The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Pelted Primacy" Furry Playing Cards!  (Read 1641 times)

Offline djkyota

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • DJKyota's Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Husky
  • Coloring: Blue/light blue
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: Average with a bit of a tummy
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Silly and stressed out
"Pelted Primacy" Furry Playing Cards!
« on: May 24, 2013, 04:46:04 AM »
Hey guys! I hope that this post is in the right place, if not please point me to the right board ^^;
I have recently started a project called "Pelted Primacy" which is a furry-based card deck that I hope can be printed by the United States Playing Card Company under the Bicycle© Card logo. The card illustrations and designs are all done by myself and I have received all the quotes and proper copyright information to make this possible. The only thing missing: The funding and publicity  X3

I have been spending the past 10 days sharing the link across FA and Facebook, sending emails and calling favors from friends, etc. I also had to cancel a previous project page on Kickstarter because there wasn't enough time I could put in to it until now to get it rolling.

The idea is to provide a more accessible and more open-style playing card deck to the community involved with collecting limited-edition playing card decks. There is even a chance for backers to pay $100 to receive a deck plus have their fursona become one of the available court cards or full-art aces!  :3  I don't know a ton of artists who would include others in on their major projects like this, so just check it out :3 As I said, all the proper bits have been taken care of, so now I just need the funding. As usual, you will have the option to back the project and receive either one or more of the decks being produced. How often can you say you're using a deck of playing cards with furries on it? (Don't answer that if you were a sponsor at Biggest Little Furry Convention :P ) Also, when can you say the same thing with YOUR fursona as one of the cards?  0:)

So I call to you guys, fellow fluffies, to help me out with my project :3 I know there's only about 19 days left and that $11,500 is a lot to raise, but if you pass the word around and help me I promise you the turn out will be awesome! I really appreciate everything about this community, and for the past 8 years I have lived and loved in the furry fandom. I'd love to make this dream a reality, and see a unique deck of cards out there just for us!

Thanks guys, oh so much!  :*

HERE'S MY KICKSTARTER PROJECT!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/djkyota/pelted-primacy-limited-edition-playing-cards

PS: I attached an example of the card designs you could expect (quality wise) when you select to have your fursona immortalized in a Bicycle© Card deck by the USPCC. It was a commission I had done for a fur named Corbeau (Fades on FA) who runs a crowd-funding furry blog called http://furstarter.com so go give him a look too! :D

<3
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:52:29 AM by djkyota »
Indecent exposure? Nay, I say! I have teh fur!!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: "Pelted Primacy" Furry Playing Cards!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 06:16:40 AM »
that actually sounds like a pretty awesome idea XD it would be great to replace my current deck which is just an off-campus living deck that has a bunch of rules about how you're not supposed to have fun on the cards XD I wish I could donate to it but I currently am lacking in funds D:
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline djkyota

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • DJKyota's Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Husky
  • Coloring: Blue/light blue
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: Average with a bit of a tummy
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Silly and stressed out
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:08:55 AM »
that actually sounds like a pretty awesome idea XD it would be great to replace my current deck which is just an off-campus living deck that has a bunch of rules about how you're not supposed to have fun on the cards XD I wish I could donate to it but I currently am lacking in funds D:
Oh no trouble at all! :3 I always respect when fellow fluffies want to see a project through but know what financially is most important to them, I'm the same way since I just got done with college. If you wanna help the project, I'd love if you can share it with others you talk to here or on FA. I respect and appreciate everything from pledges to word of muzzle ^^ thanks so much!!!
Indecent exposure? Nay, I say! I have teh fur!!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:10:11 AM »
Oh no trouble at all! :3 I always respect when fellow fluffies want to see a project through but know what financially is most important to them, I'm the same way since I just got done with college. If you wanna help the project, I'd love if you can share it with others you talk to here or on FA. I respect and appreciate everything from pledges to word of muzzle ^^ thanks so much!!!
I'll make an FA journal about it X3
If you want beef then bring the ruckus