Author Topic: FTL, The fall of the Federation.  (Read 5842 times)

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
Re: FTL, The fall of the Federation.
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2013, 03:16:37 PM »
Without turning to face Max, I address him, "Where were you about ten minutes ago? What were you doing?"
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »
Sam went back to evaluating the extent of the damage and how much would need to go into repairing everything.
All at the same time keeping an ear open.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • "To try and change the world, is strength."
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lombax
  • Coloring: golden fur
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 60 kg
  • Build: Normal build
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
Tio arrived not much later then Max, having gathered a quick report on the damage to the weapons sytem as well as an assesment on how to repair some of the damaged modules and machinery that were caught in the blast. He shook his head, somewhat annoyed and didn't like the fact that they were now short of one laser weapon. His tail very much irritated at the whole mess that had happened, mostly as the captain sought to blame him at first!

"Well, the good news is that the reactor didn't explode, nor both guns for that matter..." As he browsed through the various data on the holopad and brought it up towards one of the screens. "However, we have lost one laser and the aforementioned nearby systems completely due to the blast. And the actuall reactor has been functioning at merely 87% as of now. But I assume that Max can provide a better report on that." With Tio crossing his arms and shaking his head. "You know, it is a miracle we are still alive. If that laser had been placed anywhere closer to a compartment, rather then near systems... Thankfully no critical ones. We would have been vaporized!" His face turning more sour. "To top it off, we lost power to the kitchen... And no more warm water from the showers as the boiler has melted."
<br />Blue<br /><a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/3644/">Take The Color Wheel Personality Test today!</a><br /><small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/">Personality Test Generator</a>.</small></p><div><b>BLUE</b>
Your Core philosophy is blue.  You see a world that is bettered by knowledge and creation.  You incorporate analysis and preparation into you life.  You probably have many of these qualities: Knowledgeable, Curious, Imaginative, Logical, Reserved, Controlling, Manipulative, Deep.</div>

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »

"To add on to that" Sam said a bit too aloud "We can make a jump but I'll take about two hours to charge to the point we can actually reach another beacon."
He looked around, he thought he may look a bit odd not smiling for once.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2013, 11:03:18 PM »
"Wait. What are you accusing me of captain? I was down in the mainframe, doing general maintenance. Stuff that I only did not knowing the ship would be stopping. Something I couldn't have known down in the mainframe and you or the pilot would have been responsible for letting me know. The only reason i know we've stopped now is cos i can see that from here, So how about you take the tone out of your voice captain and ask why i wasn't informed of the stop over, meaning i didn't know to wait to reset the systems."

With that he turned and walked off the bridge, annoyed that they would accuse him of sabotage less than a day into the trip. On his way out he grabbed Tio around the waist with his tail and dragged him out. "you, come with me." He threw one more look at the captain "i'll send you a report. Sir."
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2013, 11:26:34 PM »
My eye twitches as I turn to look at Max. "Did I dismiss you soldier?" I say, striding towards you. "The fact that you are trying to blame your idiocy on me is appalling at best. Everybody knew what was going on on this ship but you. Everybody knew we were in battle, but you. Your ignorance cost us a kill and put me down a very expensive weapon." I say with a hiss. "From this point onward, you will ignore your little 'impulsive outbursts'. You will do as I say, when I say it. You will only mess with my ship when I permit you to, and I swear if you cause me any more trouble I will have you hung up naked by your toes, and broadcast on live television!" I say, my voice raising to a shout towards the end. "Do I make myself clear?"

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2013, 11:44:43 PM »
Max took a long breath before looking the mantis in the eyes "sir. I'm not blaming you, i'm telling you it was your responsibility to inform the head engineer that there was a stop-over. And I didn't know we were in conflict because the mainframe is completely closed off from the rest of the ship. The reason for this is because if there's a disruption or interference to the mainframe it could easily go into a stand-by cycle."

"Meaning everything turns off for about 20 hours then the ship auto-pilots itself back to the dock for repairs, Our dead bodies still on board." He moved closer to the captain "So if you don't mind i'm going to take the cat and see what the damage looks like around the guns. And next time you think of threatening me, keep in mind that our races have fought before. yours was loosing." He pushed past the mantis and left, not letting anyone else get in his way.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2013, 02:45:26 AM »
I hiss in anger as the engineer leaves the room. "Why is it that I am assigned the most ignorant crew members in all of the Federation" I say before returning to the captain's podium. "I didn't go through five years of military academy to be disobeyed by a recruit."

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2013, 05:21:10 AM »
Tio felt the tail around his waist as he was dragged away from the bridge.
He knew what the other wanted, but still this was a little bit awkward. "Whoa Max, easy there! We barely met!" As the cat chuckled at the lame joke he had made.

He felt the eyes of the captain on him and gulped. At the very least their weaponry was enough to have scared the pirates... If the ship had known their weapons didn't shoot straight they would have been target practice.

"Dude, carefull on the goods. I can walk just fine." As the feline was guided to wherever the man wanted him to. Rolling his eyes thinking this would be a looong trip.
<br />Blue<br /><a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/3644/">Take The Color Wheel Personality Test today!</a><br /><small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/">Personality Test Generator</a>.</small></p><div><b>BLUE</b>
Your Core philosophy is blue.  You see a world that is bettered by knowledge and creation.  You incorporate analysis and preparation into you life.  You probably have many of these qualities: Knowledgeable, Curious, Imaginative, Logical, Reserved, Controlling, Manipulative, Deep.</div>

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2013, 07:46:39 AM »
Max loosened his tail, wrapping it back around his own waist so it was out of the way. "You'll need a suit, the damage likely means we can't re-pressurize where we're going." He found two engineer suits designed for working on the outside of the ship, throwing what looked like a giant pill to Tio. "It's an enviro-suit they conform to the users body. You might as well keep it after, they bond to the first life form that uses them. Meaning that one will only work for you." He activated his own unit and let it form around him before opening the access hatch.

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
Tio grumbled as he was given the item. It wasn't normal furr technologie, that was for sure. This was way more advanced.

But at the sight of the other already opening the hatch, did the cat quickly mimic what Max had done before. The suit adapted to his body, and to his joy his tail also, without difficulty.

"You do realise, the mantis is pissed off?!... Heck he hasn't even given his name to me yet. The pilot seems cute however!" As the feline followed the other creature past the protection of the ship.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
Sam turned to the captain and relaxed in the Pilot's chair.
"All due respects sir, but we are still alive. If anything, we've pretty much all been forced here and I guess we just have to deal with what we've got. Right now that's our lives and a fixable mess of a ship, and if we don't work together, who knows what actually could be lost."
He looked out the window, the stars were so different from what he was used to, even so, he could still tell where he was even without the navigational systems.

"Sir, perhaps there's a space station in this sector. We could get the ship's hull fixed up and see what's for sale."
Sam typed at the navigational computer. There seems to be one a few jumps away, we could risk it and make our way there. For now, I think I've managed to stabilise the ship."

Sam stood up out of the chair and stretched. He knew he was sometimes overly optimistic.
"Permission to get a glass of water?"

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2013, 05:48:43 PM »
I nod, "Permission granted, and when you get back I'd like you to try and tap into the jump beacon's phase detector. If something is about to jump to this beacon I'd like to know about it."

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2013, 10:39:28 PM »
"Aye Aye Captain"
Sam went off to get a glass of water and sit in the kitchen for a few minutes.
Why was sitting in the kitchen more relaxing than sitting in the pilot chair?
probably the same as sitting at work and sitting at home...

He decided to dwell on these thoughts for a few moments.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:15:15 AM by MrRazot »

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2013, 11:02:46 PM »
He scoffed and pulled himself along the wall towards where the damage was. "I know, and honestly at the moment he can boil away in his captains chair......But yeah I have to agree on the pilot." He found his way to the damage and started expecting around. "This doesn't look as bad as i thought it would be. Might even be able to get it working again if i can get some parts. What do you think?"