The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Visiting my father  (Read 334 times)

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
Visiting my father
« on: January 19, 2013, 08:39:41 AM »
In about 4 hours I'll be heading out to see my father. This will be the first time I've seen him in about a year and a half. Last time I left him wondering after saying this final sentence, "Oh yeah. I'm gay.". This time there won't be a pane of glass between us. I should mention that he is in prison for the next 14 years. Now when I see him he can hug me and what not.

I'm nervous. Quite nervous. Mostly for the reason of not having seen him in such a long time. In a nearly two year span people can change, especially in such different worlds. Last I saw he was mortally depressed and had lost around 100 pounds it seemed. Me, I might have grown a bit and I've definitely opened up to my feminine side more.

I'm also nervous because I'm uncertain of my feelings. What he did was terrible and it put my life on a completely new track. Well, two years later and I'm still a bit derailed. The recovery process might take longer than anyone could have expected. Back to what I was saying... I'm uncertain of me feelings so I won't know how to react. I'm upset with him for sure. But would I also be happy to see him? I don't know. And if I'm not then how should I show it? He might have done terrible things, but I don't want him to feel worse off than what he's surely feeling already. I'm just not that kind of person to burden people.

My younger brother will be there with me so his presence might give me courage. This is going to be a tough thing to get through. I'll tell you all how it went on my return.

Post Merge: January 19, 2013, 11:57:45 AM
Off I go.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:57:45 AM by Pea, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Visiting my father
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 03:06:47 PM »
Hope it goes well!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bandal

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 06:04:33 PM »
Good luck Pea! Hope it goes well :) .
A monoculture never thrives :3

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 10:36:37 PM »
This visit went so much better than I had expected. How ever uncomfortable being in a max security prison for 8 hours was, it was a very progressive experience! I talked with dad and my brother for that entire time and we discussed random things here and there. Then we moved on to more serious things. This meeting might be the kick start I've been needing to get my life back on track. I have goals now.
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko

Offline Bandal

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »
Glad to hear it went above and beyond your best expectation  ^_^ . Good luck in the future as well ;) .
A monoculture never thrives :3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 04:50:26 AM »
Glad to hear it too!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";