The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Building Self-Esteem  (Read 342 times)

Offline Vulpatrino

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Just call me "Vee".
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Orange
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 160 lbs
  • Build: Tall and skinny
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Spoopy ghost pumpkin. WooOOOooo~
Building Self-Esteem
« on: November 06, 2013, 11:54:24 PM »
Hey, TFF!

Recently, I've been realising I have a low self-esteem. I get embarrassed easily, I don't say much in conversations, and there are a lot of things I'd want to do, but for some reason can't bring myself to.
  I'm pretty comfortable with myself otherwise; it's not like I'm trying to change my personality. I'd just like to be able to express myself better.

Any tips on building self-esteem?
"Look at all these no good tourists, thinking they know culture and I'm but another local. But neigh, I am self-aware, so much I can make an entirely blank expression so they never know the amount of feel that I feel. For I am ♤♡♢♧The Veehemoth♧♢♡"♤

Day to night, Dark to light,          In your mind, walk through time
Flow the sands of time...             Back to better days...
Let the years, like the gears        Memories, like a dream,
Of a clock, unwind...                   Wash tears away...

Like a star in the sky,                 Cast away your old face,
Darkness can't reach you,           Full of gloom and spite...
Light the night, Joy is light           With this mask, I'll ask to
'Til the new dawn...                     Borrow your light...

- Song of Healing, LoZ: Majora's Mask

Offline Alex Laetus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Let your freak, flag wave! Let it fly!~
    • Awards
  • Species: Great Dane- Germ. Shepherd Mix; Fluffy!!!!
  • Coloring: Mostly a tan, gold fur coat, medium length. Belly is a lighter shade, tail is slightly curly. Teal colored eyes, bent ears.
  • Height: 6'2 Ft/ 187 cm
  • Weight: 170 lbs. / 77 kg
  • Build: Slim; not much muscle, but definitely broad shoulders.
  • Currently: Eeeeeeeeeehhhh... It's been waaaaaaay too long since I've been on here.
Re: Building Self-Esteem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 02:21:58 AM »
Know for the fact that you yourself have nearly every right, if not every right to be where you are, and do what you are doing.

Also, it should be known, that you have friends in RL and online who support you in what you do, and we'll be there to back you up :3.

Along with this, know that you are worth it; you are an amazing, unique person, and if anyone tries to tell you that you're weird or something else derogatory, or anything else that says other wise, they're probably ignorant about you or what's going on, and probably dead wrong. No need to insult them, but they more than likely aren't cookie cutter products either (By that I mean 'normal, and have no right to judge other people  XP )

But most of all, just go and do things to have fun; don't be reckless about it, but if what you want to go do is something you love, and really want to take part in, don't care what other people think!

(Again; don' be reckless, and find yourself doing something that could label you as don't want to be (i.e. rob a bank, unless you want to be a thief... which... uh.... o.o....)

Seriously; go in with a big bright smile, and if you even have the slightest doubt you'll regret missing out, go and jump in! 8D

Hope this helps XD
The Mad Hatter: Have I gone Mad?

Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.

All the best people are.

~ Lewiss Carroll

Simba: "You're so weird"

Scar: "You have /no/ idea"

~ ~ ~

Credit to:

Harry026Husky (DA) For Original Template of Avi

Recolored by Me

Offline GentleBear

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown Bear
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 06:09:56 AM »
While I have no doubt that you're an extraordinary person with a lot to offer the world, I know that sounds ridiculous coming from someone who only knows you from a single post.

If you're worried that people dwell upon your mistakes and remember that embarrassing thing you said/did who-knows-when: they don't. Everyone is too caught up in their own mistakes and insecurities to think much about yours.

Where you may see a collection of social gaffes and missteps, others see a decent, if shy, person they might like to get to know better. Give them a chance to! Not everyone will like you, but so long as you like you - and you rightly seem to! - you will find others who do as well.

It's a cliche, but life really is shorter than you'd think. Do the things you want to do, and the right people will appreciate you for them.
I promise.

Trigahex

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:15:39 AM »
It really depends on where I'm at to be honest.

If I know many people and know them well I'm much more open...

I guess I have low self esteem among people I don't know which makes it kind of hard to make friends.

When I do make friends its easy to hang around them like I'm super open and much more confident.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:17:32 AM by Trigahex »