The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: -22 and dropping (preview)  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
-22 and dropping (preview)
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »
I fixed the massive wall of text issue, shouldn't happen again.

Proluge: Since the dawn of history, when our ancestors first learned of the killing power that they hold, our species has been at a constant war with itself. Battles have been waged over food, power, lust, and pure uncontroalable anger. In the year 2072, as the destructive nature of humanity had grown to its full potential, the world was plunged into a pit of nuclear fire. However, humanity's desire to survive pulled through. For on that day when fire covered the earth, the emensive sparks of radiation caused humanity to fuse with its best friends, animals. Thus marked the beginning of our kind, where we live on. Our story follows a lone survivor as he lives on in one of the few remaining places left hospitable, Greenland.

Chapter 1: I sit shivering, my coat wrapped around me, on the edge of one of Upernavik's many cliffs.
"Why is it so cold all the time?" I think to myself "Probably something to do with ice being all over the place."
I sigh, but my thought process is cut off an earsplitting scream that echos from one of the caves behind me.
"What the hell,"
I stand up, making my way slowly over to the cave.
"No, please!" Says one of the voices coming from the cave, shortly followed by a new voice,
"Why not? You,ll make good eatin', Keep me full you will."
"Cannnibal" I think to myself, before poking my head inside to see them.
One of the men, a smaller rabbit, is sitting in the corner, tears flowing down his face, while a larger snow leopard towers over him with a knife.
The rabbit spots me and mouthes the word "Help".
I nod and pick up a stone neerby, creeping up behind the leopard. He is about half my size but if I can get one good blow I should have him. I bring the stone down on his head as hard as I can, however instead of hitting the floor as I had planed he turns around. I drop the stone and back up
"Shit."
The cannibal roars with anger "You hit me! You die!"
 I begin to run towords the exit when a gunshot rings throughout the cavern, and the leopard falls to the floor with a thump. I turn around and see that the rabbit is standing up, a pistol in his hand.
"If you had that why didn't you just shoot him?"
 The rabbit replys cooly "I did."
 I frown "I meant before I got involved instead of begging for your life."
"Well I couldn't very well pull it out while he was facing me, I'm Henry by the way."
"Good point, I'm Colin."
The rabbit puts the pistol into a makeshift holster inside his coat, "Well Colin, I suggest that we leave. Someone was sure to have heard those shots."
"Great idea."

You have just read the preview of -22 and dropping. Characters and plot are still being worked on, and there are a number of character openings. If you should like your fursona to be in the final story then please message Colin_Snowfox with your fursona's name, age, gender, a description of his/her appearance, a description of his/her personality, and a description of how your fursona should act in the situation above (Clothing, weapons, alignment). All roles are first come first serve, however I will try to squeze all possible characters in that I can. I will be uploading the story chapter by chapter here as I finish it, so check back often.
-Colin.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:55:10 AM by Colin_Snowfox »
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.