The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What should I say when I meet my class mates  (Read 615 times)

Offline Argus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray,Black
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 185
What should I say when I meet my class mates
« on: August 14, 2013, 04:38:40 PM »
Yes I know that school is like three weeks away but if you have read my journal you know that. I have autism, recently got a service dog named Sarah, don't live with my parents I live with my aunt becaus my mom is to sick to take care of me and my dad doesn't want to, and I don't do we'll in new situations. When I start school and am in the classroom I will stick out being the weird kid who rocks in his chair and has a helper dog. But my question is what should I say to the kids who are nice to me. Who don't tease me but want to be friends. I am not good in these situations so could you please help me. Thanks.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: What should I say when I meet my class mates
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
I'm sure simply saying thank you would be nice. :)

Let them know you appreciate their effort to understand or socialize with you.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 06:11:34 PM »
Be yourself. Be nice and respectful and engaging to the new people you meet. Help them where you can even if they cannot do anything for you. Being a respectable person is well noticeable among peers, even if they don't fully know you as a person they will respect you for your character.

Don't feel like you need to set some kind of image for yourself to impress or fit in. These are just things people think about too much to let people approach you and be friendly. If you're shy and don't want to talk right away, then don't. You don't need anyone's approval to be there or worry about anything you don't have to.

Your dog Sarah seems cool, I think a lot of kids will find her interesting and will ask about her. You can use that as your introduction (ice-breaker) to your classmates and strike up a conversation, see if they want to get lunch or hang out sometime later.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 04:44:31 AM »
Moving to a new school can be one of the toughest things to ever overcome during your school days. The move itself can feel like you are not only moving to a new school, but to a new planet filled with strange aliens who are very different than you and everything you have come to know about society. I myself just moved to a new school about a month ago, and I got sick i was so nervous. However, if I had to say one thing that may be helpful, it is what the man above me said. Be yourself. You will find that these aliens aren't so different from you and are, for the most part, kind hearted.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.