The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Act of patriotism (open)  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
Act of patriotism (open)
« on: May 08, 2013, 03:28:35 AM »
(Read before posting http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22528.0)

It was a dark and stormy night on August 10, 1780. Colin rode into the colonist camp on his horse, his rifle pounding against his back with every step the horse took. Lower ranked individuals saluted as he rode past. Colin was known as a hero at the camp, his strength and bravery proven many times in the heat of battle. He dismounted as he arrived at the senior officers tent and made his way inside.
Inside, the commanding officers of the camp stood around a table with a map of the virginia area on it. I took off my rain soaked hat and hung it on the back of a chair. The officers greeted me with a nod and began to brief me on what new intell they had recoverd.
"We have located a British supply base roughly 3 miles south-east of here. We suspect they are preparing for an assault on this location." Said Commander Edinburg. He pointed at a mark on the map. "You are to lead an assault on their camp, taking 10 men with you. The camp is surrounded by a thick forest. You can use tjis to your advantage. You shall attack from the east, Captain Brindley will attack from the west with his men." Brindley nodded.
"Go now and gather your men," said Edinburg, "You leave at an hour before dawn."
I nod and exit the tent, grabbing my hat and putting it on on the way out.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:44:36 AM by Colin_Snowfox »
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Mountain Goat
  • Coloring: Super pale blue tint
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 59kg
  • Build: Average, yet bulked up by fur, taurian
  • Currently: Humanish, but only slightly
Re: Act of patriotism (open)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »
Voltiguer Larue saluted to colin as he rode past, of course, the salute didn't have the same amount of conviction about it as it did when she was saluting a French Captain. She glared at her Charleville musket - a modern design utilised by both the French and the Americans at that time (Save for a few vetrans which still preffered the less advanced English model: Brown Bess). It was getting wet... She hunched over it in a not-so-effective attempt to keep the dammned powder dry. "Curse zis stupid rifle" she muttered under her breath, her face twisting into a scowl.

She looked in a semi-expectant manner as Colin left the tent. Despite him being American, she still respected the fact that he was a good soldier as well as a commander, she then looked at the other soldiers milling about, some under cover. She looked down at her slightly damp gun and moved under cover as well, still muttering a few negative comments about the musket in french.
If you eat poison, don't forget to lick the dish. - Japanese Proverb

Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 01:03:52 AM »
I walk across the camp and tell the local instructor to gather up my soldiers. He blows a whistle "Would the men and women under Captain Snowfox's command please report here."
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline CryWolf

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Stand tall, stand strong, stand above it all.
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Black- Dark grey- and white
  • Height: N/A
  • Weight: N/A
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: Fixing my SOEIV.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 03:05:06 PM »
Cry sits proped against a pine tree stareing into the distant brush of the woods, Sounds of foot falls and shouts can be heard coming from the camp. "Hey Mcrain looks like the captains moving out! Wake up you bum! A bright white wolf rises from a nearby bush and waves at Cry... Both Cry and Mcrain begin to dash toward the camp. "Keep up will ya, we may not get any other opertunities like this to hit the red coats!" Cry and Mcrain arrive just as Colin begins to gather his men.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 08:19:39 PM by CryWolf »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
"Feet first into the action... Feet first into the fire... Good luck."