The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Haters..........  (Read 432 times)

Offline Shiothefox

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red, upper half and arms, waist, tal and lower, maroon. White on the inside of ears, on the face, chest, and tip of the tail.
  • Height: 6'0", irl 5'11"
  • Weight: 160 lbs, irl 178 ibs
  • Currently: Alone
Haters..........
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:25:19 AM »
I recently stumbled upon a picture which for common decency I will not share with you guys, but it was a picture of an anthropomorphic dog pinned on the ground and his head being sawed of by the dude pinning him down and it said "take good care of your furf*gs"
DAMN! I have a disagreement with the lifestyles of lots of people, but I don't think about hacking their heads off! Just because I'm a furry, doesn't mean I **censor** animals or that I'm gay....... I'm gonna go a little political here... I don't agree with gay marraige, not gonna get into a debate about it though, so resist your urges to debate lol but I still love them and treat them as Christ would have me treat them, with love and respect. This picture I saw really hurt me and I NEVER get offended by things like that, I'm not the kind of person to get butthurt about things like this, and I don't ever complain about it or anything.... I don't know how these misconceptions have gone soooo far.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:31:20 AM by NekavyTzernov »
  • Avatar by: furaffinity.net/user/crimsonmercury7192/

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
Re: Haters..........
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 04:58:04 AM »
People tend to be outwardly mean and terrible. They take things that they hate, whether they hate them because they're different, strange, or because it's just easy to hate them, and they do things that otherwise they wouldn't do to make them feel terrible. The internet is the worst place for this, as you can pretty much do whatever you want and nobody will know that it was you who did it.

Everybody has something they hate for no reason. I myself hate patriots, religious freaks, and vegetarians. Everybody is entitled to be able to dislike certain things, it's what makes humans humans. Nobody can love everything and everybody.

As for this situation in general, tolerance is probably the best thing you can have. Tolerate that there are and forever will be assholes on the internet, and move on.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:31 PM »

Everybody has something they hate for no reason. I myself hate patriots, religious freaks, and vegetarians. Everybody is entitled to be able to dislike certain things, it's what makes humans humans. Nobody can love everything and everybody.

Pescetarian/Vegetarian here.... XD

But going back to hater in general, there are usually two reasons why people associate themselves as haters;
1. They feel that it has such a large happy following, and because they aren't a part of it they feel the need to be the total opposite.
2. They just plain don't understand.

There ain't much you can do about them, tolerance and understanding of their misunderstanding is about the best you can do.
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »
I just want to remind people that this thread shouldn't be about who you hate, or reasons why you hate some specific people. This thread as a discussion or rant on how the furry fandom is treated is fine, but please refrain from talking about hating on other specific types of people.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:55:06 PM »
I just want to remind people that this thread shouldn't be about who you hate, or reasons why you hate some specific people. This thread as a discussion or rant on how the furry fandom is treated is fine, but please refrain from talking about hating on other specific types of people.

I was only trying to provide an example, if need be I can edit my post.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »
Your post is borderline but I don't think it breaks any rules as is (other wise I'd edit it myself) [if the other mods disagree though they may edit it] but just be careful what you say, I know you didn't mean anything by it but we don't want anyone to be offended or feel like they're being attacked.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:15:18 PM »
Right, gotcha.

Offline EvilCorgi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
  • Coloring: Brown and white
  • Height: 5'7''
  • Weight: 136 pounds
  • Build: light
  • Currently: tulpaforcing
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 03:48:13 AM »
I find that it's usually a combination of blind acceptance of EncyclopediaDramatican stereotypes and poor personal experiences that lead to full on furry hate. If I only knew about furries because of ED or Reddit, I would almost certainly dislike furries as much as the average person. Couple that with the fact that most of these people have run into the... eh... least savory (and unfortunately most vocal) members of the fandom, and the fact that they can remain anonymous online, and it's easy to see why that would post that kind of stuff. Everything is magnified when it's put on the internet. I doubt these people would saw your head off, or even just curse and insult you if you met them in real life. A real diplomat could even resolve some personal grudges the person might have. So, if it's any consolation, just remember that the internet doesn't matter. If you want more consolation, I can definitely say that furry hating is on the way out. After being the freaks of the internet since the late 90s, we're finally getting a break from internet culture, and the popular culture has recently shown it's eagerness to follow the internet's steps, if not in a belated manor. I can go around on YouTube or Reddit with my furriness held high, and no one bats an eye. This time next year, or the year after that, I wouldn't be shocked if I could walk to the store or to school wearing a collar and not draw anything worse than a confused glare. The downside is that all the hate we used to get is now being levied on bronies. They're being stereotyped and belittled just like furries were a couple years ago. Hopefully, they won't have to go through this for around a decade, but we should still remember that they're one of the reasons why we're getting a break. Sorry for the wall of text, hope I made you feel a little better about the situation.
  :)

Offline Kittie

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm a daydreamer making dreams real
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Silver dapple also known as Chocolate
  • Height: 14hh or 4 feet 8 inches
  • Weight: It's rude to ask a lady how much she weighs LOL
  • Build: Pony like, a little stocky
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 07:12:16 PM »
I'm soo sorry that you had to be exposed to that NekavyTzernov... That is very cruel and just a glimpse of the hatred a person is capable of. Although I agree with you, we should try to love people with the love of Christ. I'm afraid some people don't know how though [size=78%] :$ [/size]
  • Avatar by: Art by Greyflower on DA, me and Blossom on EV
The one, the only... chocolate colored Pegasus!

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 12:21:31 AM »
I wish I could say something, but I have nothing even remotely pleasant to say that won't get me infracted or banned for saying it so I won't say anything at all on the matter.