The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cannot Save Large PDF..... Help?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
Cannot Save Large PDF..... Help?
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »
Ok, here's the story:
I have a client that wants me to design a 3m x 1.2m feather banner. He has sent me a template from the website.

The original is a .PDF, and because it's such a large size, the file size is also flipping huge! 665Mb when opened in Photoshop CS4, (but only 330 kb  outside of it?) Which is most probably the largest file I've ever had to deal with.

And the thing is, I need to re-save the document as a .PDF, so that text layers remain vectors (I'm not sure why this is necessary, but that's what the template says is required....)
BUT..... When I enter the Save As window, The only file options that show up in the drop down menu are:

DiCom (.DCM)
TIFF (.TIFF
Large Document Format (.PSB)
Photoshop Raw (.RAW)

Is there any way I can save as a .PDF, while preserving vectors? Or are any of these file types useful for that?
Am I doing something wrong? Is this something to do with a size of the document, or the document itself?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Additional information:

I found an article online stating that .PDF's can only be saved if the document implements 16-bit.
But that doesn't seem to work. :\

Post Merge: October 16, 2013, 01:48:54 AM
Problem solved..... I think.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:48:54 AM by Maine, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3