The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What is your opinion on the term "Furfag?"  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Re: What is your opinion on the term "Furfag?"
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2013, 09:49:06 PM »
Of coarse seeing them banned from a site would be good too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you just want people to feel bad, not really to have them taught lessons.

That's untrue.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »
because you did nothing to punish them for being jerks.

Naw it's true.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2013, 10:05:41 PM »
because you did nothing to punish them for being jerks.

Naw it's true.

No it's not. You're just seeing that way for no good reason.

Offline Marcus

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • This user has left!
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »
I believe this topic was titled "What is your *opinion*..."

MY opinion is, and I shall not be bashed for this, that sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me. All people have their own views, and forcing them to agree with yours is unethical in most all accounts. There is a time to tell people about the amazing world of furries, and a time to just leave them be. Them bashing is not a time to try to convert anyone to any view, or ridicule them for wording. You can't win all wars, so some are better just not being fought.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2013, 10:47:22 PM »
I believe this topic was titled "What is your *opinion*..."

MY opinion is, and I shall not be bashed for this, that sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me. All people have their own views, and forcing them to agree with yours is unethical in most all accounts. There is a time to tell people about the amazing world of furries, and a time to just leave them be. Them bashing is not a time to try to convert anyone to any view, or ridicule them for wording. You can't win all wars, so some are better just not being fought.

If you really think that ignoring people is the best route, then you're too weak to do anything about the problem.

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2013, 10:54:18 PM »
My man, you need to take a breather. it's just opinions, no heart feelings, nothing personal  T_T

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2013, 11:06:16 PM »
You guys are probably wondering why I take such, dare I say it, "animosity" toward being told to ignore bullies. Because I've tried that many times before, and have been met with the same fate: Bullying continues to get worse and worse for me, I begin to feel more and more miserable, and NOTHING is done about it: EVER. But, every time I yell at them, and scold them for it, THAT is when they stopped for then. Ignoring them doesn't teach them a lesson, it just empowered them for me. It made them feel more and more entitled to do what they wanted until something was finally done about it.

And that, in a nutshell, is why I strongly dislike the "ignore" theory.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2013, 12:23:16 AM »
Ok, calling people weak because they ignore problems makes yourself weak because you don't have enough strength to ignore them, and also petty because you're, well, calling people weak.

What's stronger, sitting here QQ'ing about everyone bad person and every other persons ways to deal with them, or being able to ignore the bad people and not let it get to you?

It's getting to the point where you're being more insulting in this thread, than "furfag" has.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2013, 12:29:20 AM »
Ok I'm locking this thread for these reasons.

1. It's gone off topic, no longer about the word furfag and all about trolls and bullying
2. People are being personally attacked it seems.
3. The thread in general has just completely spiraled out of control.

• Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";