The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Violence rant  (Read 287 times)

Offline Cobalt Storm

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • wub wub wub
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus Pony
  • Coloring: Blue Body, with a yellow and black mane/tail
  • Build: fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Trying to make it here as a pony
Violence rant
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »
Sorry, i just had to post this. I was on the general chat of the website furry 4 life and on that site the moderators watch the general chat like eagles, banning and deleting stuff and what not, so anyway, there where people talking and what not and the mods where kinda telling people not to cuss and what not. One guy accedently had caps lock on and they bitched him out, someone said yiff and the mods freaked out, then these two people starts going back and forth descriptively murdering eachother in grusome and horid ways, making me and other people very uncomfortable, and it made me think, if we are fine with people rping grousome <REMOVED> and is compleetly alloud to do that, and one person says yiff and getts banned? I just think someone is very wrong with that. I hope im not the only one.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:14:59 PM by anoni, Reason: Please do not depict graphic images of gore »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Violence rant
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
Some places a weird like that. the Australian Classification board are the opposite, Full frontal male nudity? That's fine, breasts? Keep it coming, some gore? BANNED. Even a little bit of it can be banned, video games like mortal kombat and L4D2 have been banned while games like GTAIV and Duke Nukem Forever remain entirely untouched.

Some people have strange priorities.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »
I think it may have something to do with culture in each country. In the US, violence is much less taboo than sex is. GTA San Andreas, for example, was perfectly fine for example with all its brutal ways to kill civilians, but once that hot coffee sex mod was discovered people went ballistic! I've heard that since the US was sort of founded upon violent revolution we are much more open to violence as a culture, but that's a big theory I could not explain properly. Either way I agree, it's an odd disconnect.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Subject Sigma

• Avid Aardvark
  • Happy days to you.
    • Awards
  • Species: Ferret Antrho
  • Coloring: Sable
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 173 lbs
  • Build: Lean and slim, yet extremely muscular and strong.
  • Currently: Happy and excited for tommorrow!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
Personally, I like boobies, butts, genitalia of all different sorts, and good old fashioned FIGHTIN...ESRB thinks other wise...their just a bunch of ninnies

Subject 1v02P_Σ AKA Sigma uses FCPM (Foundation of the Conservation and Protection of Mankind) Special Operations RIG.

The FCPM GEO Ops RIG provides user survivability and lethality, it's made out of an advanced nano weave which can come together to make a sort of shell. This temporary armor bonus has the ability to stop heavy caliber machine gun shells. Another one of the suit's main features is it's ability to let the user breathe underwater by using a rebreather as well as its ability to become air tight to allow users to survive in vacuums and hazardous areas. The suit additionally has a cloaking ability which gives the user a temporary cloak. It also has the ability to double user strength as the user wills it.

Offline Sirius

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolff
  • Coloring: Black/grey/blue
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: Heavyweight
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
I agree some moderating is completely unbalanced. I've lived in the deepest parts of the web and used to be a gore junky so not much phases me these days. Seeing violence isn't so bad i actually think alot of people should be forced to see war in it's reality or what happens when a drunk driver hits a car with kids. I think it would be a wonderful deterrent. People need to see what the consequences of their actions can be.