The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why can't some people get it?  (Read 431 times)

Offline Growlithe

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blarg
    • Awards
  • Species: Meerkitty
  • Currently: Ready to see the world
Why can't some people get it?
« on: December 11, 2012, 12:10:58 AM »

Do note that I am not saying this about anyone here.

It rustles my jimmies. I dislike foruming anymore because there is always that group of people who can't just be gay or christian or atheist or furry or artistic or multi-lingual without constantly talking about how great they are for it or how persecuted they are and how we should sympathize.

Can we not JUST do something and have a sense of pride within ourselves? It drives me crazy to no end.

Next, I swear, I see posts all across the net of people talking about how "Christians are brainwashed" or some other crude phrase followed by "They all hate gays and what they don't understand". Do some people even comprehend how ignorant they sound when they say that? The worst part is, people AGREE with them. We are hating a group for hating a group. That sounds effective. It seems to have worked out every time before.

Some people act like everything is a battle waiting to be won. I hope that if someone like that is reading this that they take this word of advice and examine themselves first. The best thing anyone can do is get their ducks in a row before firing off negative comments.

Also, damn near everyone is SICK of people talking about being fursecuted (or hated upon in any group) or hated like it's some global conspiracy. It's not, nor has it ever been. There are people who dislike this group, but that minority is extremely small and is generally uneducated about the group; they hardly ever hate on what we represent of the fandom. Understand that hate is out there for everything and every group, so the best you can do is suck it up.

Lastly, stop making excuses. It is single handedly the most childish and irresponsible thing you can do.

I hope someone reads this and has a revelation.
  • Signature art by: unknown
Feel free to PM me, I check here 1-2 times a day and love getting PMs

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Why can't some people get it?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 12:20:37 AM »
It's simple. Furries love to cry and whine about the people who hate us, as a reason to hate back and cause more hate all around.

To be honest, it's how it's always been, and probably will be. Human nature, simple as that. Regardless of how much we want people to stop, they most likely won't. Even if a few do.

I can't say how many times I've seen this topic discussed on varying levels but it always comes down to; Best just let it be, if you don't get involved, it won't be your worry, and other responses of that nature.

Offline Growlithe

• Boisterous Bear
  • Blarg
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:24:35 AM »
:P I usually get flamed and 24 hour bans when I put it like that, but yes. That's pretty much it...

The world isn't ready to grow up

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:38:21 AM »
If I got banned for something like that then obviously the administration of that place would be more childish than I am x3

Really we just gotta get over ourselves. Not everyone likes us, whoopdeedoo. I've got plenty of people that hate me but I don't baaw about it every time I'm reminded.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »
There's no hope for the human race.

This is the internet and it's used for communicating ideas that people have. It's going to have it's shortcomings for sure, but anything remotely associated to public use is most definitely going to have issues regarding freedom of speech to those who don't want to hear it.

Yes, people complain about how awful their lives must be. It's not like anyone actually have enough of their own problems to care but it makes people feel better when they come online to convey their message of distress without actually doing anything to solve it. It's when you start taking steps toward fixing your life and sorting yourself out that life gets even more depressing before it gets any better.

It's funny, the only place where I've seen these rants and raves are on furry boards. Compared to the /qq/ boards, the things people post as their "problems" are flat out bogus. They're not even problems that remotely have any influence on the aspect of real life...AND YOU WANT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU? No. I have work to do, people to see, and places to be. To compare, you have those complaining about people who were "rude to them online" or people online who "don't agree with me." Meanwhile I'm dealing with law enforcement officers, going to court, dealing with the VERY unpleasant public, trying to pay bills, worry about finding out that my job is on the line because someone else messed up, and coming home to find out your dog just died after dealing with people who would like to piss in your face at work everyday...guess what else? They're also rude (to my face) and don't agree with me.

The world is a mean place isn't it? Complaining right back to it seems pretty ironic and stupid if you ask me.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:02:04 PM by Spike_ »

Offline Growlithe

• Boisterous Bear
  • Blarg
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 01:49:14 AM »
You kinda... missed the point here.

but it's kk

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »
Holy crap bro I just re-read and I thought I was posting in a COMPLETELY different thread xD

Offline Indecipherable

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »
The reason is that everyone has an "I know better. I'm right and ur wrong, so let me show you how my opinions supersede yours" attitude. It will never stop. It's in our nature to disprove others and gain sympathy. Some go to great lengths for such sympathy and evoke emotion, as ultimately, we all want more people who agree with us. This makes us feel more confident of ourselves, and we can continue with more force, kind of like making a snowball.

Offline Marcus

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • This user has left!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »
I think about how wrong people are (In my VERY personal opinion, mind you) all the time. I can't help it. But, here is the kicker, unless they are actively bashing me at that moment, I just stop caring. I don't care if someone dislikes me or my interests one bit. Why? Because they are mine, and I can't throw a rock around here without finding someone else that shares my opinions. Why should I listen to them anywho? This is my body, my mind, my life, if they dislike the way I carry out my processes they obviously have some serious control issues.