a girlfriend to MAKE me feel good but I figured I needed a prom date anyway so I tried my luck at scoring chicks. Yet, a girl (who was also my older brother's friend's sister) asked me out while I was in high school and we we're inseparable all the way through university.

I was never happier in my entire life to spend so much time with someone. We dated for 4 years (and practiced safe sex most of the time xD) and then one day she decided she didn't want me anymore and wanted my best friend, almost out of the blue. So that was it. I was left emotionally scarred and alone with a rather sinister desire to murder her and my former besty. Needless to say, I lost all my trust in women, friends, and family (who made things worse) so I'm still recovering from that whole mess and taking it easy. It's been a year so far.

Now I'm 21 and looking back on all this, I'm just hoping it doesn't happen to you. It really changed who I am as a person to learn from an experience like that knowing how much you risk losing in a relationship that isn't for you or one that you don't need.

But in your case, you sound like any other 16 year old kid who's going though some rough times. Give dating a shot if you're really up to it but it's really something you should take seriously (it WILL change your future as to who you become). Socializing is easy. Be upfront, confident, nice, witty, charming, and most importantly, be dominant. Girls need a dominant man to want to hold and love and look to for being there for them as much as you want them to be with you. What I mean is to take control of situations when she's unsure and help her make decisions because girls have NO IDEA what they want. You'll learn about this later on as you begin dating.

Dating people is a lot like finding a new job. Don't ever settle for less, first impressions are everything, and maintain composure. ALWAYS maintain composure and talk about things before your emotions make the decision for you...because it will never be the right one. 

tl;dr: Experiment and be safe. Don't rush into anything you're not ready for or unsure of. You don't need to worry about IF you'll get a girlfriend but WHEN. You're insanely young dude. Might not seem that way, but you are. Don't let her take all of your money/friends/time/and emotions just to up and leave one day. You need to be sure of things like this.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:20:44 PM by Spike_ »

Offline Kit Kashida

• Vibrating Furby
  • LARPin Furry
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »
Thanks Spike it meens a lot to me that you would take the time to do that. I get your point too ill do my best not to mess up me for a girl.
FOR AZEROTH!!!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 02:19:26 AM »
No problem Kit, I've got no doubt in my mind you can do anything you put your mind to. We surprise ourselves all the time with what we're capable of even in the pursuit of happiness or success; so goes life. You've got nothing to worry about. Be yourself and one day a very nice girl will love you for it.

Good luck.