The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Paid for FC13 tickets... never got them!  (Read 388 times)

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Paid for FC13 tickets... never got them!
« on: January 10, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »
Okay, so this isn't really much of a rant, just a frustration. I still had quite a headache dealing with this...

In December I bought tickets online to Further Confusion in San Jose. Cool right? I couldn't wait to go! Problem is I bought my tickets almost a month ago. Now I guess it probably takes a while for the staff to sort through the payment and mail each ticket to what I can assume is thousands of addresses. But this long?

I emailed the FC staff several times to no avail. I have all the digital receipts with me, but FC has a strict no refund policy. Dang. Here's all the proof I need.

Starting to get worried, fellas. If I don't get my tickets in time for the con, or at all, what's next?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Paid for FC13 tickets... never got them!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:27:31 PM »
I can't say this for sure of course, but I would think that if you showed up with printed copies of those receipts and explained the situation, they'd have to let you in.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:17:05 PM »
There has never been a physical copy of anything to be mailed, they do it all at the convention center, just give your name and provide ID and probably the card you used for payment.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:06:16 PM »
There has never been a physical copy of anything to be mailed, they do it all at the convention center, just give your name and provide ID and probably the card you used for payment.

Really! Thought the payment form said that I would be mailed the tickets. Probably just meant the billing address.

Where's my rock to hide under?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »
Well that's good then, if that's the case. :) It would probably be a good idea to bring a copy of your receipt just in case of any mishaps anyway though.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:14:32 PM »
When I went to Califur and Fanime, they looked at the receipt like it was alien to them. Meaning, nobody probably remembers to bring them... but I did anyways for fear of Line Con: Reawakening. I can only assume Further Confusion will be overpopulated since I have never been, but numbers go up yearly.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:31:54 PM »
When I went to Califur and Fanime, they looked at the receipt like it was alien to them. Meaning, nobody probably remembers to bring them... but I did anyways for fear of Line Con: Reawakening. I can only assume Further Confusion will be overpopulated since I have never been, but numbers go up yearly.

I'll be sure to bring copies of the proof of purchase just in case. Thanks for the advice!

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 04:34:18 AM »
I agree, you're better off safe than sorry. Just make sure nothing gets lost or stolen.