The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Some oddities, wondering if this is "normal" for otherkin?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Master Sgt. Ember

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The Gamemaster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: All Powerful Chinchilla
  • Coloring: Gray fur, mousy face
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: Approx~ 180
  • Build: Curvy and Lanky
  • Currently: Wanting to run a Roleplaying game
Some oddities, wondering if this is "normal" for otherkin?
« on: December 06, 2012, 06:00:40 AM »
Soooooo... I have heard about otherkin but i have never really done a lot of research on the topic, but I wanted to know if this is otherkin or if  I have to keep on looking for what I am.

So, example number one, in mediation I have had several encounters with a supernatural black wolf female that sometimes appears as a standing humanoid figure, sometimes as a feral wolf, however the weird things about it are that she has white eyes and has black tendrils of black energy? coming out of her back, as well as hooves and horns. I'm not sure what this is but when I asked it, she said it was me. She is also the inspiration for my transition, because through my talks with her, I have been able to channel her within me and I always feel more at home with myself when I am her. I know we are the same spirit and just look different.

Another is that I have always imagined myself when I do short term channeling (like when i'm working at the steel mill and I imagine myself turning into a horse or a wolf to help me work) that I am empowered.

Also, I should mention, I have always characterized people by what they are like, be it angel or animal or alien or whatever, as well as I have always seen myself as that.

Don't know if any of this is relevant but I hope so. Ive been on a sort of self imposed quest to find out what exactly what I am.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Some oddities, wondering if this is "normal" for otherkin?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:26:29 AM »
It could, it could.... I don't know how helpful I can be, but I'll give you my two cents on it and take em one bullet at a time. :)

1.) When she said that, she could mean that either literally, or just figuratively, though I'm thinking its more of the latter. Sounds like you were communicating with your higher self there, your spirit, and that could be your true form, so that's why I think you may be an otherkin.

2.) That could be you either just using the strength of those two animals, but it could also be you channeling your higher self, using her attributes... You didn't specify whether or not you channeled her power or just the animals themselves.

3.) Eh, the third one doesn't really have too much significance in my opinion... I characterize people as animals all the time, and although I'm a furry and I believe in reincarnation, I don't think that I'm a jackal therian. (What I mean to say is that I've been countless things in my lifetimes, and I'll be countless other things on my spiritual journey, but there's no leftover animal stuff in me spiritually... To my knowledge anyway)

Well, either way, I wish you luck on your travels, and if you'd like to read more on the subject, I know of a site with a plethora of ebooks, so surely they have something that would be of use to you... Visit www.witchesgrove.com, register for the forums so you can get access to the e-library. :)