The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Art.  (Read 266 times)

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
Art.
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:46:59 AM »
Art is everywhere.
It is on the walls, the ceilings, the floors, the desks.
Everywhere.
Everywhere but on my paper.
Everywhere I look I see mini Mona Lisas and represented Sistine Chapels.
However when I look down at my fruits of labor, albeit a doodle or a work that I founded with hours of my time, I see only scribbles in comparison to the masterpieces that those around me seem to create in their sleep.
I find myself thinking that I am not worthy of this beauty, that I should be shunned and shot down for even having the audacity of trying.
Whether it be drawings, music, literature, or anything. All I see are scribbles and scratches, taunting me with scraping voices and sharp teeth.
Things were so much easier when I was younger, where everybody drew men made of sticks and cars with deformed wheels, but now it seems as though everybody boarded the train to success and I was left in the dust.
Every finger painting or hand print that I made was worshiped as a great work of art.
Now I can't even bare the sight of anything I create with my wretched hands, I see it as a second class piece of trash that deserves no mercy in termination.
And things will always be this way, with art coating my books, coming from my radio, and the structure of my libraries.
Art will continue to be everywhere.
Except where I am.

I apologise for the ranty post but I just felt like this belonged here.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Art.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
You can never be the best at everything.
You will look and work hard and hard, and there will be those people that you will see that are better than you, or at least how you perceive them to be. You will look at their work and believe you are inefficient and perhaps maybe you will work harder. In years and years time, your work will be much better than the work of these people, and you will look at their work and you will know it's that much better, but do you know what you will actually do? You will look at other peoples work, people who are still better than you, and you will STILL think your work is bad.

My point is, that a lot of the time you compare only to those that are better, if this motivates you then for sure go ahead, but if it demotivates you that's bad. Remember, you are most likely a better artist than a lot of people, but you look at the people who seem to be a better artist than you and you FORGET about everyone else, all the people (like me) who simply don't draw anything beyond stick figures. You need to put things in perspective and realize your art isn't bad, it's not the best, but only one person out of 7,000,000,000 can be the best and guess what? With things like art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe one day, you'll find one person who thinks your art is the best art in the world, and tbh, that's all you really need for your art to be considered amazing.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:02:25 AM »
Interesting philosophy. You make it seem like as we age, art becomes more of a challenge to create/understand than in our youths, where we were wild in our creations

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »
I do miss those days. Don't you Rocoro?
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 05:21:39 AM »
OH MY GOSH ARE YOU ALL BLIND  :o

Re-read what you just wrote. That's some art right there. From the second I started reading your post, it sounded just like poetry in my head. Seriously, look at the use of feelings, and the metaphors are unique.
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »
Paraphrasing Martha Beck on this one:

"Although art may be in the eye of the beholder, the feeling of being beautiful exists solely in the mind of the beheld."

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 01:43:29 PM »
Ya! That was art. Really cool to.
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »
See? people are so darn talented and hey don't even know it!
*sobs*
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.