The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate That Restaurant - Round 1: McDonald's  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Furry_N_Fuzzy

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • If it ain't furry, it ain't fuzzy!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skiger
  • Currently: Grrrfuzzled
Rate That Restaurant - Round 1: McDonald's
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:54:27 AM »
We all like going out to eat here and there, right? Out on dates, family meals, lunch, dinner, or just gettin' a snack from the drive through. There are so many places out there to grab a bite at, some good, some bad, and that's just the national/regional chains, let alone all the local gems that make your town unique. What with so many choices and opinions on those options, I would like to do a nice community project called "Rate That Restaurant"

Sounds like a game thread right? Well it's not, so please don't move the thread to the games forum. The main purpose of this thread, while being fun at the same time, is information. Community stats and ratings if you will. Every vote in this thread will make a difference.

Ok, here is how this thread will work:

1. Once every few days a new restaurant will be listed
2. Everyone will rate the said establishment for that round on a scale of 1-5. 1 being the poorest and 5 being top notch.
3. Once voting has ended, I will then collect and average everyone's ratings together, and that rating will become the forums overall rating of the restaurant.

That's pretty much it. Pretty simple eh? How about we get started with a classic icon:

Round 1: McDonald's

Ehh, it's one of those fast food places that have been around for ages, and their quality has gone up in some areas and way down in others. An American icon that is all over the world, and arguably has the best fries around, but I find it depends on my mood that day which place has the best fries. lol... Not the best, not the worst. McDonald's has survived on top for so long because it is right in the middle, oddly enough.

McyDees gets a 2.5/5
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:56:00 AM by Furry_N_Fuzzy »
Furry N' Fuzzy

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Issue #2 has been released! Check it out for some cool furry content; featured artists, articles, personal stories, interviews, contests, and more!

Always looking for volunteers and contributors for future issues! If interested please read the journal linked below and contact us. :3

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Full Details/Info/FAQ

FNF on Twitter

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: Rate That Restaurant - Round 1: McDonald's
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »
I like this idea :P

McDonald's - 1

Of all the food establishment's I've eaten at, McDonald's is always an easy fall back, yet I give it a 1... why?
+ Cheap
+ No one doesn't like McDonald's
+ It's always there

- Food is Unhealthy
- Food actually doesn't taste that great
- Suppersize Me
- There are a million places better than this
- The value isn't particularly that great at all
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »
I am in agreement with all that has been said prior!

I would give McDonalds a 3 (about average) and argue that with the dollar menu and the breakfast they serve there, you can get something good for a really low price. I love ordering a burger, fries, and small drink at McDonalds and having to only spend 3 bucks for something small and filling is awesome. The coffee they serve is also cheap and tasty, which cannot be said of other chains.

I am leaving out the business practices behind the joint for this review and just focusing on value and satisfaction. The bottom line is that when I leave McDonalds, I am satisfied. I am also assuming that you are going to McDonalds infrequently (it should not be a regular thing). Go to a McDonalds for a quick breakfast or for lunch, not for a nightly meal.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »
PROS AND CONS (+1 for a pro, -1 for a con, base is 5)

McDonalds - 5
 + cheap
 + extremely convenient
 + tasty food
  - Unhealthy (obviously)
  - extremely salty
  - Makes you feel guilty.

Total score: 5
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Furry_N_Fuzzy

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • If it ain't furry, it ain't fuzzy!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skiger
  • Currently: Grrrfuzzled
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 12:18:21 AM »
PROS AND CONS (+1 for a pro, -1 for a con, base is 5)

McDonalds - 5
 + cheap
 + extremely convenient
 + tasty food
  - Unhealthy (obviously)
  - extremely salty
  - Makes you feel guilty.

Total score: 5

You're not doing it right. Did you read the opening post/rules? You rate it on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best, so 5 cannot be a "base score" and you can't go above 5 like you did before you listed the cons. I am pretty sure you don't wish to score Mcdonald's with a perfect score of 5, unless you think Mcydees is top notch compared to let's says a 5 star steak house, which I doubt you do.

Please, vote again, based on the actual rating system used in this thread.

**NOTE to everyone, if you do not rate the restaurants properly, your vote will not count and will not be a part of the averaged forum rating.

Thank yoooooou! :3

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:19:48 AM by Furry_N_Fuzzy »
Furry N' Fuzzy

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Issue #2 has been released! Check it out for some cool furry content; featured artists, articles, personal stories, interviews, contests, and more!

Always looking for volunteers and contributors for future issues! If interested please read the journal linked below and contact us. :3

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Full Details/Info/FAQ

FNF on Twitter