The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst Experience with Gaming  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Worst Experience with Gaming
« on: December 29, 2012, 04:40:16 AM »
Not to be confused with the Worst Game or Things You Hate in Video Games threads, this is for your worst experiences involving gaming. May it be in the actual game, revolving around a game/games, or gaming.

For myself, I'd have to say my first ever corrupt memory card. This was on the Gamecube, and I had been playing the crap out of Shadow the Hedgehog. I did almost every single combination possible, with just four more left to do.

And then, it happened >.>

My card got corrupt, and *all* the data got removed. The only data I had on there, was that and Super Mario Sunshine. Doing however many combinations for story there were in Shadow the Hedgehog, is a time-eating feat, and once my card got corrupt, I had no will to try it all over again.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
Re: Worst Experience with Gaming
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:18:18 AM »
Grand Theft Auto IV's multiplayer earns the worst experience hands down. For one, it sucks at putting you in new games. Time and time again have I seen people try to leave a game I was in only to be put right back into that same game with us. They do it again, and they come back. Leave, come back. Leave, come back. Just... come on.

If you're not the person who made the room, all explosives lag - which is especially irritating on the Ballad of Gay Tony DLC due to the explosive sniper rifles and AA12 Frag-round, as well as the upgraded Annihilator and N.O.O.S.E. APC. Makes the explosive part kind of... hard to use.

The excessive amount of other hindering and problematic glitches is also bad. Sometimes the game makes it that NO vehicles spawn, at all. No cars, none of the placed vehicles, nothing. And it can stay that way for a LONG time - my friend and I once had to run from the third island to the airport (on the opposite side of the map entirely) and even then, nothing was spawning. Not to mention, the game often experiences texture glitches - where certain objects and stuff do not spawn or are invisible, from poles to buildings, it happens.

And the worst of them all - game modders. There are so many, and they can do literally everything and anything to themselves and to you. I hate their actions, and all of them irritate me to absolutely no **censor** end. They are generally all cowards and completely asinine in mannerisms. So many of them ruin games when they join - making you unable to leave, control your vehicles, or even do ANYTHING (setting you on fire at random whenever they want or making explosions happen all around you/your vehicle).

I could also put DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi up there, too. But GTA has so much that ruins it. I mean, one minute you're loving the game, the next you want to kill everybody in the game server (within the confines of the game, of course) and go play something else - like Skyrim or Halo. At least when everything goes well, GTAIV is a great game to play with a party.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:17:20 AM »
Any time I spend several hours on a game only to find out that none of it got saved properly and I have to do it again.

:(

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline CrazyCat

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Cat
  • Coloring: gray fur with white belly, chest, and paws.Tip of the tail is also white. Has green eyes.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: A Nervous Wreck
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 04:12:21 AM »
That one time my brother and I played Midnight Club 3 for like 7 hours straight and as a result he ended up having an epileptic fit. D:  Put me off videogames for weeks.
There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's
There's no right way to eat a Rhesus

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 03:07:41 AM »
Playing dark souls. I plug my mp3 in my Xbox and without thinking I don't rede levy my storage device. I spend hours on chaos witch quelag and then hours on the iron golom but beat both eventually. I get off and head to my exes house, comeback to show him darksouls....non of it was saved FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline LeafTheSwift

• Chatty Cheetah
  • C'est la vie
    • Awards
  • Species: Swift Fox
  • Coloring: Gray with streaks of orange.
  • Height: 5`8
  • Weight: 147 lb.
  • Build: Althletic look but more toned then bulky.
  • Currently: Being Happy! ^^
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 03:13:13 AM »
Going onto a lenthly dungeon on skyrim and forgetting to save. then when i die i have to do it all gain

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!  Stealth Operative

Offline Bandal

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
My multiple experiences with the rather caustic League of Legends community. Don't get me wrong I love the game and have a lot of great experience but it seems to attract some rather nasty individuals to it. Even if they are not talking about me it is a huge blow to my enjoyment of a match when I see them just ripping into someone on the chat :( .
A monoculture never thrives :3